Trolling is not Griefing

Logan96

6 hours ago, Logan96 said:

thats genius! Knowing my luck, my tribe would've opened the dino gates and whistled aggressive with everything set to wander in retalliation lol

I was furious the next day in retaliation he whistled follow all to the egg Dino's just so I would have to sort them out again.

I then made a bunch of narc traps and hid them in and around his personal building it was excellent hearing him swear at me when he was caught in one, it was a pain in the butt trying to hide them so he wouldn't see them some were in tall grass one hiding near a bed and a few hidden around his Dino's.

Sometimes all a great troll takes is the simple things like breaking a wall and make it face the opposite direction or mixing the Flint and stone box's.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, Logan96 said:

I really like this analogy because I have also viewed the laws and mechanics of supremacy in Ark as being similar to history. (Ive  actually tried to apply military tactics from the peloponnesian war into the game) This is also why I feel cross transfers should remain in the game as each server resembles a continent with different laws and government. This is relevant because in the end we will see whether the trolls/griefers, mega  tribes or something in the middle will come out as supreme. Of course i'd guess the game will eventually die out before a clear victor is established.

Well I wasnt exactly stating that either should be removed, but just trying to point out that if somebody is trolling to simply have fun, then there are better ways to do it than to kill and destroy everything.

However I also disagree with a portion of what you are stating, especially given the way mechanics on ark work. If somebody attacks me and/or my tribe it does not matter if they kill and destroy everything we have, because we will write down all the info we need and return later to level everything they have, kill all their tames and cage those players until they quit the game for good. If they had simply painted our dino gates or put a bear trap outside our door it would be a good laugh and we might give them a ridiculous haircut someday in exchange. Playing the way you described keeps an alpha in charge of their server, but someday they will be invaded by a group that they "trolled" and it will be the end of everything they owned. But as you said "it is what it is" and the cycle of revenge will continue forever.

You have a very diluded view of how pvp works. Unless you are online you wont get our server number. Even if you do get our server number we have a self sustaining pearl cave on an enemy server for troll tames. We raise theris, rexs, pteras, stegos all without ever leaving the cave. Look at our accounts you will find they are troll accounts with the videos records only on enemy servers or servers trolled/raided.

So even if you get online which we hit at 3-4 am depending on the server number. Pop is low and base timers give how long you been off away. You literally would get nothing, get your base meat ran with a theri and never know who hit you.

Nobody goes to enemy servers to paint dino gates. Not only is that dumb but it suppresses nothing and is a huge waste of time.

Archived