What keeps you going?

DoughBoy93

9 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

I play on xbox I have had a look and it don't look like we get any of these orp servers on official. This might of been the only thing to make me carry on playing the idea that the only way to raid is to pvp first sounds good to me and much easy to accept the loss of your loot when you had a go at defending instead of being wiped offline. 

exactly my line of thinking. :) I wish they would open servers for orp on all platforms and an NA cluster for pc would be awesome. 

23 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

I just don't have the motivation to play anymore I have played for roughly 1.5k hours which is small time to alot of people still.

Just feel like it's the same old same old and feel I'm done with the game for now inless the devs drastically improve the game.

What make's you still want to play the game or what is your reason's your bored of it?

First off, you are playing PvP, not sure why anyone still plays that version of the game anymore.

We are a small tribe of three and have been playing since legacy days. 4,000 plus hours for reference.

We still have plenty of things to do, always building stuff, rebuilding stuff. Breeding stuff, taming stuff, cave runs, boss fights. We are never short on things to do.

We currently have a list of about a dozen projects we are working on. We have a presence on all the maps. Nothing small either.

For all the moaning and groaning that is constant on the forums about tame times being too long, harvest rates being too low, dino breed/raise times taking too long. I think that these are the reasons we are not done/bored with the game yet on official servers. Unofficial servers with the boosted rates always crack me up. One swing, gather 1000 metal from one node etc.

I actually think the current harvest rates/tame time etc are too easy compared to the old days. 

Like the old saying "Easy come, Easy go" 

Little to no effort to get something gathered to make or tame, no value to keep it, get bored easy.

Here are some screenshots of our builds.

7a4c972d-17f8-4176-a64b-d88ae9b95d20_Thu

This is what we do in here: 

be2a12fa-93b5-4fc2-91f0-b19daac05d6e_Thu

One of our unfinished builds, All TEK by the way.

51b169e3-8cb3-40e5-aeac-dd11b3085800_Thu

• 2 weeks later...

As of right now, I don't run the game much. I never play till endgame my highest char level is probably lv 96.

My playing pattern keeps repeating itself.

Start by jumping in random server or latest DLC or map, leveling, surviving, taming core dinoes such as doed, wood gatherer, thatch gatherer, then build main base and tame dinoes for imprint kibbles, after that start breeding dinoes worth breeding, tame dinoes for its egg as needed, rinse and repeat and one day after the base got bigger and the dinoes grew in numbers.....I will lose interest, everyday becomes chores, feed the dino, feed the baby, arrange the dinoes inside the base. etc. 

That's how I spent 2k+ hours on this game. Right now I have the same thing on Aberration, lv 94 character, one big main base that hold all the dinoes whose eggs are in imprint kibble list, some bred dinoes, core dinoes for gathering stuffs, and Rock Drakes, but lose reason/interest to log on.

I got bored really quickly when i played on off.servers. i was either solo or in a small tribe and it was just constant wipes and grief from alphas or mega tribes and that was on nearly every type of server.

Now i play on a private RP server call The Circle of Life. Its slightly boosted so its not too much of a slog but its far from easy either with high levelled dinos to balancd it out. Its more kinda lite RP with towns and villages, shops and traders. It has its own peacekeepers who maintain law from sausage players. Pvp and raiding is allowed but not slaughtering passive tames and full wiping bases. The admins are so friendly and helpful and there are tons of events. Like dodo basketball or gladiator arena battles.

I honestly could never go back to off.servers after playing here. Why would I when i have everything here that i need. Pvp and amazing medival buildings and arenas, etc . Even huge olde pirate type boats.

Its a complete no brainer. I'll leave off.servers to the trolls and the few decent players determined to stick it out.

Lol have fun because i know i am. 

Archived