thanks wildcard, im off

markmanngm

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I'm not a mathematician but, when they says "we will be repurposing 10% of the lowest count servers", how can you call them liars if you don't know how many represent the "lowest count servers" out of the total? They didn't say "we will be repurposing 10% of all servers", so you have a missing variable in your equation. For example, if there was 100 out of 200 servers that were considered "low population" and that they repurposed 10 servers, they technically repurposed "10% of the lowest count servers", didn't they? And that even if they closed 50% of the total. ?

so the server I was on, which had 30 active constantly and was on the wipe 1 list, was in the lowest average? 

also @Joebl0w13 I never said you did

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

It's going to be inevitable that there are going to be players that have no idea about the migration until bam! when it happens. In some cases this can't be blamed on players for not monitoring the forums or twitter, and people should stop blaming players for not doing so.

Currently there is a notification with a link on the ARK home screen in-game informing people of the Great Migration #2. Now, I must admit I don't know when that appeared as I personally pay no attention, but I suspect it was very recently. In all honesty that is the location that anything big like this should appear at and should have been placed there when the Great Migration #2 was first announced here on the forums.

So I do feel for those that don't like to use internet forums or social media and in many ways they shouldn't have to when it comes to big changes like this. That said, when you commit yourself to such a big game that requires to you to be active daily then it would fall on the player to make the effort to keep themselves informed of changes.

Besides, you still have the option of downloading the backup of the server you are on and hosting it yourself to continue playing. Although you may have moved to an legacy server had you known in plenty of time in advance then it would likely have been a similar scenario for the Great Migration #3 if you continued to not keep yourself informed. One day you will not be able to move across legacy anymore once all legacy are gone (assuming that is the end plan).

no, you can't JUST follow the forums, and that's what's stupid.
You have to follow all their twitter accounts because they post there too, things that don't make it to the forums, then instagram for.. some reason. the steam forums has things these don't.. it's a real mess to keep up with
Arkdevtracker is a solution to this problem

The writing on the wall has been there since release for legacy servers. It’s not rocket surgery. 
It's simple, if you play on a legacy server sooner or later it'll get shut down and everyone will be hearded together on a very small cluster like all the survivors from a shipwreck trying to live together on one of those comic strip deserted islands fighting over the last coconut

7 hours ago, markmanngm said:

i have more than 1000 hours in ark on pc. i log in everyday to maintain my dinos and base since last summer. i could not log in on 7th march due to some server problems on wildcard side. so i logged in today on 8th. and i found out about another great migration which starts tomorow 9th. im logged in everyday and i didnt see any message about it before today. my server is about to be wiped out, offcourse. so i have one day to transfer my 301 dinos, my base, my resources i collected for more than 1000 hours. or should i transfer only my 14 wywerns? or my 25 alpha rexes? and to which server? to which place? how many hours it takes? i have not free day to spend with searching, transfering and building...so i decided to finish my ark adventure and unistall the game for good. just wanted to share this another great wildcard experience with you, guys. signing off

do you play pc or console and do you play pvp or pve? i might help

so the server I was on, which had 30 active constantly and was on the wipe 1 list, was in the lowest average? 

also [mention=133092]Joebl0w13[/mention] I never said you did
As the new servers continue to hit cap and get over crowded, WC will continue to assimilate legacy servers. Legacy servers are like having a winning scratch off lottery ticket on hand that you claim when you're short on cash.

I'm pretty sure the announcement showed up with the last patch, not even 24h ago, which is really unfair.

I read the forums frequently, so I knew it was coming and had enough time to grab stuff and flee.

This might be off-topic, but

I actually had a lot of fun moving our stuff! We finally got rid of some sentimental dinos, that are now safe and sound forever and I can get them back on my own server some time later if I want to. 

We finally built a better base and had no problem finding a huge area that was free. No problem with tame cap either. 

Everyone stating that playing on legacy is wasted time - isn't every second you spend in a video game wasted time anyway? Or is it not wasted as long as you're having fun? (I'm having fun) 

Does it make you feel good telling others, who are already frustrated and sad, "I knew everything, it's your own mistake" (while there's no explanation for new players what legacy even means btw). What do you gain from rubbing salt in their wounds? Can't you just hold back with your comments? If you don't care about legacy, why even bother commenting? Just let the thread die down instead of adding fuel - Not only regarding this topic here.

I know I often write something and then don't post it, because it doesn't help anyone.

Especially some mods could use a little more "Fingerspitzengefühl" (=tact). I know you keep an eye on the forums in your free time, but if you watch a child in your free time you don't kick it if it acts up, do you? (Do you?!) - you keep it professional. You colorful name tag means something here, even if you're just a regular player.

this is quantifiably very lame lazy poor communication at best from wc . TODAY as ive played every day too , has this message been put up for uninformed players who probably play more than most of us .giving them no time to react. being given a big middle finger from a game they stayed loyal to. I knew about it a month ago because I frequent the forums , crunch , twitter etc . BUT . when does anybody have to do this . im not on list so , im happy .  and so to the people who keep beating the whole legacy server player base  with "the inevitable wipe" "your wasting your time"  bash bash bash etc... I would like to know where the link is to the ark announcement that legacy WILL be wiped completely . no servers . and why do people assume we will be huddled together on a few servers fighting for land. I don't get it . WHERE DOES IT STATE LEGACY WILL EVENTUALLY BE WIPED. funny , because why do wc keep adding servers . like rag , abe , and soon ext ? not many agreed but why ? maybe because we too bought the game . we too bought the season pass . we play everyday ? legacy is not dead . totally agree that non pop or very low pop servers should be wiped but repurposed like you all expect because your fighting for land and your servers are caped . lol. where is most duping , pillar spamming , tame cap , character loss , dino loss , high ping , lag time out , error code , roll backs with not much support happening ? your shiny new servers lol .  the op is right and I feel sorry for them. jump to a new server . hell no . when my server is next on list then its time to give ark the middle finger . and if I never get wiped because a lot of us still play on our sever then I will continue to enjoy playing and defying the legacy trashers . after all . its not Rocket SCIENCE.

Guest DJRone89

@brownievec The devs could have called the early access official servers anything else but chose the term legacy because it was the best suited term for its eventual and inevitable demise.

It you frequent the official forums as you said you have, it shouldn’t be a suprise that all legacy servers will eventually be targeted for the kill list.

The devs should have just wiped the servers but chose this option to let those who chose to remain to kill the servers themselves by lettng them lose population over a period of time.

20 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I'm not a mathematician but, when they says "we will be repurposing 10% of the lowest count servers", how can you call them liars if you don't know how many represent the "lowest count servers" out of the total? They didn't say "we will be repurposing 10% of all servers", so you have a missing variable in your equation. For example, if there was 100 out of 200 servers that were considered "low population" and that they repurposed 10 servers, they technically repurposed "10% of the lowest count servers", didn't they? And that even if they closed 50% of the total. ?

That sounds like dodgy contract talk lol

I met a survivor on Scorched Earth few hours before Great Migration 01 deadline.  He got my attention coz he just built a 2x4 thatch house with forge and smithy.  Told him about the server being taken down.  He doesnt know coz he just bought the game and dont have any idea.

Not his fault.  I never check website/twitter/forums of a game I just bought, say TheForest, on the first days of playing a new game.  Especially survival ones, to keep the excitement on.

Servers on the list should have a welcome screen that says "This server will be taken down permanently on....." And should have said message splash twice or thrice per day.  Or there should be a warning on server selection screen.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:43 PM, markmanngm said:

i have more than 1000 hours in ark on pc. i log in everyday to maintain my dinos and base since last summer. i could not log in on 7th march due to some server problems on wildcard side. so i logged in today on 8th. and i found out about another great migration which starts tomorow 9th. im logged in everyday and i didnt see any message about it before today. my server is about to be wiped out, offcourse. so i have one day to transfer my 301 dinos, my base, my resources i collected for more than 1000 hours. or should i transfer only my 14 wywerns? or my 25 alpha rexes? and to which server? to which place? how many hours it takes? i have not free day to spend with searching, transfering and building...so i decided to finish my ark adventure and unistall the game for good. just wanted to share this another great wildcard experience with you, guys. signing off

Uh they been saying this for months dont you ever read the forums...it was announced right after go live....

5 minutes ago, noodaboy said:

I met a survivor on Scorched Earth few hours before Great Migration 01 deadline.  He got my attention coz he just built a 2x4 thatch house with forge and smithy.  Told him about the server being taken down.  He doesnt know coz he just bought the game and dont have any idea.

Not his fault.  I never check website/twitter/forums of a game I just bought, say TheForest, on the first days of playing a new game.  Especially survival ones, to keep the excitement on.

Servers on the list should have a welcome screen that says "This server will be taken down permanently on....." And should have said message splash twice or thrice per day.  Or there should be a warning on server selection screen.

You shouldnt have to check twitter and forums you have an account they could do better with notifying folks by email, but Wildcards customer service or lack there of and communication is lacking its quite pathetic

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Frozenhole said:

Uh they been saying this for months dont you ever read the forums...

2 hours ago, Frozenhole said:

You shouldnt have to check twitter and forums

So which is it? You should or shouldn't have to check the forums for communication from the company running the forums about their own game?

23 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

That's true but it doesn't apply here. If the people in this thread are complaining about wildcard bringing down more than 10% of all servers it doesn't matter if wildcard meant 10% of lowest count servers since the amount they brought down is still more than 10% in either case. Not sure what you meant in that last sentence but 10% of lowest count servers can never be 50% of total.

21 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

@brownievec The devs could have called the early access official servers anything else but chose the term legacy because it was the best suited term for its eventual and inevitable demise.

It you frequent the official forums as you said you have, it shouldn’t be a suprise that all legacy servers will eventually be targeted for the kill list.

The devs should have just wiped the servers but chose this option to let those who chose to remain to kill the servers themselves by lettng them lose population over a period of time.

as valid a point you make ? yet still not one person pointing me in the direction of an official statement saying ALL LEGACY WILL BE WIPED  . population losses are inevitable over time even on new as people either move on to other game modes or games or whatever . no ark is forever . I will say one thing though . if your still on legacy from early access then good for you . lets keep it alive . lets show the butt hurt im superior on my lagged out capped no where to build server because I joined new when game launched , guess you didn't go to forum or twitter lol to check to see that ark was , is , and always will be a f-fest. just like the op you all seem to want to blame for his own demise . the question was simple . the logical response , at least the logical part that wc should have played was as soon as they announced migration 2 , then the in game ark news should have been updated .  A MONTH AGO . and the ones that left legacy where the grass isn't any greener lol . who are we all kidding . play new . play legacy . just enjoy and play ark . we all have an opinion . but legacy is staying just like new servers UNTIL there low pop or no one is playing them .

Archived