Xxtheclashxx

Stop hoarding land

Is anything being done about the pillar situation? Even if it isn't pillars, single foundations with walls, etc.

It's impossible to go to new servers that are not legacy because pillars and hoarders of land.

This is not allowing players to build a new.

Add extra building peices that need to be attached to pillars or single or double foundations.

If there is not enough items built on said pillars or foundations, a time limit decay should be like 60 minutes or less.

I have gone to a good amount of Ragnarok severs and can't build because pillars.

12 hours ago, gilgamesh9 said:

If you want to play on the island, I've got a spot for you. Easy access from base to get stone, wood, metal, obsidian all on foot. Nearby crystal and a bit further out oil and silica pearls with a flyer.

I appreciate the kindness. I'm looking for the Center  and Ragnarok. There's a specific spot in the red woods I want.

But as far as the adding extra ladders to pillars, there should be a much larger amount of items attached to pillars. Or make it so they can only be a very short distance away from a structure of a certain size at minimum to prevent spamming.

then play on your own server, lol.

No matter what you do there is no answer other than a decay timer.

Or this, and no one will like.  Once you put down a foundation you can't build another piller/foundation outside of, say 50 units away.

2 minutes ago, Blobert said:

then play on your own server, lol.

No matter what you do there is no answer other than a decay timer.

Or this, and no one will like.  Once you put down a foundation you can't build another piller/foundation outside of, say 50 units away.

This isn't supposed to be a flame war just because you do not agree with what someone likes. There is no need for direct insult or telling someone to move away from their preference. 

I do not want to play PVP because I do not want to lose hard work.

• Like 1

tbh man you can always build on a server someone. sounds more like you want this specific spot and cant get it? which may just end up being bad luck.

I know plently of people who have started out on official pve, built up made friends and have been able to get pillars moved so they can expand. Even in new locations, you need to remember your joining a comunity each time you try and play on a pve official.

Most people on there wont give up space to any old bob that has no idea, and could potentially destroy tame spawns for meat runs or resource spawns, or just wants to troll.
Many pve servers also suffer from dumping tribes, that set up bases for the sole purpose of dumping excess tames off there main server, which is another reason people hold land to limit the chance of this happening on said server.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

They should just add territory markers to the game to fix this once and for all.

1 Markers are limited in number to one per person, if you try to place another it will delete the first one.

2 Markers are limited in size to a football field 120 yards or 360 feet, from one end to the other in a spherical shape from where it is placed.

3 Markers can not be placed right next to each other even in the same tribe to prevent overlapping, but they can stack if made into a totem poll with exponential growth, 1 marker is a one football field in size, 2 is 2 fields, 4 is 3 , 8 is 4 and so on and so forth, more tribe members = more territoy.

4 If two markers are getting too close to each other where neither one can grow two things can happen, if the markers belong to different tribes they just won't grow anymore but will never overlap, if they belong to the same tribe the markers will fuse together and move to the mid point between them, if they had different totem heights they will combine appropriately.

5 Markers are easy to make, they are just one stone and the engram is free.

6 Alliances still work with this system, they just can't be abused to take over the entire map like now.

7 Platform saddle and boats will still work too, since they can't claim land besides getting in the way theres no need to change them.

8 Structures can still be placed anywhere but will have a unavoidable non resetting demo timer if not in a markers territoy.

Would like constructive criticism to help refine this to make it viable to devs, instead of the idiotic mess we have now.

Edited by wrath435

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Lihaliemikuutio said:

1. dont play bob's pve

2. why would you play on legacy servers...

I wasn't clear enough, but reading between the lines... I said start a new on servers that are new. I'm meaning starting over on the servers.

To be clear, im not new to the game. I've been playing this since pre release. The small tribe I'm in has been deciding what map to play. The two of us and eventually the third, plan on doing the center and Ragnarok.

Edited by Xxtheclashxx

6 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

I wasn't clear enough, but reading between the lines... I said start a new on servers that are new. I'm meaning starting over on the servers.

To be clear, im not new to the game. I've been playing this since pre release. The small tribe I'm in has been deciding what map to play. The two of us and eventually the third, plan on doing the center and Ragnarok.

I still cant see the point of playing pve or legacy...

• Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lihaliemikuutio said:

I still cant see the point of playing pve or legacy...

You still don't get it. I said I want to move to a new non legacy server. Your opinion of not "getting"  the point to play pve is not my problem. I enjoy pve. I choose to playing pve. Your opinion of me not play PVP means absolutely nothing to me.

Edited by Xxtheclashxx
  • Haha 1

Every day on my server, we have 10+ players that join in and complain that there's no place to build.  Every day on my server, I see 10+ free areas to build that aren't taken and won't kill off important resource/dino spawns.  What I've found:  Almost every server has this situation.  What you're likely experiencing is the fact that when people join a server, they hunker down right where they spawn ~80% of the time.  The easy spawn points are never going to be available to build.  Explore some.  You'll find a place.  The other thing:  You probably won't find the specific spot you WANT to build before joining the server.  If you don't, them's the breaks.  If you're not the first one there, that's the nature of the game. Deal with it.  You'll find a place if you look.

24 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Every day on my server, we have 10+ players that join in and complain that there's no place to build.  Every day on my server, I see 10+ free areas to build that aren't taken and won't kill off important resource/dino spawns.  What I've found:  Almost every server has this situation.  What you're likely experiencing is the fact that when people join a server, they hunker down right where they spawn ~80% of the time.  The easy spawn points are never going to be available to build.  Explore some.  You'll find a place.  The other thing:  You probably won't find the specific spot you WANT to build before joining the server.  If you don't, them's the breaks.  If you're not the first one there, that's the nature of the game. Deal with it.  You'll find a place if you look.

Have to agree with this. Plus, most rag servers are already at cap, no way to get around it. People hoard 50+ gigas and 300+ thylas. ( might be a little over exadurating) 

The point is, if you are new to an established server where all the "good" spots are, chances are they are already at cap or close to it. And apparently no one is willing to kill off their thylas. I'd tame a cheap ptera, build a small hut and grind for stone structures until the new servers open. Then u can transfer out to a new server and claim your spot.

One last little note. Don' build up next to a big base. At all. If u want to grow, you won' be able to. And no one wants another laggy base next to their already laggy base. Makes thing suck

On 3/7/2018 at 1:05 AM, Xxtheclashxx said:

Is anything being done about the pillar situation? Even if it isn't pillars, single foundations with walls, etc.

It's impossible to go to new servers that are not legacy because pillars and hoarders of land.

This is not allowing players to build a new.

Add extra building peices that need to be attached to pillars or single or double foundations.

If there is not enough items built on said pillars or foundations, a time limit decay should be like 60 minutes or less.

I have gone to a good amount of Ragnarok severs and can't build because pillars.

Have you tried asking the people who have the pillars if they are willing to drop them?  A lot of people pillar esp on PvE not to be jerks but because we get trolls who like to come onto PvE and put structures where there are resources like metal, or where certain things spawn, like griffins, to screw over the server because they themselves don't give 2 craps.
If pillaring wasn't possible then PvE servers would be littered with structures by these trolls that would then block spawns as well making it an overall worse situation.
Now all that said there are probably and equal if not more number if people who pillar just to be jerks and make a mad land grab.

I myself have offered to drop pillars for people as long as they can build respectfully of resources, but I live in a rougher environment because fewer people like being there :)

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, gilgamesh9 said:

they could just make a tribe pillar cap like they just did for auto turrets.

With how the current building mechanics are that could possibly destroy tribes ability to build, because if they had a base on a mountain and had to use a lot of pillars just to level the ground for the building could use too many doing that and would then be at a disadvantage if they wanted to make another base somewhere with a similar uneven terrain. Also, the tribe turret cap, from what I am understanding is only for a general vicinity, kind of the like the structure cap they have implemented to lower lag around bases that have hundreds of turrets.

Edited by Eternity1986

On 3/8/2018 at 11:35 AM, Xxtheclashxx said:

This isn't supposed to be a flame war just because you do not agree with what someone likes. There is no need for direct insult or telling someone to move away from their preference. 

I do not want to play PVP because I do not want to lose hard work.

I am with the PvP guy.  We are not telling you how to play ARK, but then don't complain about the limitations of the mode you play in.   You can't have it both ways.   I thought PvE would be kinda fun once too, but the fact that you can't pick up wild dinos, the map gets over run with junk structures, and a lot of the engrams (defensive ones, guns, explosives) are kinda pointless and I moved on to PvP.   At least if there is something in your way a quick rocket launcher can take care of it usually.  

Either realize that playing PvE will include having to severely compromise on where you build your base, or play in single player mode.   Either way complaining about structure spam in PvE is like complaining that I got shot at in PvP.