what to level on non melee animals?

OttoGrunf

Achatina - I'd go for food, because making cake is a pain! Don't think any stat effects the passive production rate.

Oviraptor - pretty irrelevent, its just a buff dino.

Ovis - Definitely food. More food = faster wool.

Dodo - Egg farm only, so wouldn't bother.

Jerboa - Dunno. Maybe go speed and set to the skittish stance (whatever its called) so if you die and drop him, he might be able to run away from danger! :)

Achatina's you definitely want to pump food. The stuff they produce doesn't weight anything, and Memzer is right. Making cakes is a pain, and the less you need to feed them, the better it is for your sanity. Higher food pools last longer, so you need to feed them only a stack of cake when they run low on food.

Not sure what other dino's are out there, but if there's no actual benefit to boosting a stat, then I usually push health up to give them a chance at surviving random attacks or wild dino's visiting the base.

1 hour ago, Memzer said:

Achatina - I'd go for food, because making cake is a pain! Don't think any stat effects the passive production rate.

Oviraptor - pretty irrelevent, its just a buff dino.

Ovis - Definitely food. More food = faster wool.

Dodo - Egg farm only, so wouldn't bother.

Jerboa - Dunno. Maybe go speed and set to the skittish stance (whatever its called) so if you die and drop him, he might be able to run away from danger! :)

Dodos for egg farm only?! Clearly you haven't bred a line of battle dodos. 

Primitive heathen

I'm the same as Olivar, when I bother using any levels at all on passive animals. If they aren't strong enough to defend themselves and don't benefit from anything else they get HP, although I admit I often don't pay attention or use levels on for example an oviraptor. Since levels in general don't matter on them they're easy enough to replace in the event one does die or whatever.

Achatinas can also be used to store Organic Polymer, since they extend it's spoil duration. If you use them for that, level Weight. Otherwise, level Food.

Ovis it depends on the genders. For my main male and all the females, Food, so they regrow their wool faster. For any males that don't surpass my male breeder, Health, so that when i slaughter them and harvest them with a Chainsaw, i can get insane amounts of Pelt/Hide/Mutton.

Otters are obviously Melee Damage, for more insulation.

Moschops i level in Weight, since their Melee Damage doesn't affect the amount they harvest. I'll carry a Organic Polymer specialized Moschops to the icebergs on the Island, and kill Kairuku and have the Moschops harvest them.

Dung Beetles are obviously Weight.

Archived