Dino 6 TLC2?

Zederia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

As seen in screenshot it is screaming/screeching/roaring.

"vocalization" seems to be the preferred term haha. I posted some questions about the parasaur abilities in the TLC thread. I'll copy them here as well in the event anyone on PC can answer some/all the questions before @Jen and/or @Jatheish are able to. As I am on PS4 I'll have to wait until April.

@Jen @Jatheish Few questions about the Parasaur:

• Is the Parasaur ability only utilized by tamed Parasaur? The clip would lead one to believe that is a wild parasaur and it is causing a wild raptor to flee.
  • Will wild parasaur 'vocalizations' effect tames the same as a tamed parasaur 'vocalizations' effects wild?
  • I may have missed it but is there a cool down with this 'vocalization'?
  • Does the 'vocalization' have a limit to how many can be influenced by it? 
  • Do the fleeing dinos travel x distance before returning or is the fleeing status time based?
  • Does it cause a loss of aggro or will it still be focused on coming back after the effect wears off?
  • What is the range of the 'vocalization'?
  • What is the range of the 'echolocation'?
  • Is there a cooldown on the 'echolocation'?
  • While in turret mode is 'echolocation' able to be set to a passive ability acting like a radar and thus signalling the 'vocalization' to be triggered alerting one's owner/tribe?
  • Lastly, will there be any counter to the parasaur where one will know another is using a parasaur to 'echolocate' and thus isn't hidden? Perhaps a shoulder pet able to pick up such frequencies. If I am about to walk into a trap I would like some type of balance to this new ability.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

"vocalization" seems to be the preferred term haha.

that term didnt exist at the time of my post - that crunch thread didnt exist. I posted it as soon as Jen uploaded parasaur screenshot to gallery ( a perk you can gain if you follow all the WC staff on these forums).

As for:

23 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

I posted some questions about the parasaur abilities in the TLC thread.

Its kinda stupidrange to ask those questions when you'll see everything yourself once they release updated dinos. Effects, ranges, cooldowns, counters - all those things are for players to discover.

26 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

that term didnt exist at the time of my post - that crunch thread didnt exist. I posted it as soon as Jen uploaded parasaur screenshot to gallery ( a perk you can gain if you follow all the WC staff on these forums).

As for:

Its kinda stupidrange to ask those questions when you'll see everything yourself once they release updated dinos. Effects, ranges, cooldowns, counters - all those things are for players to discover.

My apologies for missing the dates. I get ahead of myself and am not perfect. If I am not mistaken you post seems a little agitated. If so I don't know how I offended you and had no intention of it. Was just pointing out what they called it to you if you hadn't noticed. Clearly I was wrong and am sorry for the silly banter.

Maybe it is stupid to you, maybe strange or perhaps both. Fact remains as someone who plays on PS4 I won't have access to it until much later. I thought of said questions and asked them so if anyone is kind enough to answer before I am able to do it myself, see a video/post/etc I could see the answers to said questions. My apologies for being curious about said abilities. If I am incorrect about your response point it out but in this instance your response doesn't seem to warrant such disrespect. God forbid someone be curious about something. I average playing 2-6 hours a week on a good week. Many weeks are 0 hours. So forgive me if I rely on others to learn something or see something some times. No hard feelings on my end.

I personally like the change.  Makes an early tame more useful to new players/ people starting over, and gives it a purpose beyond the early game.  Parasaur is always one of my early tames primarily as a transport/pack mule.  Nice to know I can potentially leave it while I gather and no have to worry about smaller threats.

a bit disappointed the parasaur didnt get a new model or some sort of aquatic ability like better swim speed or something akin to the bary tail attack but just knockback. but still thats a useful set of abilities it shouldn't be able to scare raptors though but dilos i could see backing down from a ticked parasaur. but that early warning system and extra carry weight has me crazy excited! maybe now i won't  be the only one taming paras for a use that isnt kibble farming. wonder if it will scare ravagers i live in ravager central in aberration.

Honestly...meh?

I mean I get that the Parasaur is used very infrequently, but that's for a reason, and this won't change it: It's outclassed by nearly anything.   Not at endgame, but as soon as you have berries to tame one.

The moment you're capable of taming a parasaur, you're also capable of taming a trike (both are easy to knock down+tame).    Moreover, with just a bit of effort (cliffs or a hastily built pillar and ceiling or whatever), you are also capable of taming a raptor.     And a raptor with saddle armor is more than capable of taking down wild raptors, as opposed to a "temporary scare" scream on a cooldown.      Not only that, but it can be used to farm meat and prime meat fairly well early; a parasaur is hugely outclassed in this department by the aforementioned trike, not to mention that stegos and low level brontos are also pretty easy tames.

The Quetz has to be TLC'd. It has to be updated to make it better. It's slow as raptor. From a single player/private match viewpoint, the Quetz is a cargo bird but when you are trying to live near water so your sea tames can be within reach, and it take years to get from your coastal base to the metal mountains, it become tedious.

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

How many did you want? 9 - 17?

a lot of dinos need fixes and updates. Cano, sabre needs more than it has, even if just basic update in mechanics, stego gets no love, bronto has nothing additional, none of the smaller creatures like the dilo are getting anything, NONE of the water dinos are being touched and at this point only 2 are worth taming, and no other ones are good at what they do really. They used to be, then the ells and jellyfish.. well that ruined what use they had at the time

Oh, and why can't a SPIDER climb walls?

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

a lot of dinos need fixes and updates. Cano, sabre needs more than it has, even if just basic update in mechanics, stego gets no love, bronto has nothing additional, none of the smaller creatures like the dilo are getting anything, NONE of the water dinos are being touched and at this point only 2 are worth taming, and no other ones are good at what they do really. They used to be, then the ells and jellyfish.. well that ruined what use they had at the time

I didn't get the impression from their announcement that they will never change anything about dinos again. I got the impression that it's no longer their focus.

But yeah...feel free to continue complaining about the fact they're doing exactly what you've demanded they do in multiple previous posts...you know...stop working on new stuff and focus on fixing bugs. 

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I didn't get the impression from their announcement that they will never change anything about dinos again. I got the impression that it's no longer their focus.

But yeah...feel free to continue complaining about the fact they're doing exactly what you've demanded they do in multiple previous posts...you know...stop working on new stuff and focus on fixing bugs. 

You can’t win with these people. I said the same thing in the actual crunch comments and was called out by someone because apparently it wasn’t obvious they aren’t abandoning the rest of the TLC.

Reading comprehension seems to be lacking nowadays.

19 hours ago, Zederia said:

I'm going to quote you again because I'm curious to understand how you reconcile your cognitive dissonance in regards to these TLC passes and how they affect development on other aspects of Ark. You seem frustrated that further TLC has been put on hold...almost as frustrated as you seemed during conversations about bugfixes being more important that artwork and TLC. 

Do you really want more TLC treatment before the focus is shifted to bugfixes? Or are you happy to see the focus shifted back to bugfixes like you've previously demanded? If you're curious, I'm glad to see them going back to fix bugs, and I think it's vastly more important than TLC. I imagined most people would be stoked...not bummed. You seem bummed, and that's just a bit confusing to me.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, LouSpowells said:

What are you talking about?

What I meant was very, very obvious, Wildcard can't count to three, we only got 2 buffs after the flyer nerf and only got 2 TLC phases, Parasaurs honestly being halfassed anyways they don't even get a re-skin.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

How many did you want? 9 - 17?

As many as it takes to get better functioning creatures. There are still far too many that need it.

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

What I meant was very, very obvious, Wildcard can't count to three, we only got 2 buffs after the flyer nerf and only got 2 TLC phases, Parasaurs honestly being halfassed anyways they don't even get a re-skin.

As many as it takes to get better functioning creatures. There are still far too many that need it.

Why do people think that the devs are completely abandoning something just because their focus has changed to something else, that something else being bug and QoL fixes that the community have been crying out for since the dawn of early access.

The TLC pass will return in the future but at a later date and likely after the Extinction DLC.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Why do people think that the devs are completely abandoning something just because their focus has changed to something else, that something else being bug and QoL fixes that the community have been crying out for since the dawn of early access.

The TLC pass will return in the future but at a later date and likely after the Extinction DLC.

well to be fair paracer is right they promised a third buff to fliers after they collected feedback but they did nothing. i still think they'll go back to tlcs after extinction though but its odd that now they listened to people demanding bug fixes be the primary focus. i guess bug squashing is cheaper than reworking old dinos.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Havokpaintedwolf said:

well to be fair paracer is right they promised a third buff to fliers after they collected feedback but they did nothing.

They prommised no such thing.

They said they would run a 3rd round of buffs on flyers after they collected more data and deemed it necessary.

They clearly didn't deem it necessary.

1 hour ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Now I understand. You're complaining that they did what you demanded they do in a bunch of other rants. Thanks for clearing that up.

Archived