Sea of thieves??

anubis3691

• Administrator

I played the closed Alpha and Beta. The game looks beautiful and was fun to play for an hour or so.... however there wasn't any content. It was just the same go here, get this chest, drop it off. A couple of ship battles here and there.

If they introduce real content like in-depth missions, character and ship customization, upgradable items etc then I may buy it. However there hasn't been ANY talk of that happening and the game gets boring very quickly.

I played the closed Alpha and Beta. The game looks beautiful and was fun to play for an hour or so.... however there wasn't any content. It was just the same go here, get this chest, drop it off. A couple of ship battles here and there.
If they introduce real content like in-depth missions, character and ship customization, upgradable items etc then I may buy it. However there hasn't been ANY talk of that happening and the game gets boring very quickly.
To the best of my knowledge.. lol... That's not always correct, there is going to be ship customization! Don't know to what extent tho. There's also special things to work towards like there's a special ship you can get for turning in for X amount of treasure and stuff. There's gonna be 3 guild like people you can do missions for, but as far as weapons and such it's all gonna be cosmetic from what I understand. Like a more expensive gun won't do more damage than the starting version. Just look cooler. Which is good and bad imo. There's a kracken constantly swimming the ocean that you can hunt or stumble upon that gives something special for defeating! The biggest plus to it for me is alot of my friends have quit playing ark and don't get to have as much fun anymore.. I still love the game tho! I've been playing it religiously since it released on Xbox in insiders club lol. That's actually the reason I even opted into the insiders club just to play Ark!

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:
On 3/7/2018 at 1:41 PM, Chris said:

To the best of my knowledge.. lol... That's not always correct, there is going to be ship customization! Don't know to what extent tho. There's also special things to work towards like there's a special ship you can get for turning in for X amount of treasure and stuff. There's gonna be 3 guild like people you can do missions for, but as far as weapons and such it's all gonna be cosmetic from what I understand. Like a more expensive gun won't do more damage than the starting version. Just look cooler. Which is good and bad imo. There's a kracken constantly swimming the ocean that you can hunt or stumble upon that gives something special for defeating! The biggest plus to it for me is alot of my friends have quit playing ark and don't get to have as much fun anymore.. I still love the game tho! I've been playing it religiously since it released on Xbox in insiders club lol. That's actually the reason I even opted into the insiders club just to play Ark!

Good to know those features are coming, i'll keep my eye on things! 

Archived