pvp Extinction3x/Island 3x/Scorched 3x/Aberration 3x Near Official Experience!

Brayn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DaymanxXxCometh said:

My buddy and I are interested in joining the scorched earth map if there are slots open still for it. Is that cool??

This cluster has the maps I like and looking to be a part of something now that my boy quit playing Ark. Have over 4000 hours of PVE experience and very easy going. Know how to run all caves and defeat all bosses. Depending on if we like each other I would be interested in talking if you want to team up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Brayn said:

Greetings,

I invite all who wish to join me on Xbox PvP Nitrado Hosted Server Clustered servers, each named - ""Extinction 3x w Ab Island and Scorch Cluster", "Island 3x w Extinction Ab and Scorch Cluster" and "Scorched 3x w Extinction Ab and Island Cluster" and "Aberration 3x w Extinction Island and Scorched Cluster".  The servers went live on or around 3/8/2018, with extinction launching 11/13/2018 (365 days, will renew the others to match).  To easily find it, just type in 3x in the server search bar under PC hosted servers (be sure PvP is checked and the preferred map is selected). 

Some relevant details regarding rates and other server information can be found below:

Rates:

Tame/Harvest/EXP = 3x -- Food consumption is still 1x.  This may be adjusted higher for special "Evolution Events", but I feel 3x is the sweet spot.

Maturation/Incubation = 6x -- Baby food consumption is .33 and mating interval is 3x.  Rexes take 16 hours. from incubation to mature.

Imprinting - ANYONE from your tribe can imprint your dino, not just the person who claimed the dino.  I will be monitoring imprint % and adjusting accordingly to ensure 100% imprint is possible on all dinos.

Fuel Consumption - 4x as of right now, but this is a moving target.  By default it's 1.31x, which is 1 gas every 30 minutes in a genny.  At 4x it should be around 2 hours per gasoline.  Unfortunately moving this slider makes burning wood slower as well, which messes up early charcoal.  This stat is under review.

Turrets - 125 per 5,000 units, 2x dmg to dinos and players.  Helps offset the dino boosts and, I think, makes raiding more of a Risk vs. Reward calculation.

Structures - 13,000 structure radius limit, 2x resistance

Platforms/Rafts - 2x structure limit (if this gets out of hand it will get reviewed, but I love boats and platform saddles so it may even go up).  Turrets only allowed on rafts.

Stats - Player stats are all vanilla.  Dino stats are slightly boosted to TAMED LEVELS in HP, Stam and Melee, 50% boosted for weight.  This makes finding good statted dinos easier, since even average stats can be levelled to be high stats.

Dino Levels - max wild dino level is 150

ORP - turned off.  will review if it ever gets an overhaul and isn't exploitable.

Drains - Stam drain for dinos and players is .7, resulting in more stam for running around/flying etc.

Crops - Crops grow 2x faster, because who has time for that?

Resource Radius/Respawn - radius is .5, meaning you can build closer to resources without them being blocked and respawn timer is double, so they respawn quicker.

Collision - Official setting, but under review.  Had it turned off and noticed you could do some crazy structure stacking.

Structure/Dino Decay - TURNED OFF - My goal is to have this server be one that you do not have to monitor every outpost all the time and I think PvP structure/dino decay is stupid.  If the map gets cluttered from abandoned structures or excessive pillaring, we can use explosives or I can deal with it admin style if it's out of hand.  Don't be a jerk.

Cave Dmg - 6x.  You can also build in caves, but I'd advise against it as it is incredibly OP and people don't like that.  Pearl caves excluded, obviously.

Slots - Island = 50, Scorched = 32, Aberration = 50.

Max Tribe Size - 50 players, alliances allowed

Max Tamed Dinos - 5,500 server limit.  Subject to review and increase if needed.  This server will never get tame capped!

Loot quality - All beacon loot drops are 1.5x quality.  Fishing loot is 2x quality.  This is subject to adjustment in either direction.

Rules:

- There will be almost no admin enforced rules.  People being completely belligerent in chat by being racist etc. will be dealt with via xbox reporting... but I don't plan on taking any admin actions unless cheating/duping/undermapping is going on. 

- This will be treated like an official server.  I am the only one with the admin password and will not be using it to spawn in anything for myself or anyone else.  Logging is enabled, although the menu screen says otherwise. 

- I WILL use admin commands to unstuck dinos, fix actual glitches and other things WC customer support typically will handle.  I've played over 400 days on official servers, so I know what is or is not a glitch/error that they handle.  If you're caught abusing this or spamming me with unreasonable support requests, you will be branded as annoying and will get less than prompt responses.  Otherwise I'll handle everything as it happens as fast as I can get to it... but remember, I want to play the game too.

PVP - Full PvP ladies and gentlemen.  Offline, online, full wipe, passive dino killing, thievery, trolling, griefing (except spawn camping) are all allowed per WC's official ruleset.  THAT BEING SAID, I intend to grind my way to the top.  If I see something I don't like, I may or may not respond to help (or hurt, kekekek).

- For those who are familiar with Official PvP, I would like these servers to run like a server with a friendly alpha.  That means you get left alone so long as you aren't being a jerk, aren't blocking resources and aren't blocking artifact caves.  At least, that's how I plan to play it.  Everyone else is free to do as they please, subject to the consequences of people not liking you and wanting to fight you off the server.  The true official sandbox experience, with slight adjustments to make the game more fun.

Further out and Final Words:

I have paid for each server in the cluster for a full year.  They WILL be around for at least that long and will ALWAYS be Extinction/Island/Scorch/Aberration.  Rates may move as the community demands or system requires, but you will have a home here for at least 365 days.

If the cluster becomes popular, I'll purchase additional servers or slots for the cluster.  When the next DLC comes out, I'll open a server for that as well.

Suggestion on Building - This is just a piece of advice...the maps aren't huge, but are not small either.  To help keep the peace and avoid unnecessary conflicts, try your best to not build within render distance of another tribe unless invited to do so.  Lets all be civil and enjoy the game.

Currently, you can tame bulbdogs and Griffins on Island.  They spawn on the beach and Carno Island respectively.

Extinction added bump!

Archived