discussion Main traders/breeders question

ZeroSeconds

@Demerus @alexio86 @YellowJacket @Hawktrader74 @TheConstructor @gcalberto @Bambulaaa @Morimoto @WhiteCrow @Schelmixi 

Hello and welcome,

First of all I'd like to say the forum only allows me to tag 10 people, therefor not all main traders/breeders are tagged (yet).

The question I want to discuss with you guys is as following:

- Why is every single breeder currently after clean stats only and mainly selling clean stats too (including myself) 

We know Wild Card won't be doing much about the current cap problem (given tomorrow's solution is temp.), so I thought we could make an actual change. There are already some of you which I work closely together with, where we share our lines and stats to prevent x2 work and x2 amount of dino's on a single server. Woudn't it be benificial if we go back to the legacy mindset where we start a line and finish it (with all mutations etc.) before bringing it to market? I'm currently doing the same with my thylacoleo's where I will be bringing them out at base level 340-350. Meaning it is a completed dino where not many people will mass breed after it for more mutated stats etc. 

I'd like to know what is your drive/objective with getting/selling clean stats mainly? 

My awnser:

It's good in the market currently. Non breeders somehow think that clean stats are better than mutated stats which is why they're after clean stats only. I sell what the market asks, the only value I have in clean stats are the ones that I tame and breed myself. Things that I buy I don't really care about the mutations since I'm not going to compete with the person whom I bought them from. 

I believe that we could make a change regarding the caps together, came to the point where I fully gave up on Wild Card and see if we as a community can solve it to a certain extend. 

Note: I'm not trying to be discrespectful or make this a disrespectful topic. Mainly a discussion topic for information where we can exchange idea's and thoughts.

Zero Seconds - 698 Legacy - 193/79/210 Official

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello fellow breeder.

1st of all.. thank you @ZeroSeconds to considering me as one of the main traders/breeders. What an honor! :D

Now my point of view and my reasons why I trade only for clean unmutated stats.

I am part of larger group from legacy servers, we started on new cluster with official release. I brought together the group of friends and we play on all maps so we can split our work/breeds. Well that was the idea to have maps/tribes own specific breed that they do. Not every tribe played by this direction but thats their buissnes and I dont mind how/what they wanted to do. Well then tame cap hit on our island/ragnarok/center we had talk about splitting breeds again. And now we getting sorted slowly and optimise tames in tribes. I personaly play on Scorched so I never had problems with server cap, just tribe cap. For me otherwise I do few dinos that I like breeding and I want to get all my stats together before I put them on market and I only trade for better clean stats that Im missing. Why? Well I like lines clean, I do sepparate breed with mutations where I try to combine my own colors that I got as side effect of clean line breeding. So every grown dino that I sell/trade with mutations is my unique "art". I dont mind to have 433% melee anky with my mutation and 1/20 mutation counter even if there is 449% or even higher out on market because breeding my own lines give me much needed excitement in game. Makeing few fridges of eggs, hatching and waiting for eggs to pop not knowing if you get new mutation or not is pure fun for me.

What regards tame cap. I think thats problem because people are playing solo or in small tribes. WC should make this game bit different. Once I read on forum one idea that I like. Really like. It was not under name of tribe cap but people claiming lands that they dont use. Was idea about flags that grants you certain area of land around where you place it. I would make that you get more flags like that and more tribe dino cap if you have more players. More players in tribe = less kibble dinos, split breeds, less boss dinos, etc. Tribe should also be limited with players ofcourse. And by players I mean steam acc. I dont know if this is doable or what but it would be nice if you ask me.

Well that are my thoughts, I hope I answered your question good enough.

Con

4 minutes ago, TheConstructor said:

Makeing few fridges of eggs, hatching and waiting for eggs to pop not knowing if you get new mutation or not is pure fun for me.

Fully agreed, I love to do this as well. The only thing that I see (including with myself) is that it is hard to part with your dino's ending in 75 anky's all with their own perks etc. 

I myself play on SE too so cap isn't a problem, just the tribe cap and we're bounding between 450-500 atm. A thing that I really realized is that when you start killing sub breeds that actually are useless (altho you think in your mind some noob might want them  for free maybe) it kinda feels good. It might be my sadistic mind that I enjoyed killing 60 anky's but it was for the greater good >.< That is where a lot of space could be won on the other maps that are capped at the moment. 

The thing that was awesome about legacy is that a breeder (can't remember his name) brought out the base level 380 anky's whilst the rest was at like 320-330. In those 2 weeks after the release of the 380 anky's a lot of anky's were slaughtered on legacy xD Thats the point to where I want to go with the community. Have thus far stats and levels that people would kill all of their current dino's (exception of colours) and replace them with those stats to a number of which they will active use only in stead of the 1 male 20 females ratio's. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply Con. 

1 minute ago, ZeroSeconds said:

A thing that I really realized is that when you start killing sub breeds that actually are useless (altho you think in your mind some noob might want them  for free maybe) it kinda feels good.

I usualy ask in global if any new player want it. Neutered/spayed ofc. But still damn good for farm. And if he is interested in breed he have good anky and can farm metal more easy. :D

5 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

The thing that was awesome about legacy is that a breeder (can't remember his name) brought out the base level 380 anky's whilst the rest was at like 320-330. In those 2 weeks after the release of the 380 anky's a lot of anky's were slaughtered on legacy xD Thats the point to where I want to go with the community. Have thus far stats and levels that people would kill all of their current dino's (exception of colours) and replace them with those stats to a number of which they will active use only in stead of the 1 male 20 females ratio's. 

Ye I wouldnt put dinos on market if I would have more stats to add up. But I came to my end atm and I look for better stats so ye.. I trade them. Also only creature that I have 10+ females is rex. Other breeds I do in lower female ratios.. I like to do more breeds and have more diverse ark play than just focused fully on one dino. Would get bored even faster. :D

Although I don't play official (I play unofficial 5x) and I'm not considered a "main breeder",  I do enjoy breeding. I will usually get dinos to lvl 400 (310 if youre on difficulty 5 max lvl 150) . With clean stats so that I can then branch off into colour mutations and make a rainbow dino with beast level / stats! :)

For me a very big reason why I'm selling clean lines and don't "finish" the line with tons of mutations in hp/ melee // weight/ melee is because of teh tame cap itself. It is a massive pain in the a** to get anything done in the first place with server cap, not to mention breeding a line until you have 20+ melee mutations, and 20+ in the other important stats... it's just not going to happen if the server you're on is tame capped 95% of the time. 

Also another huge reason is that their value, for some odd reason, in selling is a lot higher than for "dirty" lines. I assume this is because people

a) like to get their own mutations

and

b) think that its a huge advantage to improve their stats on, which is debateable because of the way most people who breed for mutations get them (aka the 499 random fems+1 all stat male).

Generally the aim should be to get the dinos to base lvl 379 with as los was possible speed stat, because that would cause people to prefer those dinos to use them over trying to improve them further and further; I see this with myself: I can without shame say that my current Ankylos are pretty good, they are full of mutations because some of the satats came form people who didnt care about muts, despite that they are pretty solid. BUT I see myself trying to get more melee/ weight mutations on them just to further improve on those, I still haven't raised one for myself to use because I know they will likely be better relatively soon anyways. I wouldn't do that if they already hit the "magic" 379.

I currently have one thing i am breeding and im only selling non finished ones as a way for pll who want a base caving dino to get one. I trade to GET clean stats to finish my line out. I also tend to try to manage cap as much as i can on my own keeping a set of clean females to mute from and culling non essentials quickly. I think a big problem is a lot of ppl wont cull...they say hmmm i like this one bc of this. I pretty much keep one or so males if i have a color mute somebody might like and otherwise i progress with only ones who could produce a mutation to further the line. 

This being said i fully aggree in holding a dino til bred out, but the issue there is ppl tend to need resources to further build and refine breeding facility ect. 

I agree with waiting to sell your dino’s until your line is completely finished(doing it with my gigas atm). But part of the cap issue is also the kibble system(notice how many bases have 50-75 kibble dino’s) and people not willing to let go of their old breeds/tames(some do, But I know a couple of bases with 100+ Ankies with the Same color mutation and no good stats, when asked about it the owner usually feels like hes throwing away his time. 

About sharing lines between traders: I got scammed twice already so I am more careful with my giga line(one 295 melee egg and one 326 baselevel giga without mutations). However Im starting a new rex project soon, so if anyone is interested feel free to pm me for more info or if you want to join(please provide previous breeding experience or lots of good feedback on the forum)

2 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

About sharing lines between traders: I got scammed twice already so I am more careful with my giga line(one 295 melee egg and one 326 baselevel giga without mutations). However Im starting a new rex project soon, so if anyone is interested feel free to pm me if you want to join(please provide previous breeding experience or lots of good feedback on the forum)

We got some big names since legacy here, I would actually love to see a joint-project xD 

Regarding the kibble farm, completly agreed but there is a (kind of) solution to that which I've tested before. Basicly the open kibble farm for every1 to take what they need and share kibbles where need be. This worked great for the legacy server because we had a great community server where almost every single player would go out of his/her way to help you out if you needed it. That is something I still miss on the new servers unfortunatly. 

Is it an idea to construct some kind of lay-out where all the best stats go to 1 person who breeds them together and dispers them to the contributants. For example for the new project oli4, that I tame a 51 stam rex and give that to you. Same with some1 else who gets lucky on hp or any other stat and when you get the stats together distrubutes the stats to the ones that contributed in that rex. I do feel there should be some kind of reward for the breeder tho because that takes time (just a random thought atm)

16 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

We got some big names since legacy here, I would actually love to see a joint-project xD 

Regarding the kibble farm, completly agreed but there is a (kind of) solution to that which I've tested before. Basicly the open kibble farm for every1 to take what they need and share kibbles where need be. This worked great for the legacy server because we had a great community server where almost every single player would go out of his/her way to help you out if you needed it. That is something I still miss on the new servers unfortunatly. 

Is it an idea to construct some kind of lay-out where all the best stats go to 1 person who breeds them together and dispers them to the contributants. For example for the new project oli4, that I tame a 51 stam rex and give that to you. Same with some1 else who gets lucky on hp or any other stat and when you get the stats together distrubutes the stats to the ones that contributed in that rex. I do feel there should be some kind of reward for the breeder tho because that takes time (just a random thought atm)

I fully agree with the lack of community on a server based level, everyone locks up their kibble dino’s and there is less interest in server events(like caving/bosses and just general fun stuff). On legacy  we had a giant shared kibble dino storage where everyone contributed Some dino’s to, Which worked great. We also used to have events from time to time where we would do stuff like terrorbird racing, running from one side of the map to the other on foot without any items etc, people are just to focussed on their own game(Which is completely fine, as long as they dont grief/disturb other players). Pillaring also is a bigger issue than on legacy(atleast on the servers I play on), on my center server we had a big issue with 2 Chinese tribes Trying to Bully everyone away by placing foundations around their bases and blocking obelisks.

for my rex project Im Mainly Trying to get a good melee And hp mutation line(staying under 20/20 on male as long as possible to get mutations in the correct stat faster) and only mixing in the other stats when I/we are satisfied with the hp/melee

18 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

for my rex project Im Mainly Trying to get a good melee And hp mutation line(staying under 20/20 on male as long as possible to get mutations in the correct stat faster) and only mixing in the other stats when I/we are satisfied with the hp/melee

@Oli4 Thats what Im doing, its not the fastest way to get up stats but I have now my own rex line from females with 11660 hp + 1010 weight (just for more easy baby stage) + 414 melee.. and now I have 12540 hp 2/20, 437 melee 2/20.

42 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

@ZeroSeconds that was my idea when I decided to get together group of friends from legacy, to do breeds together, split work, share stats. I was in 3 person tribe on legacy, we are 15 now. For example: I do ankys for us, if other server tame good anky goes straight to me to work with it and I give them final product/farming ankys whenever they need. Ragnarok team breeded me all my lightning wyverns I use now for manticore. Island team have gigas in charge, etc.. each team of us have 1-2 people that like to tame and one that knows stuff about breeding.. so we split our "tasks".. I wanted to get more people together but at that moment I didnt know much breeders that well to accept them in our family 

thanks for the mention. as a side note, hopefully my red text is readable on both light and dark forum themes.

Why clean stats? The higher they are with 0 mutations, the better base stats I have to start with on my breeding projects. Less time wasted mutating lower stats.

for example I started my bears with 43 pts melee and got 1 mutation making it 45 pts. I then found someone selling 47 pts melee clean. So I traded for it and killed the lower ones. No point continuing a bloodline with lesser stats.

When I breed, I kill 90% of what is born/hatched because I look to improve my stats only. Cap problems don't allow me the luxury of having rainbow colors in all of my dinos like back on legacy. I have since vowed to only push stats with the exception of a select few colors I like: Mainly Blues and Cyan. That and mixed colors look horrible on the new bears now so that killed it for me....

As for joint breeding projects, its a great concept but harder to accomplish in practice. People have trust issues and want to protect their time and hard work. 
Usually I share the breeding load with my tribe mates and that has worked well so far.
I currently have shared stats with another Theri breeder. Tame cap has ruined those plans to push and find higher stats to our lines, so we look to the market as there is bound to be another breeder in the world with better luck.

Tame cap solution? 2 Words: Kibble Rework

I'll summarize what I said in another post as kibble is a huge contributing factor to the cap issues plaguing a majority of current servers.

We shouldn't have to rely on AFK dinos being protected in MASSIVE bases (which also effects server performance btw) to lay eggs to make kibble to imprint and tame other dinos further incresing every single tribe's dino count. its a vicious circle.

How can the kibble taming/imprinting system be improved/changed to reduce the dependancy on having AFK dinos and ridiculously large oversized bases?

For taming: Use Honey or Mutton (renewable and expendable) for top effectiveness and leave the lesser raw meat and berries for the lower end.

Imprinting Option 1: Mutton and Honey could be worked into Imprinting additional to walking, cuddles, milk and venom (depending on map) it doesnt make sense for a baby anky to want to eat Anky kibble

Imprinting Option 2: Change the imprinting kibble to tribute items instead (MAKE THEM TRANSFERABLE). It makes you go out and hunt wild dinos solo or as a group across multiple servers = MORE FUN than sitting in your base in a chair waiting for eggs to drop to make kibble. Why transferable? Simple answer: some servers have certain spawn points blocked and this limits the amount of each item that can be farmed properly forcing people to trade on the forums and interact with other players on diff servers. (Spino Sails are a perfect example)

What tribute items used for imprinting would look like instead of kibble:

"Your baby Bear wants to play with a Thyla Claw"
"Your baby Spino wants to eat a giga Heart"

These changes will have a positive effect by less dependance on kibble, instanly wiping half of every server's tamed dino population. Thus leaving more room for breeders and New players alike.

It also gets people out of the safety of their bases on pvp and pve and make the imprinting system a little more active rather than passive. More motivation to do caves and explore new areas.

Another serious issue is storage "parking lots" or dumping dinos on servers by the tribes/individuals who sell dinos for real money.
We all know they exist and I have recently had 1 tribe move their merchandise onto my center server. They have since been caught, wiped and a huge thank you to the GM who investigated and took action.
The dino black market is very real and many people buy and sell their dinos privately for real finacial gain. WC needs to continue to be vigilant and enforce their terms of service against these kinds of players.

21 minutes ago, Demerus said:

thanks for the mention. as a side note, hopefully my red text is readable on both light and dark forum themes.

Why clean stats? The higher they are with 0 mutations, the better base stats I have to start with on my breeding projects. Less time wasted mutating lower stats.

for example I started my bears with 43 pts melee and got 1 mutation making it 45 pts. I then found someone selling 47 pts melee clean. So I traded for it and killed the lower ones. No point continuing a bloodline with lesser stats.

When I breed, I kill 90% of what is born/hatched because I look to improve my stats only. Cap problems don't allow me the luxury of having rainbow colors in all of my dinos like back on legacy. I have since vowed to only push stats with the exception of a select few colors I like: Mainly Blues and Cyan. That and mixed colors look horrible on the new bears now so that killed it for me....

As for joint breeding projects, its a great concept but harder to accomplish in practice. People have trust issues and want to protect their time and hard work. 
Usually I share the breeding load with my tribe mates and that has worked well so far.
I currently have shared stats with another Theri breeder. Tame cap has ruined those plans to push and find higher stats to our lines, so we look to the market as there is bound to be another breeder in the world with better luck.

Tame cap solution? 2 Words: Kibble Rework

I'll summarize what I said in another post as kibble is a huge contributing factor to the cap issues plaguing a majority of current servers.

We shouldn't have to rely on AFK dinos being protected in MASSIVE bases (which also effects server performance btw) to lay eggs to make kibble to imprint and tame other dinos further incresing every single tribe's dino count. its a vicious circle.

How can the kibble taming/imprinting system be improved/changed to reduce the dependancy on having AFK dinos and ridiculously large oversized bases?

For taming: Use Honey or Mutton (renewable and expendable) for top effectiveness and leave the lesser raw meat and berries for the lower end.

Imprinting Option 1: Mutton and Honey could be worked into Imprinting additional to walking, cuddles, milk and venom (depending on map) it doesnt make sense for a baby anky to want to eat Anky kibble

Imprinting Option 2: Change the imprinting kibble to tribute items instead (MAKE THEM TRANSFERABLE). It makes you go out and hunt wild dinos solo or as a group across multiple servers = MORE FUN than sitting in your base in a chair waiting for eggs to drop to make kibble. Why transferable? Simple answer: some servers have certain spawn points blocked and this limits the amount of each item that can be farmed properly forcing people to trade on the forums and interact with other players on diff servers. (Spino Sails are a perfect example)

What tribute items used for imprinting would look like instead of kibble:

"Your baby Bear wants to play with a Thyla Claw"
"Your baby Spino wants to eat a giga Heart"

These changes will have a positive effect by less dependance on kibble, instanly wiping half of every server's tamed dino population. Thus leaving more room for breeders and New players alike.

It also gets people out of the safety of their bases on pvp and pve and make the imprinting system a little more active rather than passive. More motivation to do caves and explore new areas.

Another serious issue is storage "parking lots" or dumping dinos on servers by the tribes/individuals who sell dinos for real money.
We all know they exist and I have recently had 1 tribe move their merchandise onto my center server. They have since been caught, wiped and a huge thank you to the GM who investigated and took action.
The dino black market is very real and many people buy and sell their dinos privately for real finacial gain. WC needs to continue to be vigilant and enforce their terms of service against these kinds of players.

While the Kibble changes suggested here seem like a fix, up front. Once you think past the initial culling of eggers, the problem still exists. The tame cap will be hit again regardless of any changes to Kibble or any other changes made. It's a plain fact that anyone who raises/tames dinos, enjoys them, period. Even if breeding were not a system in the game, everyone would have as many tamed dinos possible/allowed if they can achieve it.

Any effort on WC's part to changing Kibble will be a disaster. Not due to whatever WC decides to implement or how they implement it. It will be a disaster because of the items I listed above and even more that I am not discussing, AND just the overall negative tone that the forums have in general towards this game and WC for the last year.

Absolute disaster, I hope WC spends their time and resources on other items in the game and NOT Kibble.

Thanks for considering me as one of the main breeders! 

As for tame cap there is no easy answer. Sadly many servers are being used as parking lots for peoples creatures. Adding a cloud system where you can upload creatures indefinitely would go a long way in helping the tame cap issue but this is WC so I wouldn't hold my breath on it being a safe system to use. Especially with the frequent rollbacks and server crashes. The max cap a server can hold is 5k dinos. When you think about it that's only 10 fully capped tribes per server. That isn't a lot, especially when you have large tribes splitting into smaller tribes to get their own tribe cap under 500. Perhaps an upgrade in server hardware to allow for more creatures to be on the ark at once but we'd hit the same issue again. 

The breeding system as it currently stands is heavily flawed, having to keep dozens of individual creatures to farm for mutations. For me personally, I try to keep my colors and my stat lines as unrelated as possible. Only breeding my colored dinos until I achieve an identical counterpart. The stat line dinos it's a bit different. With short raise dinos the turn around time for combining stats is very short, and within a day you are able to hatch a new potential prime specimen and get your stats combined. With long raises such as Giganotosaurus, squids, and of course yutyrannus the only way to reliably get combined stats or at least a higher chance is having as many females as possible and mating them to a variety of males with identical stats until you manage to get a new male with the new combined stats. It's a difficult and tedious process. That being said, the problem therein lies in people not culling off their old breeders. I generally cull of my old breeders as soon as their replacements are available. A new mutation usually gets put to the side until it can be replaced with a superior breed and so on so forth. 

But i'm rambling at this point, 

tldr: the kibble system while part of the problem is not the entire problem. Simply increasing egg drop rates would make it far less necessary to maintain so many kibble dinos. Adding a variety of kibble alternatives was a step in the right direction as far as taming went. A breeding system overhaul is needed. We've gotten step 1 of this: change imprint timers. We need a higher percentage chance of the preferred stat being passed down to the offspring or mutations must become more common. A cloud system ie: Pokemon Bank would be lovely (personally I'd pay to store my dinos.) but only if it isn't WC directly responsible for maintaining it. 

Going to place my input here.

As for the clean stats.  It is simple,  there's no way for me to know what mutation it is,  and it takes tons of breeding to pass it on,  based on the seller's word.

The issue you propose is not the tool,  it's the method.

The mutation system needs a rework.  I think that Mutations need an increase in probability and that there has to be a deterrent from having tons of females on a rack.

Personally.  I think the solution would be to increase mutation chance,  increase Mating timers,  add a Mating timer to Males after Mating,  and put a limit on Species' Mating Production Weekly.  

A Reset System similar to MMOs with Raiding would benefit ARK tremendously for breeding.

@Demerus We spoke about this below,  maybe you'd like to weigh in.

------------------------------- Egg Farm Input ------------------------------------------------------

The current Kibble System is ingenious.  Wildcard put a lot of thought into the kibble system and it works well.  

However,  the servers can not handle it and the tame cap is affected horribly by it.

There is a solution that keeps the content of the Kibble System and solves lag issues.  

The funnier part about it is that the functionality is pretty much there already to solve it.

Most of us wouldn't have had the thrill of dying in the swamp taming Dimetrodons or doing any of the thrilling tames that are involved with the egg farms.

So without further adieu,  let me propose a solution and tag some of WC and the new Mod Community Manager.

@ZenRowe @Jatheish @Jen @Jeremy Stieglitz 

--------------------------- Proposed Egg Farm Solution -----------------------------------------

Idea:

Implement a Egg Farm Storage Vault.

One Per Tribe Per Server

Limit it to a Set Number of Slots.

Add a way to put food into it.

Decay Timer 8 Days as Usual for Dinos

If the Vault is Refreshed,  so are the Dinos.

Remove these dinos from tame cap/tribe cap.  (Just as obelisk storage does already)

Benefits:

No more lag from mass egg farm structures.

Removes probably a thousand or more dinos from every server's tame cap.

Improves performance of servers as they don't have to render any part of the dinos and just have to accept information from a separate server. (I'm assuming Obelisk Storage is a separate server)

Quality of Life;  Feeding is a simpler task for Tribes,  those who have jobs,  families,  less time to play,  would appreciate this change.

Facts:

Obelisk Storage is a temporary thing currently for moving items and dinos between servers.

Spoil Timers still apply to items in Obelisk Storage.

Food Drain still applies to dinos in Obelisk Storage.

Last but not least,  Wildcard needs some kind of Microtransactions or Sub benefits.  They deserve it and that would help them drastically.

8 minutes ago, Sideswipe said:

We need a higher percentage chance of the preferred stat being passed down to the offspring or mutations must become more common. A cloud system ie: Pokemon Bank would be lovely (personally I'd pay to store my dinos.) but only if it isn't WC directly responsible for maintaining i

I kinda disagree with this one tho. Pretty much everyone here knows the pain of breeding but also the joy of it. If it was easier I don't think I'd enjoy it as much. and that all the market prices would plummet ofcourse (in a bad way). 

maybe @Jatheish wants to weigh in his perspective? 

As for the kibble rework, from all I know they are working on it for the past 6 months (?) or so. I remember @Jen posting something about it that they were working (or thinking) towards a new kibble system. I'd love to see jat and jen actually discuss this with the people using it the most for idea's / thoughts and problem solutions. 

5 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

I kinda disagree with this one tho. Pretty much everyone here knows the pain of breeding but also the joy of it. If it was easier I don't think I'd enjoy it as much. and that all the market prices would plummet ofcourse (in a bad way). 

maybe @Jatheish wants to weigh in his perspective? 

As for the kibble rework, from all I know they are working on it for the past 6 months (?) or so. I remember @Jen posting something about it that they were working (or thinking) towards a new kibble system. I'd love to see jat and jen actually discuss this with the people using it the most for idea's / thoughts and problem solutions. 

aye, part of the fun of the breeding is the work you put into the creatures to raise them and combining their stats into 1 super creature. On a creature that takes forever to raise? It necessitates a large number of females to ensure that the stat passes on.

also forgot to answer your question:

Breeders and buyers want clean stat lines because clean stat lines promote further mutations and are beneficial to your own lines. The best example of a clean line has come from @bigfishrob and his baryonxy line. 

21 minutes ago, Fieromyr said:

As for the clean stats.  It is simple,  there's no way for me to know what mutation it is,  and it takes tons of breeding to pass it on,  based on the seller's word.

The mutation system needs a rework.  I think that Mutations need an increase in probability and that there has to be a deterrent from having tons of females on a rack.

Personally.  I think the solution would be to increase mutation chance,  increase Mating timers,  add a Mating timer to Males after Mating,  and put a limit on Species' Mating Production Weekly.  

A Reset System similar to MMOs with Raiding would benefit ARK tremendously for breeding.

------------------------------- Egg Farm Input ------------------------------------------------------

The current Kibble System is ingenious.  Wildcard put a lot of thought into the kibble system and it works well.  

However,  the servers can not handle it and the tame cap is affected horribly by it.

There is a solution that keeps the content of the Kibble System and solves lag issues.  

The funnier part about it is that the functionality is pretty much there already to solve it.

Most of us wouldn't have had the thrill of dying in the swamp taming Dimetrodons or doing any of the thrilling tames that are involved with the egg farms.

So without further adieu,  let me propose a solution and tag some of WC and the new Mod Community Manager.

--------------------------- Proposed Egg Farm Solution -----------------------------------------

Idea:

One Per Tribe Per Server

Remove these dinos from tame cap/tribe cap.  (Just as obelisk storage does already)

Benefits:

Improves performance of servers as they don't have to render any part of the dinos and just have to accept information from a separate server. (I'm assuming Obelisk Storage is a separate server)

Quality of Life;  Feeding is a simpler task for Tribes,  those who have jobs,  families,  less time to play,  would appreciate this change.

Facts:

Obelisk Storage is a temporary thing currently for moving items and dinos between servers.

Last but not least,  Wildcard needs some kind of Microtransactions or Sub benefits.  They deserve it and that would help them drastically.

I'm all for getting rid of eggers, one less chore to pickup, manage and feed.

The biggest aspect is the wasted space in people's bases dedicated to ramps and shelves for holding egger dinos. Some of these egg farms are massive and shouldn't be necessary.

Some have suggested to make a TEK DNA terminal. Make it easy to obtain and NOT powered by element like the Transmitter to allow everyone to use it.

You upload a dino and they are digitized with their stats. Managing the mating progress would be handled similar to making taming groups. You select your male in group 1. Mate male in group 1 with females in group 2, and so on. Mammals would be 3D printed to simulate the Pregnancy Stage. When they are 3D printed they are "born" and become a movable dino.

For eggs, 3D print the Egg and incubate it simultaniously. When it is done the egg Hatches.

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, Fieromyr said:

Idea:

One Per Tribe Per Server

Benefits:

Facts:

I think it's an interesting Idea and might be possible for a mod to be made for it. I can certainly put the idea in front of the modders to see if any of them would want to pick up the challenge.

That would really only help the unofficial servers though, and I am assuming this discussion was aimed more at the official servers right?

3 minutes ago, ZenRowe said:

That would really only help the unofficial servers though, and I am assuming this discussion was aimed more at the official servers right?

Yeah. Best case scenario would be if there would come a good mod for it which could be incorperated in the main game

Edit: @ZenRowe Thank you for replying, appreciate it a lot :)

6 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Yeah. Best case scenario would be if there would come a good mod for it which could be incorperated in the main game

7 minutes ago, ZenRowe said:

I think it's an interesting Idea and might be possible for a mod to be made for it. I can certainly put the idea in front of the modders to see if any of them would want to pick up the challenge.

It's not unheard of for Mods to become official.  It has happened in the past.  A solution of the sort for breeding/egg farms could bring back tons of players who quit over the tame cap.

Archived