fanfiction Marcus Notes [Collection]

GenTech1000

I have posted these before, but for convenience reasons, I will now be posting the all past and future Marcus Notes sections on this single thread. I hope this helps those who found difficulty keeping up with all of the separate threads. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story of Marcus Torgana!

Marcus Torgana, who comes from the same time as Diana, is a scientist of the Terran Federation. He is now head of the survivor’s research division.

I thought I had seen everything, from dinosaurs to invisible barriers, but I could never had imagined this.

The barrier falling caused solar radiation to leak into the space station that is our island, turning the surface into a mass of fire and destruction.

On the positive side, I and the rest of the survivors made it into a cave system, protecting us from the hell above. I am starting to question why we are truly here. 

I must admit, we’ve done better than I thought we would. We established a new home base and even have some Hyper Chambers. 
However, what’s more incredible is the ecosystem down in these caverns. Creatures beyond my wildest dreams exist here, as well as creatures from my worst nightmares. 
What I am disappointed about, is we cannot fly down here. Something with the caves air is preventing our jetpacks from running. However, we may not be able to fly, but we can glide. 
Using pictures of the old avians of the surface, my team and I were able to develop a glider suit. And hopefully, as the technology advances, we can create a form of flying transportation. 
On a side note, it truly perplexed me how these creatures came to be. The don’t resemble a single animal from Earth, yet they are here. I wonder what caused their creation...

That traitorous Santiago! To think I was his friend! I should bust into his dwelling, and strangle him with my own hands. 
How dare he steal MY idea and say it is his own? And those URE buffoons in their shiny armor gawking and gaping at him spreading LIES!
They wouldn’t  believe me if I said it was my idea, the snake made it impossible for me to do so. Oh, I miss you, copyright. 
No matter, I can get back at him later. But for now I need to focus on the “Gateway Project” as they call it. I think the name “The Exodus Program” is still better.

The “Gateway Project”, just saying the name brings a fowl taste to my mouth. However, we have come along greatly with Santiago’s, A.K.A. my work. 
The shear size of it is a sight to behold. The first ring has been constructed and the others are on the way. 
There is one problem, the energy required for the entire thing to function is immense and we currently do not have a clue of where to get it. 
However, the obelisks are connected straight to the Ark’s power source. That seems to be the best course of action. 
I am sending out a research team tomorrow to the surface to take a look at the obelisks. Hopefully, all will go well. I wish them the best of luck. 

This Mei-Yin is quite the interesting person. Not only has she been surviving on her own, but she comes from Ancient China AND can control the feathered beasts from below. 
After finding a burnt out piece of armor on the surface a search party was sent out into the caverns to find our guest. At first, she fled from us, however we were able to calm her with Diana removing her helmet. From there we took her to base. Maybe she’s smarter than most of those URE idiots leading us. 
She is a very stoic woman, and a stubborn one too. Instead of asking for help when using our tools, she sits there, staring, trying to figure it out. That Diana seems to have noticed. 
From now on I will not call the “ Gateway Project” by its name, rather, I will call it “Exodus”. Speaking of stolen things, I found a way to get back at Santiago and reclaim MY creation. However, it will take time. 

This Mei-Yin seems to be adapting to our society quite well, minus a few differences, and seems to be liking it here. I was finally able to examine her creature and figured out how to make a saddle that can connect to its cloaking organs to conceal the rider. I have also made drafts for a Tek saddle for it. 
On another note, the preparations are made. The plan is,  since we need hypercharged element, to created a false signal to fool Santiago into sending a team into the deepest darkest parts of these caves. They get killed by the monsters from below, he is investigated into and “discovered” to be the cause of the incident based on planted evidence, and I can have my revenge at last. He will rue the day he ever messed with me!

Damn that Mei-Yin, ruining my perfectly constructed plan. I almost had my retribution!

I’ll have to add her to the list of people that I need to kill. However, she may have actually given me hope in the matter. 
After rescuing Diana and some other man, something beautiful occurred, the miracle of life. 

Turns out that those monsters from reproduce by impregnating a host via a proboscis-like organ at the end of the female’s tail. The female then injects an egg into the hosts body and flees the scene. The baby then develops like some wasps in a caterpillar, you know, like the usual parasite. However, the birth is the best part. 

The baby then bursts out on the hosts chest and then attacks everything and all things due to a lack of a sense of smell and sight. However, if it cannot see or smell, how does it recognize its mother?

I tracked down one of the females creatures and killed it for dissection. However, to my surprise its body vanished in an acidic cloud of its blood. But to my surprise, I seemed to have receive a some sort of pheromone gland. It seemed edible, but when I consumed it, I gained a horrid odor that lasted for what seemed like hours.  Blegh, So that’s how hell’s armpit smells. Luckily, we have power washers to remove such odors. But that must be how they know who their mother is, by sensing the pheromones. 

This is how we can tame them. This is how I can kill Santiago! I could either:
A- Get him impregnated and let the baby do its work. 
or
B- Impregnate myself and raise the baby as a weapon of revenge. 

I’m leaning towards the latter due to the fame it comes with. I can already see it, ”Marcus Torgana, Tamer of Monsters”. I like the sound of that. Well, off to get more glands, it’s showtime!

I cannot believe that they fell for it! Those URE imbeciles are more gullible than I thought!

I was given permission to go down into the depths to study the “ environment” and learn as much as I can. However, the “environment” I was looking for was far deeper than the team wanted to go, so I had to bribe a them to come with me. 

Once down there, I gathered samples of various plant life and other things to not make them suspicious, and I slowly went deeper and deeper towards the creatures’ lair. They attacked us on sight. The colossal forms emerged from the earth, bits of rock and debris falling throw the gaps in their spines. It was a massacre... A BEAUTIFUL MASSACRE!!

Luckily, I was able to get samples of the dirt where it tunneled from, the poisonous spines they shoot from their tails, and a piece of its exoskeleton. We escaped, however, afterwards only eighteen out of twenty-five remain.

We returned to base immediately, and as soon as word reached the ears of our “leaders” about how I “ran from the fight” and “ cowardly abandoned my team”, I was called to speak with them. 

They chastised me for about an hour until they finally allowed me to speak. I told them that ...”it was out of nowhere. All of a sudden the creatures came from the earth and tore through my men. Knowing the importance of the knowledge in front of me, I ran and gathered samples from the creatures to gain as much knowledge about them to aid us in the future...” and after about thirty minutes of my persuasion, they soaked it up like a sponge and agreed with my view. 

I feel bad for the ones that died during this trip, nevertheless, they are merely pawns in my grand plan. And soon, I will have Santiago’s head crunching in the jaws of my pet, and I can reclaim my creation and lead these people from this Ark!

More visitors, more fresh meat for the creature that is this Ark. A few days ago, Mei-Yin came up from the caverns with two newcomers, both of which she knew from her previous Ark.

The first is Helena Walker. She apparently is a biologist from the year 2008. I must admit, she is quite the looker. Her time in the desert and the jungles of the Island have given her a lean and strong figure. She will a great asset for studying the monsters from below and the other creatures in this strange place.

The second is Edmund Rockwell. He is said to be from 19th century London. He is an inquisitive old man, asking about everything from the Ark we live in to our most basic discoveries. However, I see something else in that man.  

I have grown to know when one is lying, it’s as if I can smell it. And Rockwell, he reeks of untruth. I’ll have to watch over him. And what better way to do so than in our labs.

After a few days of request, I gave him permission to continue his studies of element, or as he calls it “Edmundium” in our laboratories.

The fool, I tried to tell him it’s proper name and that I pretty much invented it all those years ago but he is too ignorant to listen. Very well, Sir Rockwell. If you do not want any aid then I shall offer none. At least he provides an extra set of hands in the lab... and he may be good food for my monster.  

To my surprise, Rockwell was able to succeed without any aid, albeit in an untimely manner. However, he will not share his research.

However, he has opened a gateway into a new science, the science of charge. From what I’ve read from his journals, he has discovered an entire ecosystem based around charge.   It also seems that he has harnessed the energy from the “charge nodes” and the giant fireflies and can create electricity with it. Using such technology, he has created a battery and a lantern. I must admit, he has done me a great service.  He has created a weapon I can use against the creatures from below.  

I also took Rockwell to see the Exodus and, not to my surprise, he was not impressed. According to him, we are merely “aping” the transporter technology of this ark. The nerve of that man. What else does he think we can do? Make our own transporter system?

Alright Marcus, calm down. He is only a pawn in your grand scheme. Anyway, Helena has provided me with great insight on the wildlife from below.

By combining our experiences, we have started to create a sort of “database” of all of this Ark’s wildlife. We have started to name a few, such as Microluminis Globulus (the bulbdog), Microluminis cerynitis (the shinehorn which Miss Walker had a splendid time “cuddling” our information), and finally the Reaper. A fitting name for such a creature. Just it giving life causes death. However, Helena and I are still working on a scientific name for it.  

In the meantime, I need to watch more carefully over Rockwell. He starts murmuring around the element, which makes me fear the worst. He may be more of a threat then we think. 

• 3 weeks later...

After looking through Rockwell’s older journals, it all makes sense. The exposure to element for has caused him to get some form of element sickness. His elderly brain must not have developed a resistance to element’s unique radiation like everyone else here and has caused him to lose a fraction of his sanity over the time he has been on the Arks.

What worries me more is that he’s going down to the element river to obtain raw, liquid element. This makes me think of the worst, however, it gives me another opportunity to go down into that region. I have the glands, all I need to do is get impregnated. This is going to be a hell of a ride. 

Error://File Components Missing// : -Displaying All Located Components-

Pulchras morte, that’s what we can call them. Beautiful death, the perfect scientific name for the Reaper.  We have ventured far into these caverns, so far that it surprises me that not even a single Reaper has come for us. Nevertheless, a hunter must be patient to catch its prey.  

://file section missing//

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! Home sweet home! I can finally nurture my devil-child to maturity.  We were trailed by Nameless the entire way back up to base, a few Reaper Kings even came for us, but we made it.  Rockwell obtained his raw element as well, which should placate his curiosity for a while.

The baby feels odd inside me, as if a growing rock was placed in my chest. Now, the baby seems to have grown to the size of my fist, but not only that, I can feel it moving inside me. It squirms and kicks and scratches at my insides, yet I’m not damaged. My guess is that it has a tough membrane around as it grows which protects the host and the baby. Once it’s ready to be born, it then claws out of the hosts body and eats whatever it can. I feel sorry now for the man who died to get me the information on Reaper reproduction.  

Until the baby is fully grown, I’ll need to stay in the safe house inside the lab. I’ll tell the “leaders” that it’s for one of my experiments and show them my masterpiece in the end. I’ll ride in and force Santiago to tell the truth, then once the leaders have learned of Santiago’s deceit, I’ll either have them imprison him, kill him, or whatever else they choose. I bet I can persuade them with my new pet.

In the meantime, I’ll be preoccupying myself with several experiments, preparing for the baby’s arrival, or whatever else I can do to pass the time. I have about eight hours left before my new pet is born. 

• 3 weeks later...

Error://File Not Complete// :

-Displaying Latest Version-  

It’s coming. Soon, I can feel it getting more and more restless in my chest. It’s trying to escape. It’s trying to get out! The pain is so immense, like a fire with every scratch and scrape it makes with its claws. It wants freedom. Soon, my child, soon. Soon I can welcome you into-  

://file not completed//: 

Welcome into the world my child. You have made it. Soon you shall fulfill your purpose. Soon, you shall have your chance at fulfilling my vengeance.  

You will be the tool for Santiago’s demise. The clay that which I will shape the “leaders’” view of him.  

But for now, sleep my child. Feed on this meat and grow into the powerful beast you can truly become! For in mere days, you will be strong enough to overpower every creature and human on this Ark! 

• 2 weeks later...

The plan is simple. Wait for my reaper to grow to maturity and reveal my beast once the time comes. However, there is one problem, their supply of charge lights.  

I’ll just need to simply lock up all of the Glowpets in the warehouse. The lanterns are also stored in there for emergencies, so locking the Glowpets in there shoots two birds with one stone. Then, once they can’t access their charge light sources, I am free to do whatever I wish.  

I am confused about my wording in the previous entry. I usually don’t write in such a manner. It must have been some sort of delirium. Maybe the baby Reaper secretes a type of chemical to numb the senses of the host so they can kill them. Interesting.  

Regardless I cannot tarry any longer. I have a child to raise and not a lot of time to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...

The thundering from above stopped so I emerged from the safe house with my Reaper in tow. Destruction. That’s all that laid before us.  

The lab was in shambles. We decided to get out of the tangled, twisted mess of metal and make our way outside. The destruction didn’t end there.  

Many of the buildings were either crushed, torn, burning, or destroyed beyond recognition. There were a few survivors roaming around, so I had my Reaper burrow underground and follow me based on my pheromones.  

I found a woman with pieces of shrapnel in her chest, I think her name was Naomi. She was a baker. She didn’t deserve this. I asked her what happened and it all clicked.  

Rockwell was messing with element and had injected it into his bloodstream. Once in his system, the element altered his genetic code. He became a monster of his own creation and was driven mad, if not madder due to his element poisoning, and caused this destruction due to his madness. She also said that two people in Tek armor went after him. I knew almost instantly that one of them Helena.  

I immediately dashed out of the destroyed camp, mounted my Reaper, and ran for Rockwell, hoping I was not too late to save Helena and the other survivor... and to end Rockwell’s life.  

• 2 weeks later...

I arrived in the shadows, watching the combat from afar. Helena and the other survivor were blue lines zipping around and Rockwell, who was more disfigured than I had imagined, was a flailing mass of tentacles and element infused rage. He was a true force of nature.  

I almost joined the fight, but I decided to observe the effects on Rockwell’s body. As grotesque as he was, he was a prime example of element induced mutation. The extent of the transformation was incredible. I’ll need to find his journals to find out what exactly he did.  

In the end, Rockwell plummeted into the depths of the caverns via a large whole created by Helena and the other survivor. (Who I’ve discovered was Mei Yin) I’ve also learned the reason Mei Yin hunted Rockwell. Apparently she was “ avenging Diana’s death”. In my opinion Diana had it coming. She always pestered Rockwell.  

I returned to the settlement with my Reaper and realized the great deed Rockwell had done me. Diana was a large “leader” to the rest of the survivors. With her out of the way, I can possibly claim her role as a leader. Of course, I lead all scientific research, but the more power I have, the easier I can reveal Santiago’s treachery.  

Santiago claims that he can have the Exodus finished in two weeks. Good. I can reveal his deceit to everyone once we are about to leave. I want to take my Reaper though. I’ve grown greatly attached to him. I’ll figure something out. I always do. 

I can now bring my Reaper wherever I please. The transporters use the implants in our wrists to track us and put us where we want to go when one of us uses a transporter. So, all I needed to to was put an implant in the Reaper.  

Luckily, after Rockwell’s rampage he left me a surplus of implants for me to use. It was difficult. I would install the implant into  his body yet it wouldn’t function or it would melt into an acidic mound of metal goo. Then I discovered the neural chip.  

The implant works by having a neural chip installed in the brain. That way, all you have to do is will for it to do what you want. So, after painstakingly and painfully removing and installing both an implant and chip into my Reaper, I was able to fool the Ark’s system into recognizing him as a human.  

I’ve also been thinking about Rockwell. Something stirs deep in my mind about “titanic, element mutated creatures”. I’ll have to further investigate. In the meantime, I’m taking a trek to the cloning sector of this Ark. I’ve heard rumors about it and wish to see it for myself. Hell, maybe I’ll learn a thing or two about the Arks’ creators.  

I’ve got to admit, my expectations were more than surpassed. It’s incredible. I had thought that the Arks created their own creatures, but I didn’t expect it was done on such a scale. I couldn’t  even see the bottom of the chamber. There was so much to learn!  

Yet, something stood out to me. There were creatures that never lived on Earth, yet I knew their names and information. Corium rursus, Plana eμmarginali simiae, they all stood out to me. What is going on? How do I know of these creatures?  

I walked further and further along the bridge. It all felt too familiar, as if I’d seen a place like it before. Regardless, I continued walking. Before I knew it I was in the room I was looking for. The human cloning room.  

I dreaded coming to this place. The thought that I might not even be the person who I think I am shakes me. But if so, whose memories are in my skull? Who was this Marcus Torgana? It’s too much for one man to bear. I sat there for a long time.  

My memories are too vivid to be a fabrication. No machine can create pure thought and consciousness from nothing. My thoughts belonged to someone and that someone happens to be who I am. I may have their memories, but I am me and I make my own decisions regardless of whoever I was. I got up from the hard, metal floor.  

Something caught my eye. A glowing blue control panel behind a few rows of specimens. I snaked my way through the towers of people. People who may never leave this Ark. People who may never see their true home. It broke my heart.  

I made it to the control pad and began my work. By using my implant as a storage drive and computer, I broke through the firewalls of the Ark. Slowly making it to the deepest parts of the Ark’s archive. After many shocks up my arm and failed attempts, I got access to the full extent of the Ark’s archive. I looked up my name and there it was. A profile of who I am, not as a survivor on the Arks, but as one of their creators. 

• 2 weeks later...

I designed this, the very station we all live on, along with all of the others? It’s impossible, is it? The picture matches my face, but something doesn’t add up.  

Helena, Rockwell, and everyone else remembers their past lives before the Ark. However, if that’s the default how come I don’t? I searched every mention of my name throughout the Ark’s archive, but I found nothing but the profile.  

Strange how me being one of the Arks’ creators is nowhere to be found in the Ark’s archive of almost all of human history. I then looked up my initials (M. A. T.) and found something very peculiar. A message to me. Its subject was “Who you are”. Without a moment of hesitation, I opened the file.  

All of a sudden, my implant vibrated, shaking my entire arm. I tried to stop it, but my actions had no effect. Suddenly, a shroud of blue holograms surrounded me. Hundreds of files were at my disposal, and in the middle of them all, was a hologram of me.  

The hologram looked like me, however, he looked slightly different. He was bald, with markings all over his body and an implant shaped marking on his forehead. My holographic self was a great insight. For a second, I thought he might have been a copy of my old consciousness, however, I soon found out it was just a mere recording. For about ten minutes, it went on a loop. It said:  

“Hello my future self or whoever finds this file. I congratulate your success on finding this file in the mess of the Ark’s archive. I am Dr. Marcus Torgana of the United Governments of Earth’s Ark Alpha Program. What is the Ark Alpha Program? You can find out through the files enclosed inside this message. If you are my future self, enter the password to continue to the files you truly seek.”  

It took me a while to remember, but I vaguely remembered my password. I entered it and to my surprise, I was correct. The message continued.  

“Correct password. Hello future me. I hoped you would find this. First off, you are probably wondering about your memories. You may find certain things don’t add up or that you remember things that don’t make sense. Well, long story short, your memory has been wiped. You have been placed on this Ark for one reason, punishment. For more information on that, look up ‘Ark_Alpha_A:1 Record/T._Flint/3711‘ in this message.  

However, I highly suggest looking up ‘M._Torgana/profiles/advanced_description.’ There you will find an almost full description of your past and who you are. You may also be wondering why you created the Arks. Look at file ‘Ark_Archive/Element_A_History/texts.’ There you’ll find a history of element and its use by humanity as well as the reasoning for the Arks’ creation. You’ll also find a bit more about yourself within the text.  

Take care my future self. You’ve been through a lot over the centuries. You’ll  have no way of preparing what’s in store. May you have the best of luck on your journey through the Arks and that you make it back home.  

Sincerely,  Marcus Torgana April 19, 3712”  

That night, I rushed back to the settlement, and for the weeks leading up to the Exodus’s completion, I will study each of the files within my past self’s message to me. 

It’s only been three days and I’ve learned so much! In fact, I could say I’m even smarter than before, and that’s a big statement for me. Everyone is here because of me. I BROUGHT THEM HERE. It’s my fault they suffer in this cave.  

No matter, it was necessary. Humanity must survive. I read a paper called Element Induced Insanity by Harold Schmidt. Interesting read. It makes Rockwell’s condition make a lot more sense. However, after reading his paper on element mutation, Rockwell’s transformation makes only a little more sense.  

The introduction of pure, raw element to the human body is usually fatal. My guess is that Rockwell got extremely unlucky and survived. I feel bad for the man. He can’t ever leave the Ark. He may be able to be saved but it’s very unlikely. Shame.  

As for my Reaper, (who I’ve named Titus) he has grown about five feet taller. I think I got lucky on his genetics since he’s almost the size of a queen. Lucky me. He’s been eating a lot more as well. I have to get him approximately half a ton of food a day. He’s taken a liking to Karkinos meat.

Right now, I’m reading a paper about bio-element revival. It’s quite interesting actually. The thought of reviving someone or something centuries or even millions of years old. In fact, it makes me think of... Helena. That must be how she’s on this Ark.  

The element storage chip was created long after her death, so the only way to preserve their consciousness was through that archaic human preservation process back then. However, how come Mei Yin is here too? It must be the bio-element revival process. Who wrote it... Allison Yamamoto! She must be on Ark Alpha A:1. found the way to revive people through her theory. If so, then why not revive all of those who died? It doesn’t make sense.  

Anyway, I have to get back to reading. I have little over a week of free time before the Exodus is complete and I want to read at least a good portion of these files. Gosh, I’m getting chills of excitement! I can’t wait to tell everyone what I’ve found!

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my message to myself. Just a small part of what he said unnerves me.

“Take care my future self. You’ve been through a lot over the centuries. You’ll  have no way of preparing what’s in store. May you have the best of luck on your journey through the Arks and that you make it back home.”  

What did he- I mean I mean? What is in store for me? I need answers but all I’m finding are more questions. Damn! Why do I have to be so cryptic!  

I need answers, and I have a plan. It’s risky, and I’ll need help. I’ll need someone who knows the obelisks and the Ark’s transport system as well as I do. And who’s better at that than Santiago. 

The plan is simple. Me and Santiago will hijack the Arks’ transport grid to take us to Ark Alpha A:1.

There, he will assist me in my search the station for any answers.  In theory, we should find some answers to my message. There are two outcomes to this plan. One, we make it and are fine and two, we either make it or not, but we’re torn an apart.  

I’ll have to find him tomorrow. But first, I need to return to the cloning chamber for a possible bargaining chip. Hopefully, Santiago doesn’t know everything about himself.  

I went back down to the cloning chamber last night. The main hall was filled with noise. In the dark depths of the main chamber’s abyss, the echoing of Rockwell’s screams rang loud and clear throught the chamber. I immediately hastened in order to hopefully escape his wrath in case I was to encounter him.

However, when I got to working on the control panel, I immediately felt a presence probe the deepest corners of my mind. Without any hesitation, I quickly downloaded the Ark’s test subject archive. But before I could disconnect from the control panel, Rockwell’s voice boomed through my mind.  

“Ah, little Torgana,” he said, “Now, why are you messing with things that aren’t yours?”  

I was silent, but then replied.  

“I seek answers, and to obtain them, I must use the Ark’s files.”  

“Answers, answers, answers. That’s all you are, Torgana. Just a man so scared of reality that he must find the answer to everything to feel safe. But, your neural activity has altered over the past few days. You are more confident, structurally complete. Something has changed, hasn’t it?”  

“I have found what I was looking for,” I replied.  

Rockwell laughed. “Yet you still search? What is it you wish to find?”  

“A way to more answers,” I said, “A way to fix what’s wrong and to ultimately, leave this Ark leading my people forward rather than bring them down.”  

“Ha!” Rockwell guffawed, “You haven’t changed a bit. Just a rat trying to find his way up in the world. A filthy vermin that does whatever it takes to get his way. A monster.”  

I shook with rage.  

“All I want is my old life back!” I yelled, “I had a family, a life, a reputation! Do you not realize who you’re talking to?! Without me, you would be still rotting in your grave! I am the reason you had a second chance, and you blew it! You tried playing god and in the end ended up destroying your chances of survival! You are trapped here forever, don’t you understand that?!You ruined your life!”  

Rockwell’s voice became low and commanding.“You,” he said, “Have no right to tell me anything. I became something more -something better- than you will ever be. I am the Ark and it is me. She tells me things, incredible things. You may be the creator of the Arks and the reason I’m alive, but that’s the only reason I don’t destroy every bit of your mind and kill you where you stand. Leave, and you will survive. Stay, you die.”  

As soon as his presence left my mind, I ran for the exit. 

• 2 weeks later...

It turns out, Santiago had been dreaming of seeing his family’s faces for a long time. So, after showing him those and some other things, I was able to successfully bribe him into helping me. As it turns out, I’m not the only one who seeks answers.  

We’re to leave tomorrow. We hope to use the Exodus to get to Ark Alpha A:1 but getting back is the real challenge. Santiago is working on some transportation devices that we can use to instantly teleport back to the Ark for the worst case scenario. It feels weird working with him again. For so long, I have made him a personal enemy, yet we work like old colleagues. I wonder if we did so in the past, back home on Earth.  

As for me, I have been modifying some Tek armor to where we can survive better if, for example we are transported into space. I attached electromagnetic plates to the soles of our boots and made the armor airtight and able to take whatever the universe throws at us. I also expanded the fuel and oxygen capacity. Both suits should be functional by tomorrow. 

I finally visited Rockwell’s grave. Helena had made it as a ceremonial way to honor who he had been on the Island. I stood there for about an hour, contemplating what Rockwell had said to me. He said “he was the Ark and it was him”. Did he unify with the Ark somehow?  Could we save him?

Regardless, even if we’re to save him, his mind seems to be too far gone. The way he talked, the way he felt in my mind, was of utter power. The Ark has completely melded with his mind, and if we were to separate him from it, it would most likely be too much for his mind to bear. By saving him, we would be killing him. He truly is trapped here forever. 

Archived