Community Crunch 121: Triceratops TLC Preview, Introducing Zen Rowe and more!

Jen

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, GP said:

Congrats everyone on all your entries! I love the Grumpy Town trailer, it's amazing! It really shows off the power of what Modders can really do with ARK! And welcome to @ZenRowe i'm really looking forward to having you onboard the WC Family as Mod Community Manager, and really looking forward to seeing what comes out of the Mod Contests! :Jerblove:

Thanks, @GP. I am happy to be joining you all :) 

1 hour ago, GP said:

I'm not speaking on behalf of Zen Rowe here, but it was announced last year that Structures Plus will be incorporated in to the base game for all platforms, which includes PC, Xbox and PS4 in some shape or form. That is the current plan and it is still in development stages for that to happen as it was selected from the Sponsored Mod Program. So there's no need for porting to PS4 as it will be integrated in to the core game.

This is my understanding of it as well.

@ZenRowe Welcome, Good to have you in the community. I just have 1 question: Are you going to be the community manager on mods only or the communication manager in general (updates/events/planning/upcomings etc.)

"My objective is to bring more consistent communication with the community": That is only regards to mods I take it than?

Edited by ZeroSeconds

• Wildcard Community
2 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

@ZenRowe Welcome, Good to have you in the community. I just have 1 question: Are you going to be the communication manager on mods only or the communication manager in general (updates/events/planning/upcomings etc.)

My primary responsibilities are focused on the modding community, yes.

It would be so funny, if the parasaur managed to get an update after all of this. It would be one of the peoples favorite tlc ever as the parasaur is just for alot of people know as 'rubbish' 

I know over the years of ark the parasaur has a purpose within the game, just need to find it. And maybe the parasaur could use its horn more effectively if they did do it ??

Edited by ArkRaptorBuilder
Spelling

In all seriousness though guy. Thank you. The TLC patch is one of the biggest changes coming yet. Everyone tames all the time and to have the dinos have unique uses is amazing and bring more life to the game. :Jerblove:;)

Having certain species to harvest specific things provides players with instinct to go find the best tames for the jobs required. I just wish people would play more like a cosplayer than a pvp player who only builds metal boxes with turrets on it. No creativity involved in my personal opinion. 

what they should do is give the Parasaur  the ability to alert of incoming enemys like they were discovered that a parasaur would be the watch men when they are grazing and one would give off a alarm or call to alert of incoming predators like rexs and raptors they should also give the mosa a upgrade cause it looks way to cartooneand the megladon should be a little bigger than what they are now they were supposed to be 10 times the size of a great white  which means they should be given some respect and not just copy the size of a great white.

Edited by SpeedyStar
additions

Loving the new Trike model, WC!

If it's not too much, I'd like to nominate the mammoth for a visual overhaul. It was one of the first animals in the game, but the model hasn't aged gracefully. The Mammoth's species name literally translates to "Stone Head," so why not put it to use? Like the rhino, I suggest a momentum-based charge, but more one that clears animals out of the way. The charge could provide knockback only, simply shoving creatures out of the way (without damaging them) like a giant, prehistoric snow plow. It would also allow you to move through forests and destroy rocks and trees without getting stuck. A last aside for the Mammoth - Dilos and other small predators currently aggro it. Could we fix that?

I just have one very important question.  Is the primitive plus going to be incorporated into all the maps.  Like when you are on scorched and ragnarok saddles and some of the items are available?  We would like to play it on aberration to but man there is no point.

Edited by Darkprince388
Misspelled a word.

Want to start by saying congrats to @ThePilgrim on his amazing ARKitect win, it's a really cool idea well executed. Though I think @TRanger really deserved an awarded for his castle build too. It says they are judged on 'creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more' but from what I have observed it's judged almost completely on 'uniqueness'. In my opinion 'difficulty of building' should play a much bigger part. I know there's been a lot of moaning about these ARKitect competitions recently so I apologise, I know it's supposed to be just a bit of fun but $100 / $200 is a lot of money for some people and I felt I needed to speak up about it. Anyway, to finish on a good note, thank you for doing these competitions, it's awesome that you get involved with the community. Also, the TLC dinos are looking great!

:Jerblove:

• Thanks 2