So I just started playing ark a couple weeks ago  and I think it’s a great game that I will continue to play. There is only one problem I have with the games online pvp servers and that’s the alpha tribes. I was playing on The Center on server 99, with a couple friends and we were getting a nice base with behemoth gates set up in the cave on the east side of the map. But every time we were caught out in the open by the alphas they would burn us down with wyverns. This continued until they eventually found us and tore our gates down with a giga. So we moved and yet again we were found, and then again so if any of you big tribes are looking for a difficult raid go to server 99 on The Center. 

Bad alphas can definitely be really bad to deal with. If you and your friends want to be left alone I'd recommend joining some servers and talking to people you meet and trying to find out if the alpha is nice, there are many bad alphas but also many good ones I've met that will even give things like kibble to new players.

the best thing I learned was when I would get wiped we would just build back up if the alpha dosent get anything useful from you they aren't gonna come back to blow up a base with doubled walls doors and frames and foundation with 8x ceiling. you gotta make It cost them to raid you dnt expect to throw a metal box that isn't 2x thick and honeycombed and not be bothered and there isn't much of a reason to leave a server once you get wiped we have several vaults with supplies to start back up at the bottom of the ocean.

1 minute ago, DownLikeSyndrome said:

the best thing I learned was when I would get wiped we would just build back up if the alpha dosent get anything useful from you they aren't gonna come back to blow up a base with doubled walls doors and frames and foundation with 8x ceiling. you gotta make It cost them to raid you dnt expect to throw a metal box that isn't 2x thick and honeycombed and not be bothered and there isn't much of a reason to leave a server once you get wiped we have several vaults with supplies to start back up at the bottom of the ocean.

I get what your saying about storing thing's around the server, but it can be difficult to do if its only you and a couple friends to make vaults, and pre-fabricate enough metal structures to build new buildings if you keep getting raided consistently, it's probably honestly easier to try to find a semi-friendly alpha for starting out.

29 minutes ago, tomTheMan222 said:

I get what your saying about storing thing's around the server, but it can be difficult to do if its only you and a couple friends to make vaults, and pre-fabricate enough metal structures to build new buildings if you keep getting raided consistently, it's probably honestly easier to try to find a semi-friendly alpha for starting out.

On official, I do this solo across multiple servers. It's a lot of work, but that is what the game is until you've established yourself with serious static defenses and politically with those in power on the server. If you can't do both of those things, you hide boxes with back up supplies, spread dinos around, etc.

You may well find a helpful alpha that let's you build up and even helps along the way if you and your friends are easy to deal with. However, that isn't a magic shield against griefers, other large tribes, and even members of that friendly alpha that don't know or forget you're a friend of the tribe's. In other words, you should always avoid having all your eggs in one basket in Ark, pretty much at all costs, because it's inevitable that those baskets are going to get robbed at some point.

1 hour ago, tomTheMan222 said:

Bad alphas can definitely be really bad to deal with. If you and your friends want to be left alone I'd recommend joining some servers and talking to people you meet and trying to find out if the alpha is nice, there are many bad alphas but also many good ones I've met that will even give things like kibble to new players.

We actually ended up finding a new server and the alphas there are really cool they help us with trolls and even bring us supplies when they can spare. 

Archived