discussion Main traders/breeders question

ZeroSeconds

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheConstructor said:

I wouldnt mind share some thoughts with fellow breeders, but I think that people are not that good with just shareing stuff without being "payed" if you are still thinking that people should share breeds, well there are exeptions but mostly people want own stuff and dont like to share

The main reason is not to give out free breeds to eachother but not having to do double work.

For example in a few weeks a lot of second degree dino's will come out as end breeds (thorny dragons, vultures, mammoths etc.). Would be a shame if I'd been spending hundreds of hours on thorny's and some1 else has 1-2 point stat difference with my stats. Than it should be better (imo) that I would take thorny's for example and some one else vultures or any other dino. 

That way you can still get your payment and probably even better payments than without the information 

edit: And the longer term goal is to get all dino's to base level 300+ clean. Maybe in 10 years we'd have level 380 boss jerboa's xD

@ZeroSeconds  with shared breeds I ment what you said. I got this dino you got another. But if one have 4 top stats and other have 3 (including speed) I bet that guy with 3 stats wont "share" his breed with other if the other would like to do it. not if he dont get stats equal worth on some other dino that he do also. Idk I know I would do that with hard time with my breeds that are already over 300 where I put in alot of hours.

Just now, TheConstructor said:

@ZeroSeconds  with shared breeds I ment what you said. I got this dino you got another. But if one have 4 top stats and other have 3 (including speed) I bet that guy with 3 stats wont "share" his breed with other if the other would like to do it. not if he dont get stats equal worth on some other dino that he do also. Idk I know I would do that with hard time with my breeds that are already over 300 where I put in alot of hours.

Well nothing will be free ofcourse. For that the easiest model is I give you my 3 stats and you breed them all together. When you finish I get the first pair of end line product and we agree on a forum price which we won't go below to not compete with eachother and keep it fair. Something along those lines. Of course its free for people to make their own decisions and if they don't want to there's no one that can force them. I guess I'll just go on ahead and try it ouy see if some people come into the tribe.

The tribe is already made and later today I'll start inviting, I've put the tribe to private. 

My main reason for wanting clean stats is 'cause so many people breed their lines to poop until they're at 3348/20 on both sides... Or even if it's under 20, people stack the same mutation uselessly.. If I'm trading for a dino to add to my lines or to start a new line I want to know exactly what's in that mutation counter... If they can say oh yeah it has 3 mutations, they're X, Y and Z, then fine, but tbh then I'd feel a bit bad breeding on from it for trade 'cause it'd all be based on their work... Not applicable to all situations but yah... Generally I'm looking for high base tame stat rolls when I trade :) Or colours :D 

Not sure why people have a certain guilt or disdain of buying and breeding other people's stats. It should be understood the second you sell a breedable dino, someone else will use it to further their line at some point.

Im ok with that. And i would expect others i trade with to be also. Reason is when trading, both parties are mutually compensated for their efforts and they own those items/dinos. We can't have the best of both worlds. Its sold at whatever price the seller and buyer agree on and leave it at that. If the stats are precious charge accordingly or seek something rare in return. Its common sense.

If there are any special expectations, make sure to tell the person being traded with before the transaction is made. If they agree its a gentleman's agreement and benefit of the doubt they will honor the terms. It is also important to consider it is impossible to monitor tames at all times. Tribe mates can make eggs and breed while you are offline without your knowledge. 

In reality nobody can enforce or fully trust eachother, so why bother being a control freak? Eventually stats get out by legit or shady means. Its a game and we all have to remember these are pixels we look at.

We all tame, we all breed. No matter if it is for resource gain or trading dino for dino stats. If people are not ok with sharing their stats, dont sell them, or worst case, neuter them.

At the end of the day there will always be someone out there with better stats and less mutations because they have more time to play, tame, breed and trade. Not to mention bringing tame cap into the mix but it is a huge factor.

When i started breeding bears i had to tame over 200+ bears just to find the right stats. Sometimes i tamed 20-50 in one weekend and mostly killing them because they tamed with horrible rolls. Good luck doing that now as most servers are on and off tame cap or completely hardcapped 24/7. Also dinos could decay out of render when they are tamed. Odds are stacked against us more than ever now.

The only way to further bloodlines efficiently is to trade with people with better luck than you finding stats.

Period

Archived