poll Favorite Mod Types

ZenRowe

Favorite Mod Types  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite kind of mods to play, or that you wish there more of?

• Arena Combat
    • Economy Mods
    • New Gear (Armors/Weapons/Tools)
    • RP Mods
    • Structure Building Mods
    • User Interface Mods
    • New Creatures
    • New Mechanics
    • Small Maps
    • Large Maps
    • New Decorative Items
    • Quality of Life mods
    • Slice of Life (Cooking/Fishing/Farming)
    • Administrative Mods
    • Rebalance Mods
    • AI Behavior Mods
    • Map Extensions
    • Total Conversion Game Modes

• Wildcard Community

Hello, Everyone!

I'd like to know what kinds of mods you all like to play. Or what mods you wish you could see more of in the workshop.
If your favorite isn't covered by anything on this list please post it below!

If you are interested in learning how to make ARK Mods, visit the Unreal Engine Forum for ARK: Survival Evolved.
(You will need to create an Epic account if you don't already have one)
You will find information on downloading the ARK DevKit, tutorials, and conversations about modding the game.

(If you aren't able to vote because you still have early bird status, don't worry. Feel free to reply to the thread with your thoughts, I am reading the comments as well :D)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea of a mod I wished it existed, and I wish it is possible to happen (I've not worked myself with UE/ArkDevKit, to know if possible, nor I can estimate server side implications it will have).

Story: As a PvE user, I hate when I am approaching a big base, and it starts rendering tile-by-tile. I hate when I approach an area with 2 or 3 big bases and only some tiles from 1st base appear, then some from 2nd base, then some others from 1st base again, then a spot on third base etc.

Wish: I wish there was a mod that would be replacing large surfaces, made of walls of the same material, painted the same colour, and still having their full HP, by a single large wall. Those walls shall not be provided as engrams (like S+ big walls). Only be changed "behind the scenes" by their equivalent. Then, most big-box-bases would be their foundations & pillars, like they are today, 3x big walls, 1x big ceiling and a somewhat more complex arrangement for that single side that has the behemoth gate. Almost Instant rendering. Way less network traffic.

Difficulties I am in position to identify, and I hope someone knows how to tackle:

1. Until center of "unified big wall" (a really big wall) comes into visibility range, whole big wall is invisible, and then it suddenly pops. So I believe "unification algorithm" should prefer to merge into columns, rather in rows.
  2. When a dino starts attacking wall, mod needs to undo merging, for damage to be applied on appropriate tiles.
  3. Owner will have to do a radial menu option (e.g. split unified tiles), before being able to demolish a single tile out of them (e.g. for replacing a wall tile with a window frame tile).
  4. Just painting the building will result on server side increase of load.
  5. Textures on big wall versions will either be big, or be ugly.
  6. Mod will be somewhat big too, having several big wall version (1x2, 2x1, 1x3, 3x1, 2x3, 3x2... you get the figure), across different mats (thatch, wood, stone, metal, adobe, greenhouse, tek).
  7. Mod can only be practical on PvE environments, as it increases server side complexity for when explosives are used against a merged wall.

I know it  might be impossible. I know it might be harsh. I know it might only be viable on single player. I know it might not be the quick-win idea you are after. But I hope someone will read this and save us PvE players.

So, category not included is "Network performance improving Mods".

• ZenRowe pinned and unpinned this topic

SURVIVAL MODE

Waves of Creatures, Dinos, ENEMIES Destroying your base

along side with Allies or Enemy tribes 4 to 5 man team

Imagine SOTF style but with SUper Aggro base destroyer Dinos

Battle Royale but with constant WAVES attacking your base

you build a base and survive before you get rescued or Raptured out of the Island

a combination of

Survival, Dino Defense, Base Building, Tower Defense, and Battle Royale - this will put SOTF back on Battle Royale status

Please consider this idea Wildcard

This could also be an ESPORT in the future coz it has the kind of action going on for the Spectator to look at

I play on a PVE server and our absolute favorite mods are Structures Plus, all of Eco's mods, Castles Keeps and Forts Architecture, Randi's Christmas mod, and Awesome Teleporters. Awesome Teleporters is a game changer for sure. On our server we love building! We also have Beacon Enhancer, Scuba mask clear, rock element, and ultra stacks. We have been playing ARK since June of 2015. We have had two years of frustration playing on official servers. Now we are all about having fun! :) Here is a little sneek peek of some of our Holiday builds for 2017 using some of these mods. 

I'm interested in playing with mods:
HG Stacking Mod 1000-50
Classic Flyers
Classic Glider
Structures+
Platforms+
Aviary Structures
MRRadTools.INC Content Pack
Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture
Upgrade Station
Appetizer
Dino Tracker
Dino Colourizer
SELMods
Rare Sightings
Vacuum Sorter

What I would like to see in mods:
Creatures:
Velociraptor
Dakotaraptor
Gorgonopsid
Giant Flying Fox
Fox (The Island)
Fennec (Scorhed Earth)
Polar Fox (Ragnarok)

Structures:
Foundation (Brick, concrete, bronze, glassmetal, titanium, carbon)
Walls (Brick, concrete, g
lassmetal, bronze, titanium, carbon)
Roof (Concrete, bronze, g
lassmetal, titanium, carbon, metal tile)
Doors (Concrete, bronze, g
lassmetal, titanium, carbon)
Secret doors (сoncrete, bronze, titanium, carbon)
Reinforced windows and window frames (Brick, concrete, bronze, g
lassmetal, titanium, carbon)
The sorting system using vacuum tubes (Glassmetal, metal, bronze, titanium, carbon)
Connection points for all structures, including cabinets, safes, smelters and other dynamic structures ...
Weapons:
Daggers (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Swords (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Mace (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Sledgehammer (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Sai (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Two-Handed Sword (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Peaks (Bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Katana (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Tati (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Wakizashi (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Tanto (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Tsurugi (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Shinobi-gatan (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Naginata (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Bokken (Wood)
Waffen (Japanese weapons) (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
The Kama (Japanese weapons)  (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Kusarigama (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)
Zhuanbian (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)

Spoiler

Картинки по запросу жуаньбянь

Caestus (Metal, bronze, titanium, steel, carbon)

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm mainly interested in Structure Building Mods and Quality of Life Mods. I'm torn between those two options on the poll. Also decorative items too particularly for PvE gameplay.

If I could Mod I would love to develop a wave based / tower defence survival mode. I know there is Call of the Wild already, but similar to that i'd like to create something that already has buildings and stuff as part of the map itself which you can then improve upon building, i.e. turrets and defences (the tower defence aspect) during the periods between waves. For example, upon killing the dinos, or completion of a wave, you'd receive resources to then use to fix damaged structures, build new ones etc, with no weight limit, and each wave you progress you unlock more advanced engrams. No idea if this is possible @ZenRowe but for someone with no experience in modding i'm hoping to learn stuff in the modding competitions that may help with stuff like this.

• Wildcard Community

It's funny that people keep mentioning a wave survival + tower defense game mode. What originally got me on the kick for ArkFrame was another project I had started called "Last Stand" which was that style of gameplay. Once ArkFrame is feature complete I may go back to working on it.

i like playing with QOL mods such as Super Spyglass or Structures+

as for mods i want to see, i would like to see a mod that adds a barn structure which you can "upload" dinos to, but the barn would produce certain resources based on the things that where uploaded, so uploading female dinos would make it produce eggs for that species, an oviraptor would increase that speed, Snails would produce CP, ect.

and while i'm here, may i ask if there are any changes you plan for the Sponsored mod program? personally, i don't think that mods are integrated frequently enough for how much is being invested in it. i would love it if some of the legacy servers where converted into servers that ran the sponsored mods, they probably wouldn't be clustered, but i would love to see servers running those mods. 

What I’d like to see is more maps. For the poll I chose large maps, but I’ll take ny map regardless of size. I play almost entirely on console, and exploring is my favorite thing to do in ark, and currently there are only 5 (soon to be 6) official maps. So more mod maps=more sponsored mod maps=more official mods! At least that’s how my logic works xD

I want Structures plus. Many youtubers said it would be out late February, early March and still nothing not even any news. I am hoping you can keep us updated and please start by letting us know if you have a release date for structures plus as I have stopped playing on my ark world's until it comes out because I want the new snap points and double doors and what not. Please let me know the status of structures plus. Thank you.

The most interesting
Interesting
Little interesting or not at all interesting

1.Quality of Life mods
2.Structure Building Mods

3.Large Maps
4.New Gear (Armors/Weapons/Tools)
4.New Decorative Items

5.Arena Combat
5.Economy Mods
5.RP Mods
5.New Creatures
5.New Mechanics
5.Slice of Life (Cooking/Fishing/Farming)

6.Small Maps 
6.Rebalance Mods
6.AI Behavior Mods 
7.User Interface Mods
7.Administrative Mods 
7.Map Extensions
7.Total Conversion Game Modes 

Vote
1)15
2)10

3)4
4)3
5)2

6)1
7)0

On 11.03.2018 at 7:02 AM, vaylain said:

I am confused. How are we supposed to vote? I only see "start new topic" or "reply to this topic". There are no obvious features where one can click on to post their vote for this poll.

On 11.03.2018 at 9:23 PM, Baddasse said:

Yeah I am not seeing this as well

It seems like voting has ended. 50 votes was the limit.

123.jpg

Archived