poll Favorite Mod Types

ZenRowe

Favorite Mod Types  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite kind of mods to play, or that you wish there more of?

• Arena Combat
    • Economy Mods
    • New Gear (Armors/Weapons/Tools)
    • RP Mods
    • Structure Building Mods
    • User Interface Mods
    • New Creatures
    • New Mechanics
    • Small Maps
    • Large Maps
    • New Decorative Items
    • Quality of Life mods
    • Slice of Life (Cooking/Fishing/Farming)
    • Administrative Mods
    • Rebalance Mods
    • AI Behavior Mods
    • Map Extensions
    • Total Conversion Game Modes

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really would like 2 see the bush people mod for xbox. I really don't like playing online plus it's sometimes hard to get internet. So having the Bush people would make the game more balanced. You really can't control other people in your clan or tribe. So it would be nice to have a tribe other than only online players.

Structure Building mods.

ZenRowe, are you also in charge of mods on all platforms, because if so, when will mods come out on console, I play Xbox One, I would prefer Xbox One dates, but I don't mind PS4 (So I could help the ARK PS4 community, I'm here to help), I want to eventually become part of Studio Wildcard, but I'm too young to help right now.

On 3/7/2018 at 5:38 PM, Ullisius said:

I have an idea of a mod I wished it existed, and I wish it is possible to happen (I've not worked myself with UE/ArkDevKit, to know if possible, nor I can estimate server side implications it will have).

Story: As a PvE user, I hate when I am approaching a big base, and it starts rendering tile-by-tile. I hate when I approach an area with 2 or 3 big bases and only some tiles from 1st base appear, then some from 2nd base, then some others from 1st base again, then a spot on third base etc.

Wish: I wish there was a mod that would be replacing large surfaces, made of walls of the same material, painted the same colour, and still having their full HP, by a single large wall. Those walls shall not be provided as engrams (like S+ big walls). Only be changed "behind the scenes" by their equivalent. Then, most big-box-bases would be their foundations & pillars, like they are today, 3x big walls, 1x big ceiling and a somewhat more complex arrangement for that single side that has the behemoth gate. Almost Instant rendering. Way less network traffic.

Difficulties I am in position to identify, and I hope someone knows how to tackle:

1. Until center of "unified big wall" (a really big wall) comes into visibility range, whole big wall is invisible, and then it suddenly pops. So I believe "unification algorithm" should prefer to merge into columns, rather in rows.
  2. When a dino starts attacking wall, mod needs to undo merging, for damage to be applied on appropriate tiles.
  3. Owner will have to do a radial menu option (e.g. split unified tiles), before being able to demolish a single tile out of them (e.g. for replacing a wall tile with a window frame tile).
  4. Just painting the building will result on server side increase of load.
  5. Textures on big wall versions will either be big, or be ugly.
  6. Mod will be somewhat big too, having several big wall version (1x2, 2x1, 1x3, 3x1, 2x3, 3x2... you get the figure), across different mats (thatch, wood, stone, metal, adobe, greenhouse, tek).
  7. Mod can only be practical on PvE environments, as it increases server side complexity for when explosives are used against a merged wall.

I know it  might be impossible. I know it might be harsh. I know it might only be viable on single player. I know it might not be the quick-win idea you are after. But I hope someone will read this and save us PvE players.

So, category not included is "Network performance improving Mods".

I think a new gear or new creature mod would be really cool!

On 3/7/2018 at 5:38 PM, Ullisius said:

I have an idea of a mod I wished it existed, and I wish it is possible to happen (I've not worked myself with UE/ArkDevKit, to know if possible, nor I can estimate server side implications it will have).

Story: As a PvE user, I hate when I am approaching a big base, and it starts rendering tile-by-tile. I hate when I approach an area with 2 or 3 big bases and only some tiles from 1st base appear, then some from 2nd base, then some others from 1st base again, then a spot on third base etc.

Wish: I wish there was a mod that would be replacing large surfaces, made of walls of the same material, painted the same colour, and still having their full HP, by a single large wall. Those walls shall not be provided as engrams (like S+ big walls). Only be changed "behind the scenes" by their equivalent. Then, most big-box-bases would be their foundations & pillars, like they are today, 3x big walls, 1x big ceiling and a somewhat more complex arrangement for that single side that has the behemoth gate. Almost Instant rendering. Way less network traffic.

Difficulties I am in position to identify, and I hope someone knows how to tackle:

1. Until center of "unified big wall" (a really big wall) comes into visibility range, whole big wall is invisible, and then it suddenly pops. So I believe "unification algorithm" should prefer to merge into columns, rather in rows.
  2. When a dino starts attacking wall, mod needs to undo merging, for damage to be applied on appropriate tiles.
  3. Owner will have to do a radial menu option (e.g. split unified tiles), before being able to demolish a single tile out of them (e.g. for replacing a wall tile with a window frame tile).
  4. Just painting the building will result on server side increase of load.
  5. Textures on big wall versions will either be big, or be ugly.
  6. Mod will be somewhat big too, having several big wall version (1x2, 2x1, 1x3, 3x1, 2x3, 3x2... you get the figure), across different mats (thatch, wood, stone, metal, adobe, greenhouse, tek).
  7. Mod can only be practical on PvE environments, as it increases server side complexity for when explosives are used against a merged wall.

I know it  might be impossible. I know it might be harsh. I know it might only be viable on single player. I know it might not be the quick-win idea you are after. But I hope someone will read this and save us PvE players.

So, category not included is "Network performance improving Mods".

A building mod is a neeeeeed

Which option would Quest mods go under?
The two quests mods I followed in the workshop both died months ago :( I'm not the best at making my own adventure by setting rules I simply don't follow(after starting over for the 10th time), so I'd love to be giving objectives or taken on an adventure. After exploring all the maps the adventure part of exploring is kind of gone for me.

I personally think mods for ark on almost all consoles would be very interesting and cool to have.   I personally think that mods could benefit the game. The ark community is pretty big and people could really make amazing mods and other types of slight or large game changing mods.   There could be a lot in store for everyone when mods are added.   It is something to look forward to in the future of ark se.

Archived