Favourite Harvesters

DeweyDecimal

For things like metal and stone, options can feel kinda limited. You're going to have your anky, doedi, pick-wielding mantis and golems. Maybe a dunky, the anky of the sea. 

But then we get to wood, and there's a real wide variety of options. Do you bring a chainsaw on a travel mount? Take a mammoth, or a beaver, or a therizino?

Same goes for thatch. I could run around on a megaloceros, or casually get like a billion thatch from a bronto tail swipe, or  with a wyvern. 

Sure there's a 'best' way for everything, but there are also a lot of great ways to do everything too, it really comes down to style and choices. 

Take meat, for example. Sure, a high melee giga is going to get insane meat quick. 

But a good Rex, spino, or allo will do it pretty quick too. 

50 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

These are all totally poop when it comes to yield. Rex with 600% melee gives you about half of what a 500% giga gets you. (per paracer)

Good therizino comes pretty close to a good giga.  

I've found out that mantis, no mateboost, ascendant pick, 350% dmg gives about the same amount of meat (~340) per paracer, as a 500% melee giga. Killing them takes more time, but it's nevertheless still pretty quick. Anyone knows how much does it cost to clone a mantis?

Giga is best though, because massive AoE makes dealing with the annoying dimetrodons and such no effort at all. 

Stone ? Doedi

Wood ? Beaver (roll rat on Aberration)

Thatch ? Megaloceros (anky or moschops on Aberration)

Fiber ? Bear

Meat ? Theri

Berries ? Theri (paracer on Aberration)

Metal ? Anky (anky + crab on Aberration)

Blue & green gems ? Anky

Red gems ? Rock drake + metal pick

Crystal ? Anky

Rare flowers and mushrooms ? Beaver dams (paracer on Aberration)

Oil ? Dunkleosteus (dung beetles on Aberration)

Obsidian ? Doedi

Rock drake eggs ? Spino ?

My list for SE map:

Stone + sand = Rock elemental for the gathering with 3x doedic and 2x equus on follow (all stone in doedics and all sand in equus for clay)

Cactus sap + thatch + fiber= Megatherium. Whilst getting cactus sap to add to the sand for clay you also get loads of thatch on the route. fiber is optional, I usually drop it. 

Metal + flint = Quetzal + Anky. flint to add to the stone for sparkpowder

Wood = Quetzal + mammoth + therizino. The mammoth does not move from the quetzal, this way you can pump him 100% full. Therizino with aprox 1.000 weight and rest in melee is perfect. 

Meat = Strong light/fire wyvern. Route is in desert where the deathworms spawn + all the snakes. OR desert cave with a strong thyla, gives you the artifact + loads of meat in a short amount of time.

Meat going for record = Flyer (I take tapejara) with 4-5 theri's on aggresive follow or 4-5 giga's on follow. This is the 25-30k meat in 30 minutes challange.

Berries = Bronto if you're close to an obby, if not megatherium during cactus sap trip.

It's personal preference but I don't like doing 3 trips for 3 different resources. I'd rather do 1 trip where I come back with everything I need in about the same time as 1 trip. Effiency op

On 3/5/2018 at 4:12 PM, DeweyDecimal said:

For things like metal and stone, options can feel kinda limited. You're going to have your anky, doedi, pick-wielding mantis and golems. Maybe a dunky, the anky of the sea. 

But then we get to wood, and there's a real wide variety of options. Do you bring a chainsaw on a travel mount? Take a mammoth, or a beaver, or a therizino?

Same goes for thatch. I could run around on a megaloceros, or casually get like a billion thatch from a bronto tail swipe, or  with a wyvern. 

Sure there's a 'best' way for everything, but there are also a lot of great ways to do everything too, it really comes down to style and choices. 

Take meat, for example. Sure, a high melee giga is going to get insane meat quick. 

I typically use a combination of an Ankylosaurus with a high-weight mammoth or Brontosaurus for metal and stone type resources. For wood, I typically use a Therizinosaurus combined with mammoth for wood weight reduction. Thatch I usually leave to a Therizinosaurus or Brontosaurus. As far as meat, it matters little to me. I usually use a T. rex to go get meat because it's faster and more maneuverable than a Giganotosaurus.

I love the Theri as my general all-purpose mount.  Lately have been building a lot of wooden structures in PVE (due to looks/design) and coupled with a grinder it's like the new yankee workshop of dinos due to its ability to harvest the wood and fiber and effectively "mow" an area clean.  I usually operate close to base and have my grinder outside, so just walk up and dump when I get full (1200 weight).  This makes for extremely fast wood structure crafting.  Also use it casually to get meat and hide.  There's no doubt the giga outclasses it due to sheer gathering speed...the Giga's inherent walking speed and 1-2 shot kills lets me cover a lot more ground.  However the Theri is much more maneuverable and fits in my house / in between dinos when I need faster access to the grill to cook prime, etc so I find myself using it more than my other tames.  My main gathering Theri is a boss theri that someone accidently leveled up 20 points in food and was going to otherwise kill, so now it leads a productive life.

we use theriz for a large majority of our farming, but have recently noticed another stealth nerf for theriz? last few weeks have been getting less the in the past.

Meat - Power theriz x2 (900% melee+) , giga x1 (400% melee+)

Wood - Power theriz on Quetz, or mammoth on quetz x2 - if we need to inv cap for bulk crafting, Roll rat w/crab aberration

thatch - Grinder is by far the easiest way, or stock up on thatch you get from berry farming

Stone/obsidian - Doed w/ Quetz

Metal, crystal, gems - Anky, and for obsidian when were lazy w/ Quetz or crab on aberration

Berries - Imprinted melee only Bronto, steggo on aberration

Oil - eat basilo's on x2 with a high melee water tame or sloooowwwww dunky on x1, eat trilobites on x2 or anky w/ crab surface aberration

pearls - Angler

org poly - aberration. scythe or high melee tame on crabs (x2 only effects crabs)

Archived