can "survivor already connected" be disconnected?

When a Survivor's client crashes and they try to reconnect, they get a message saying there is already a survivor connected.

Is there a way to shorten the time they are unable to reconnect ?

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm curious (as I previously experienced this myself, but not anymore) are you running ?RawSockets on your server you are playing on? I cam to the conclusion the delay in being disconnected during a crash was related to ?RawSockets. Once I moved back to a server host that didn't use ?RawSockets I never experienced the delay again.

42 minutes ago, GP said:

I'm curious (as I previously experienced this myself, but not anymore) are you running ?RawSockets on your server you are playing on? I cam to the conclusion the delay in being disconnected during a crash was related to ?RawSockets. Once I moved back to a server host that didn't use ?RawSockets I never experienced the delay again.

Thanks for your reply, I am indeed using RawSockets.

I'll switch that off and see what happens.

My server reboots every night, so the change will be active tomorrow.

I switched to using RawSockets because they're supposed to be more efficient.

14 hours ago, GP said:

A quick unscientific test suggests that disabling RawSockets has done the trick thanks.

While RawSockets were enabled, I ran Ark then did an "End Task" via task manager.  This resulted in the expected message about an already connected player.

After RawSockets were disabled, I ran Ark again and did an "End Task".  This time, I was able to immediately rejoin.

Many Thanks GP.

Archived