maze runner map idea

Asleepdude

hey guys I have an idea for a new map based on maze runner, I want to know how hard is the dev kit to use? also if u guys have a hint s or tips or ideas for it let me know. 

The basic idea i want to do is a map that changes every night and locks the door to the safe zone then so your either locked in or out. the spawns will also get progressivey harder the further you go. with a boss or 2 at the end. there will be herbies in the starting area as well as some basic mats for building and also maybe some jumping puzzles mixed into the maze.

Obviously flyers will have to be disabled or possibly have a low max fly height as it will ruin the map and I'm thinking of using the dinos that sleep during the day as a kind of extra threat at night.

if it goes well I'm thinking of doing a PvP version too where the tribes start on oppersite sides of a dangerous maze and have to fight their way through before getting to each other to make raiding more of a challenge that you have to plan for. 

What do you guys think? want to make sure people are interested before I start as it's gunna be a massive undertaking and I don't want to waste me time on something no one wants I do have other ideas I might use if this doesn't get much traction.

• Wildcard Community

I think that sounds like a great concept to start working with. I haven't personally seen much in regards to maps that have a dynamic functionality of that sort. And it could be a lot of fun for PvP as well.

Having portions of the map block off in rotating interval is most certainly doable. And as long as you aren't trying to make entire sections of the map move I don't think you will have too much trouble. You could have the world bounds sit right at the top of the maze height to limit flyers.

The DevKit can take a bit of time to get the hang of but there is a great modding community and starting tutorials on the Ark Dev Kit forums (UE4 subforum). And there is a community managed discord as well. :)

Archived