thanks wildcard, im off

markmanngm

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, brownievec said:

as valid a point you make ? yet still not one person pointing me in the direction of an official statement saying ALL LEGACY WILL BE WIPED  . population losses are inevitable over time even on new as people either move on to other game modes or games or whatever . no ark is forever . I will say one thing though . if your still on legacy from early access then good for you . lets keep it alive . lets show the butt hurt im superior on my lagged out capped no where to build server because I joined new when game launched , guess you didn't go to forum or twitter lol to check to see that ark was , is , and always will be a f-fest. just like the op you all seem to want to blame for his own demise . the question was simple . the logical response , at least the logical part that wc should have played was as soon as they announced migration 2 , then the in game ark news should have been updated .  A MONTH AGO . and the ones that left legacy where the grass isn't any greener lol . who are we all kidding . play new . play legacy . just enjoy and play ark . we all have an opinion . but legacy is staying just like new servers UNTIL there low pop or no one is playing them .

You don’t need an official response because it’s pretty obvious what is happening. This is the 2nd migration for legacy servers getting wiped. How much more of a hint do you need? This will be an ongoing thing until all servers are gone, or else why would they be wiping them at all?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/03/2018 at 1:43 AM, markmanngm said:

i have more than 1000 hours in ark on pc. i log in everyday to maintain my dinos and base since last summer. i could not log in on 7th march due to some server problems on wildcard side. so i logged in today on 8th. and i found out about another great migration which starts tomorow 9th. im logged in everyday and i didnt see any message about it before today. my server is about to be wiped out, offcourse. so i have one day to transfer my 301 dinos, my base, my resources i collected for more than 1000 hours. or should i transfer only my 14 wywerns? or my 25 alpha rexes? and to which server? to which place? how many hours it takes? i have not free day to spend with searching, transfering and building...so i decided to finish my ark adventure and unistall the game for good. just wanted to share this another great wildcard experience with you, guys. signing off

bye you wont be missed

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, brownievec said:

but legacy is staying just like new servers UNTIL there low pop or no one is playing them .

This statement isn’t even true. 

The first wave of wipes took down servers that had 25-30 players on it regularly. 

All legacy servers will be wiped. Most likely this year. I don’t expect any to be left after 2 more waves. 

its really bad to hear that   and  we play legacy server    on my self i feel one day  that server will stop    

cus as i hear from people   they will delet all of them   so   i think its not fair  cus people waste time and still playing there cus they have friends   .... ects   even they move to other legacy server   one day it will be deleted     and  what they can do ??????????

ark  should open transfer to  new servers   so that time  people will not lose there progress    

or

they should stop  deleting (people time) legacy  servers

and its not  solution to delet them    its mistake from them they open alot of servers and now started deleting 

hope this will transfer legacy people feeling  

sry for my bad english and  ur time

Guest DJRone89
46 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

and I thought this thread was about hating on the dev for wiping non native dinos on abb....

bruh they'll be releasing the save file for these servers don't worry just bring it somewhere and play with your dinos on another server

I actually laughed when I heard they wiped non native ab dinos from the map after people brought fert eggs. It’s been their intention from the start that they weren’t going to have it yet people still pushed their luck when they found a loophole after a clear mistake was made, and then have the audacity to complain.

15 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This statement isn’t even true. 

The first wave of wipes took down servers that had 25-30 players on it regularly. 

All legacy servers will be wiped. Most likely this year. I don’t expect any to be left after 2 more waves. 

hello HELLO  . official statement . no . we are officially being told that if there are enough players on a legacy server then NO wipe. and heads up peeps . when extinction comes out . will they drop say , 2 to 4 servers of each region into legacy ? YES .  I just checked new official pve servers and lol. 1 server ZERO  players . 80% approx. half a server . tick tock tick tock guys , I smell no new servers or at least not many  coming your way. and with the so called demise this year of legacy . where do you think they will start to wipe and save money next ? no one realises . WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT . and everyone can say the writings on the wall with no official statement . hell mr steeeeglits stated no wipes at all when in pre release , that's why most people stayed and invested there time only to have been lied to like ark so often does and so the writing could one day be on the wall for you . only with this much time invested in legacy I always said that the day of my wipe is the day I drop ark . its fun been fun , still is fun . one day I wont be playing . that's life. 

I will say in WC's Defence and anyone who knows me knows that this is not something I do often:

They stated BEFORE release that this would happen, rolling clear ups of the legacy servers.

Also unusually for WC- It has been very well publicised on all their usual forums- Twitter, Steam and Here for starters.

The lists as already noted of servers going this round were up over a month ago ( I was looking to see if my old server was going- amazingly it survived this cull also)

Legacy has zero support-Why play there?

Im not sure we will see the creation of a massive amount of new servers (looks back to release day) so I wouldnt expect that.

Trust me, I hated making the decision to move to the new servers on Release- I had just started to get bosses on farm- and I would have to start all over again.

Use the opportunity to make new tribes and alliances with people you were friends with on the legacy servers. You wont take long to get back to being well established.

I look back and am glad in a way I moved- I have a great couple of tribemates (we were just alliance members before) and still have an alliance with old and new friends alike.

On ‎08‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 2:43 AM, markmanngm said:

i have more than 1000 hours in ark on pc. i log in everyday to maintain my dinos and base since last summer. i could not log in on 7th march due to some server problems on wildcard side. so i logged in today on 8th. and i found out about another great migration which starts tomorow 9th. im logged in everyday and i didnt see any message about it before today. my server is about to be wiped out, offcourse. so i have one day to transfer my 301 dinos, my base, my resources i collected for more than 1000 hours. or should i transfer only my 14 wywerns? or my 25 alpha rexes? and to which server? to which place? how many hours it takes? i have not free day to spend with searching, transfering and building...so i decided to finish my ark adventure and unistall the game for good. just wanted to share this another great wildcard experience with you, guys. signing off

We abandoned more than 800 dinos on 2 servers at release, my tribe is now well above that again. Did not regret doing it, when you start over now you can do what it took 3 months to do the first time around in 1-2 weeks as you know all the right steps in the right order. I knew at the moment they said no support it would be a slow death spiral for the legacy servers, so instead of quitting maybe consider doing a delayed restart on the new servers out today. Besides the starting up in Ark is far more fun than the end game.

I have almost 6000 hours in Ark and more than half of that on Legacy.

On 8.3.2018 at 7:38 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

I don’t speak for the company, my opinion is mine and mine alone. 

I do know this conversation about what happened to legacy servers was already had many many months ago.

You represent the company as well from the time as u started to be a mod.

Don't u think there is a minimum part of responsibility and that u can't talk here just as a player?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, shann112 said:

Don't u think there is a minimum part of responsibility and that u can't talk here just as a player?

Not at all. I was told by the very people that made me a mod to continue to post my opinions as a player. They encourage it.

My job here is to simply enforce the Community Forums rules. I don’t create nor enforce policies about gameplay. 

At least when they present their opinions (even when they are wrong) they do it in a professional and adult manner. You stick out a bit after reading this thread. Either they need to hold themselves to a higher standard of representation or you need to grow up a bit and hold YOURSELF to a higher standard of communication. You do look like a representative of the forum and game itself (no matter how incorrect that is). 

Well given that our server 124 wasn't on said deletion list and has disappeared over the last day or 2 posting a list seems pointless if they just remove whatever they see fit! Secondly someone posted asking why anyone would still be playing on legacy servers? That's probably because all 'new' servers have reached the tame cap! So for a game that mostly revolves around taming some one explain the point of joining those servers where you can't do that very thing?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, originalj4y said:

Well given that our server 124 wasn't on said deletion list and has disappeared over the last day or 2 posting a list seems pointless if they just remove whatever they see fit!

Probably down for other reasons, if it was not listed. Fill this form and the server management team will look into that.

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, originalj4y said:

Why is that exactly? To cater to the new guys and to hell with those that got them where they are now!? Because i can tell you this for nothing had none of us existing legacy tribes been there since the beginning are would probably not be where it is and would have disappeared like most EA games

Lol because of all the playerbase plays official, right?

Why would Wildcard pay mod authors $4000 a month to sponsor them if they only expect people to play official?

Archived