Dino 6 TLC2?

Zederia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing it will be the Sabre, Carno, or the Megalosaurus. 

I doubt it's the Ptera because it's basically the same as it's been since 2015. If they decide to revisit the Ptera, I'd imagine it will not be a quiet change.  Any changes would probably be significant enough that WC would run it by the players like they have other animals. The same goes for the other flyers...I just don't see them making any changes to flyers (again) without announcing it on at least some level.

If it's a water animal, I'd imagine it will be the Megaladon or the Dolphin. Both are well overdue for some enhancements, and I don't they are useful enough now that people will freak out if they're rebuilt. I agree that the Mosa and Plessi need work, but as with the Ptera, it would surprise me if WC changed either of those silently.

I doubt it's a shoulder pet because I'd imagine that if WC was going to do a TLC on shoulders, they'd probably do them all at once. (I'm assuming that will be the case with the remaining flyers if they change any of them)

It'd be pretty slick if it were the Megalosaurus.

Watch. It will be the Dodo. It lays 3x as many eggs, and now they spawn in flocks of 20 and follow you around because they think you're cool. Their presence also increases agro range of carnivores and increase Giga spawn chances by 15%.

Flying as a whole needs changing. Big ass Quetzel has to pump its wings and goes 5 mph. Fliers need the glide effect like the Drake so the flying will be more realistic and the need for a movement speed nerf would be revoked.

The saber got a TLC , the Megalosaurus don't need any. So I guess it's the Carnotaurus.
I think the Megalodon get a TLC in phase 3, like the reptile Ichtyiosaurus (a short sprint boost would be nice)

Personaly I would like to see wild flyers which are able to pick up small creatures an players like tamed one. Would be
a permanent threat including the late game.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Zederia said:

no, sabre just got a new model, not a TLC pass

Same thing, its still a TLC pass. It was even called a TLC Pass back then like when the Dodos got a TLC Pass too. It's not being counted as part of this latest TLC Pass but doesn't change the fact it was a TLC pass back then.

Just because something got a new model doesn't mean it's not a TLC pass. TLC pass does not mean anything more than changes to a specific creature.

11 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

It did get a tlc pass. They reduced its fall dmg and increased its harvesting abilities.

- New Saber Model! The Saber also has increased hide and pelt harvesting capability and reduced fall damage.

vs:

Dino TLC - The Direwolf!

- Receives a model update, animation update, new fur and some new abilities:
- Howl now activates a pack buff for 90 seconds (with a 1.5 minute cooldown). When the Alpha howls, the pack also howls. The pack buff strengthens the Alpha, as well as its pack (reduced amount vs Alpha)
- Hunter's Instinct passive buff which will allow it to sniff out people/creatures with less than 50% health
- Sniff tertiary ability to indicate nearby explorer notes, or to detect buried/stealth creatures

the saber got a quality of life update, not a TLC pass

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Zederia said:

- New Saber Model! The Saber also has increased hide and pelt harvesting capability and reduced fall damage.

vs:

Dino TLC - The Direwolf!

- Receives a model update, animation update, new fur and some new abilities:
- Howl now activates a pack buff for 90 seconds (with a 1.5 minute cooldown). When the Alpha howls, the pack also howls. The pack buff strengthens the Alpha, as well as its pack (reduced amount vs Alpha)
- Hunter's Instinct passive buff which will allow it to sniff out people/creatures with less than 50% health
- Sniff tertiary ability to indicate nearby explorer notes, or to detect buried/stealth creatures

the saber got a quality of life update, not a TLC pass

Nice to see you are making your own personal definition of what a TLC (Tender Loving Care) update means for a dino.

You really are trying hard to fight this aren't you. It seems odd that when the Devs live-streamed the original TLC's to creatures such as the Dodo and lots of others that got improved models that they referred to them as Dino TLC. But of course they must have been lieing right, because you say it's not TLC. Lol try harder.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

Nice to see you are making your own personal definition of what a TLC (Tender Loving Care) update means for a dino.

You really are trying hard to fight this aren't you. It seems odd that when the Devs live-streamed the original TLC's to creatures such as the Dodo and lots of others that got improved models that they referred to them as Dino TLC. But of course they must have been lieing right, because you say it's not TLC. Lol try harder.

First of all, the Triceratops will receive the ability to perform a charge and ram attack! It has a short-wind up time to notify that the trike is preparing to charge, the attack will build speed and damage during the windup, which then transfers to increased damage and ends in a ram attack which will knock targets back and can leave them stunned for a short period of time.

Additionally, its herding instincts will be improved, resulting in two changes. A 'Rivalry Buff' which will be applied to all nearby ally Triceratops when in range of large therapods and carnivores that will increase their stats/dmg akin to Mate Boost. It will also increase the wild Triceratops' aggro notify range by twice so that other Trikes are more likely to come to its aid.

^Trike, got simple updates:

Ram attack
Defense boost around carnivores
Increased argo range

This is still FAR from "just a model update and a little bit of harvesting increase. Which EVERY dino got when they did the mass-nerf on ALL dinos

So excuse me for calling a spade a spade

How is QoL different from TLC? Easy way to solve this conundrum is to know what each means. Tender Loving Care.. different from Quality of Life? To me they are so similar I couldn't differentiate the difference unless the Devs actually created a key explaining how they are different. I think this entire difference of opinions is arguing that you agree with each other but refuse to use the other's term. Agree to disagree? So unless someone can cite how they are truly different why not just cite semantics and drop it? Just seems silly, no?

How about this, the sabre did not get a "TLC pass" but did in fact receive "QoL" adjustments which might hinder the chances of seeing the sabre in an upcoming "TLC pass" as the "QoL" changes are still considered sufficient by the devs and would rather spend their time working on creatures that haven't received any attention as of late?

Yay everyone wins a trophy!

participationtrophy.jpg

On 3/7/2018 at 3:54 PM, SirPeter said:

Absolutely needs to be the Dodo! ability to cause heart attacks in victims when it roars, when in groups of 3 can be strapped together, ridden and flies at supersonic speeds. Alt attack causes instant giga rage. ..it'll only be tamable by players who have fully ascended, have the kibble that isn't released yet, and have stolen the soul of Rockwell (I have no clue how to get his soul, don't ask).

Yea that is the only real choice when you think about it.

You forgot requires a saddle that demands so many materials, that it cannot be made in a vanilla smithy or fabricator. So no one on console can actually make them.

9 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

You forgot requires a saddle that demands so many materials, that it cannot be made in a vanilla smithy or fabricator. So no one on console can actually make them.

Oh yea! What I meant to say is that it needs a new crafting station only for it's saddle. This station can only be powered by the tek generator and the station itself requires 1 single ingot more than what the tek replicator can hold on top of it's other required ingredients. I introduce to you the "Dodon'tSaddleStation"!

But the good news is that there will be a station crafting TLC coming later in 2036 that will address this issue.

1 hour ago, GP said:

1 hour ago, SirPeter said:

How is QoL different from TLC? Easy way to solve this conundrum is to know what each means. Tender Loving Care.. different from Quality of Life? To me they are so similar I couldn't differentiate the difference unless the Devs actually created a key explaining how they are different. I think this entire difference of opinions is arguing that you agree with each other but refuse to use the other's term. Agree to disagree? So unless someone can cite how they are truly different why not just cite semantics and drop it? Just seems silly, no?

How about this, the sabre did not get a "TLC pass" but did in fact receive "QoL" adjustments which might hinder the chances of seeing the sabre in an upcoming "TLC pass" as the "QoL" changes are still considered sufficient by the devs and would rather spend their time working on creatures that haven't received any attention as of late?

Yeah am with you there, chances are the saber isnt geting another update, be that a QoL or a TLC ( theres a difference ?). Doubt the devs would have invested time in giving the saber another TLC pass when its had one already, when they could give another dino more attention. 

My moneys on the carno, although it would be nice to see a purely water dino get a pass i.e. the plesio. 

Archived