How does electricity vs fuel work?

Migol

So as it stands on our island base, we have one generator powering ~7 refrigerators, 10 ACs, an Elevator, chem bench and one or two other machines.    We can trust it to run for about two weeks if it's full on Gas, maybe 3.

We also however have access to Wind Turbines...and that set me wondering how the whole system works.     Does it take more gas per week for more powered items if we upped say, to 20 AC machines?    Would we need more than one wind turbine to completely replace our gas generator?    Or is one source of electricity enough to power "infinite" items within range and wire connections, with the same fuel consumption (doubt it, but, videogames)?  

on normal settings 1 gas can will last 18 hours in real time. the wind turbines imo suck unless youre in a great location with alomst 100% wind everyday. but wind turbines can be linked together in order to run nonstop. you can even set your generator up to kick on automatically when your turbines kick off. Happy Arking!

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Doubling up generators will help out. Put 2 into your circuit and stack them both up with fuel and set to auto-turn on on power outage, then make sure just one is on. Then you'll have 4-6 weeks, and if one runs out, you can simply fill them both up, and walk out, knowing they will switch over when the other runs out.

However, be careful with this on Scorched, as when the power goes out in a lightning storm, I don't know if both generators will simply start up. (Which is unlikely, as the generator doesn't 'turn off' as such, so the other generator should sit idle when it the storm passes.)

Wind Turbines only work out to 30 electric lines away, while a Generator will work forever. The number of objects you power doesn't matter because there is no current watt system. The power is either on or off.

Oil is easy enough to access that I don't think it's ever worth having a Wind Turbine. I believe I've been on a single oil run on this server in the past month and it's been more than enough. While Wind Turbines have an option to automatically turn on a generator when they fail to power something, they don't then turn the generator back off from what I hear.

1 hour ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Typically a genset will run one month with full fuel on vanilla settings. 

Increasing load will not affect fuel economy. 1 a.c unit or 1000000 a.c. units it will burn the same amount. 

Yeah imagine if putting more on the generator grid did put more load on the fuel usage, only to be lightened by extra generators.

23 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Yeah imagine if putting more on the generator grid did put more load on the fuel usage, only to be lightened by extra generators.

That would be more realistic. Would change the game for sure. Have an actual unit for power eg one genset would provide 50 power. Once you hit 40 of that 50 you go into high duty and it burns double fuel. Lol sounds like no one would like that haha

Archived