Rock drake mutations

JimMorrisonFoo

So jen confirmed months ago we could get a chance with eggs having a mut, now my question is if the mut is just random with each egg that spawns or is it if the parent nearby has the mut on it?

Basically will I have to kill a bunch of drakes to get one to spawn with a mut near a nest and hope its high level or will each egg just have a chance so I should collect a bunch and hatch them and not worry about killing the drakes?

Mutation only applies to Bred dino. Rock Drake counts as tamed from wild ancestor even when hatched, and won't get any mutation. Same goes for Reaper King and Wyvern.

As to what you get from the stat and color of Drake depends on its parents. Its hard to tell from stat until its hatched, but as of color, if you noticed two Rock Drakes (sometimes one) with a similar level as that of egg, chances are you might get that color.

1 hour ago, JimMorrisonFoo said:

I think this may say otherwise Vaculity, so my question still stands.

"color mutation" just simply means mutation out of the ordinary color that dino spawn in, and I affirm my stand: Wild Dino that hatches with Wild Ancestor never gets mutation, period. Rock Drakes have vast variety of color, even more than any other dinos. Its not surprise its mistaken for a bred color mutation. The so-called mutation is a "rare color" for Rock Drake, because you mostly find Green, Brown and Blue drakes wandering around, or hatched from eggs. To find the mentioned egg Jen posted is incredibly rare. Hell, I got a yellow Drake from a lucky egg find.

5 hours ago, Vaculity said:

"color mutation" just simply means mutation out of the ordinary color that dino spawn in, and I affirm my stand: Wild Dino that hatches with Wild Ancestor never gets mutation, period. Rock Drakes have vast variety of color, even more than any other dinos. Its not surprise its mistaken for a bred color mutation. The so-called mutation is a "rare color" for Rock Drake, because you mostly find Green, Brown and Blue drakes wandering around, or hatched from eggs. To find the mentioned egg Jen posted is incredibly rare. Hell, I got a yellow Drake from a lucky egg find.

You still didn't answer my question though and I think the fact that Jen said it was a "mutation" herself, wither you see it on the ancestry page or not means its a mutation and since I won't get a clear answer I'll just start farming eggs.

1 hour ago, JimMorrisonFoo said:

You still didn't answer my question though and I think the fact that Jen said it was a "mutation" herself, wither you see it on the ancestry page or not means its a mutation and since I won't get a clear answer I'll just start farming eggs.

Its just a rare pretty color. Its not mutated (in ark breeding definition) since wild ones can have the exact same color. If you lore lovers want to say the pretty color drakes are mutated then go wild. Sometimes you can get eggs to spawn if you bring a certain drake over to an empty nest but that was before the patch that fixed the falling drake eggs so idk if they changed something or not. So your answer is maybe you can get a specific drake to spawn an egg if you bring it by an empty nest but you are better off just farming high level eggs and hoping for the best.

I understand what you are asking about the mutations.  I've seen recently some really crazy colored Rock Drakes and it will boil down to just finding the eggs I believe.  The purist consider the mutation something from the bred dinos but for the Rock Drakes it's the same as finding a different colored wyvern egg based on the wyverns that are around the nest.  Not your typical mutation but different from the boring same few colors.  My crazy colors I saw for Rock Drakes recently were bright pink with blue feathers.  I could almost name my price if I would find an egg with those colors. Happy hunting to you. 

Its not really a mutation , its a mutation colour which means just a colour that mutations can have. They spawn with these colours and if you are lucky enough , you can find the parents egg with the exact colour and lvl.  I am so wanting a full white drake or yellow one. I got red ( not the event one red ) and magenta drakes . Its another good thing to make people find different goals ingame :D at least for me! I want to have pretty , cool coloured drakes for sure since drakes are my current obssession.

3 hours ago, JimMorrisonFoo said:

dra.thumb.jpg.5fb5b2b46b821f915de43f401cab7f98.jpg

Color Mutations can be seen on either of the two Lineal as Mutation 1-19/20. This is an example of a Drake I hatched months ago, and there is no "Mutation" on either end. As I said, its not a mutation, but a rare color, but if you seriously want to say its mutation without any form of convincing just because Jen said so then fine, I am done explaining.

And to answer your question, you do have to kill a bunch of drake as color corresponds to parents and since nest spawns based on the drake that currently exist within the perimeters of the nest that usually spawns at. What I do is: Kill drake, take any egg, rinse and repeat. If possible, try and leave rare colors Drake alive and grab egg, and get off, only killing if neccesary.

• 11 months later...

There is no "real" mutations on the drake eggs. It is very simple to demostrate, if you look closely at the twitt that originated the topic you see that the drake hatched at lvl 370. If there was a "real" mutation it would have hatched at lvl 372.

It is just as Jen said, there is small chance to obtain different color from parent.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

There's a small chance for mutation from hatching drakes and even taming a wild dino can have a random mutation when tamed

First off, drakes and wyverns have no mutation (I added wyvern because its egg are obtained the same way, not method, as drake). Their color are determined by their parents.

Secondly, mutation only comes from birthgivers, NOT mutation (This does NOT include tame-only creature). The only thing random are just its stat when you tame it and it has at least a few bonus levels from its taming efficiency.

The 

14 hours ago, Vaculity said:

First off, drakes and wyverns have no mutation (I added wyvern because its egg are obtained the same way, not method, as drake). Their color are determined by their parents.

Secondly, mutation only comes from birthgivers, NOT mutation (This does NOT include tame-only creature). The only thing random are just its stat when you tame it and it has at least a few bonus levels from its taming efficiency.

I have tamed dino with random mutations in ancestry without being breed

8 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

The 

I have tamed dino with random mutations in ancestry without being breed

Lol. Okay then, give me proof, both overall middle window and the entire ancestry screen. 

Also, is this even in official server? I won't buy it if its in unofficial or single player, because mods could potentially allow that.

• 1 month later...

Archived