State of official , the future of ark.

LE4SoDeadly

I know to some this will appear as a whining post but please try to see the point behind it.

iv played ark since launch on Xbox and as far it goes we’ve done all the “goals” alpha,bosses etc we stopped playing at a point and came back on abberation launch. Built up pretty quick (op map) and got offlined to the never ending heal plants, we took it on the chin moved abberstion and got another big base down in the blue. This base we abandoned due to frustrations with the game mechanics (our server was constantly being crashed to duper’s) and a toxic server. We moved to ragnarok built a huge base in a weak (we are a four man tribe of friends who work so a big commitment) and supremacy rolled through on a titan destroying everything in literally a minute (they told us we was cool to build) this broke us and me and another member became hardcore glider bandits vowing never to build again. The ease at which two people with crazy movement speed some c4 and a shield can inflict mad damage on tribes is shocking I mean we could demo an entire base (like many can) and get off the server on the same wings we arrived on but it got old and we felt bad so attempted to build up again on abberation , which again offlined by never ending heal plants moved again to Rag built up a base high away from titans and I logged on to find another faction of supremacy draining my “player only” turrets on reapers after pushing them off cliffs fightning as best 2 ppl can against a mega tribe they eventually said screw it and turned on with a ten saddle and destroyed all our turrets. 

Now this story doesn’t include the trips to hell spawn that is an island server where half our turrets auto decayed 24/7 attack by trolls and the usually antics etc.

my point is this, how can a game like ark hope to survive and have longevity when a fair share of its player base will be pushed away by constantly having to start again.i know the pve joke and could never player it I like pvp but I who love this game more then any other Carnt build up for ever in the face of huge tribes just because I like pvp. The casual player base will not rebuild for ever and a game like this cannot survive on a hardcore player base . The dupes the cheating the constant wipes will push people away something has to change. 

The questions is how does any body get established on modern day ark if a mega will foundation wipe you because in there word “ u ugly”

ps yes this is a oh no I got wiped thread ?but playing this game from launch this time I think I’m entitled to one. 

42 minutes ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

The questions is how does any body get established on modern day ark if a mega will foundation wipe you because in there word “ u ugly”

Well, you can take a vacation from work, assemble 30-80 friends you can trust to do the same, and then spend the next week nonstop grinding to build a base on an Official server and establish dominance. Once you're there, it's a matter of scheduling who will be on and when, communication between online/offline players, and a perpetual emphasis on the upkeep and maintenance of turrets and bullets.

Or, give unofficial a whirl and find a server with enforced rules. Up to you.

Hey man I've been having some small tribe fun on offline raid protection servers, where nothing can be offlined, and attacking/ defending is more balanced since, every raid is a battle! 

were about to be doing bosses and trying to ascend :). 

but yeah orp gets rid of offline raiding and helps against what your describing, server hoping with explosives, since the person will be online to eat ya with their rex or whatever they have. 

This game is not balenced for bases to defend themselves, also destruction is much cheaper than construction. 

I feel like orp is the only way pvp in this game is balanced. 

it takes 4 c4 to destroy a behemoth gate. 

but yes anything you build on official pvp will be offlined. :)

22 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Well, you can take a vacation from work, assemble 30-80 friends you can trust to do the same, and then spend the next week nonstop grinding to build a base on an Official server and establish dominance. Once you're there, it's a matter of scheduling who will be on and when, communication between online/offline players, and a perpetual emphasis on the upkeep and maintenance of turrets and bullets.

Or, give unofficial a whirl and find a server with enforced rules. Up to you.

Pretty sure no one has 30-80 trusted friends to build a mega tribe....

They shouldn't be a thing in the first place put a tribe limit size of 10 on and watch the official servers fill back up.

3 hours ago, DownLikeSyndrome said:

pvp is the best and worst part of the game building a base people dnt want to blow into is key everything should be doubled at least double foundations double walls 8x ceilings 2x doors and frames and then you should have a lot of static defensives. 

welp, if you go that way, then you will spend 100 hours playtime building it for it to be offlined in one hour or so. rocket spam is too easy man. 

static defences? you mean traps and stuff? they have no application without orp. even if they die to your trap, anything is cheap to blow up, even the entire trap lols. 

The op went the correct route for fun play in my opinion, building on official pvp is generally a waste of time. 

Then again, it will be a while before WC sees the decline.  With the Nitrado Server Rentals, so many (myself included) went the server rental route to host dedicated.  I have no idea what WC is making off that agreement, but I'm sure it is lucrative right now.  What will happen (AND NEEDS TO HAPPEN) is that the number of rented servers will start to collapse and revenue from rentals will fall off the table.  Look at the list some time.  0-3 players on average at a time on a server.  Now that everyone with a credit card can rent a server, it is very VERY difficult to populate a dedicated now.  Too many options.  Eventually, due to low populations, many of those rentals will go away before too long.  With any hope, that is when WC will realize they have an issue.

why not just play on cross ark 5 officials?

they are EU servers, i hope they release an na cluster soon. 

however cross ark 5 officials have ORP

Theres players on there often those servers get close to full on weekends. 

Orp is about whos better at the active fighting, its much more fun, and caging the enemy is very strong, it takes them out of the fight, so those who say you cant raid a base with more members than you have online on orp are wrong, its a simple matter of getting them caged :) the fun part lol. 

1 hour ago, MikeLitorus said:

welp, if you go that way, then you will spend 100 hours playtime building it for it to be offlined in one hour or so. rocket spam is too easy man. 

static defences? you mean traps and stuff? they have no application without orp. even if they die to your trap, anything is cheap to blow up, even the entire trap lols. 

The op went the correct route for fun play in my opinion, building on official pvp is generally a waste of time. 

1. dosen't take long to build a base of that size so your wrong lmao.

2. static defenses metal walls 4x thick with 1000 metal spikes 400 foundations 100 stone behemoth gates and large bear traps everywhere.

3. stuff is cheap to blow up???????? lol you dnt even do math before you say stuff lmao can't believe people have the audacity to say stuff like this lmao.

1 metal wall = 10000 hp

cost 25 ingot 7 paste

cost to blow up 1 metal wall 

130 poly

110 ingot

160 paste 

200 gunpowder

50 crystal 

Cost to blow up 2x Metal wall

260 Poly 

220 ingot

320 Paste

400 Gunpowder

100 crystal 

you can makes walls up to 6x thick so again tell me how it is CHEAP???? to blow into a base? 

28 minutes ago, DownLikeSyndrome said:

1. dosen't take long to build a base of that size so your wrong lmao.

2. static defenses metal walls 4x thick with 1000 metal spikes 400 foundations 100 stone behemoth gates and large bear traps everywhere.

3. stuff is cheap to blow up???????? lol you dnt even do math before you say stuff lmao can't believe people have the audacity to say stuff like this lmao.

1 metal wall = 10000 hp

cost 25 ingot 7 paste

cost to blow up 1 metal wall 

130 poly

110 ingot

160 paste 

200 gunpowder

50 crystal 

Cost to blow up 2x Metal wall

260 Poly 

220 ingot

320 Paste

400 Gunpowder

100 crystal 

you can makes walls up to 6x thick so again tell me how it is CHEAP???? to blow into a base? 

you have to obtain all the farming dinos/ farm out all the industrial forge and chem bench to build quickly, i would use rockets since they have a better damage radius and i would only shoot your foundations, therefore 6x thick walls wont matter. 

to build the explosives i dont need the industrial stuff, just a fabricator, forge and pestle. 

it takes 7 rockets to destroy a metal foundation however if you have foundations around it all those will go with the addition of one more rocket. thats 9 foundations with 8-9 rockets and anything built on top of them goes with it. 

basically anything you make can be destroyed with about 100 rockets.. it doesn't take alot of math to prove that, its just a consequence of your base being supported on foundations, anything you try to "extra layer" on top gets destroyed with the foundations. 

its best to build either, just spread out vaults or 1x1 metal rooms. and either build(ive tried both on official) will get stomped once an alpha tribe on the pvp servers see it. 

so yes destruction is cheap, METAL behemoth gates take 4 c4 to destroy and chuncks of 9 foundations take 10 rockets. 

this is why i say it can only really be balenced with orp. Soo much easier to destroy than to build. 

1 minute ago, MikeLitorus said:

you have to obtain all the farming dinos/ farm out all the industrial forge and chem bench to build quickly, i would use rockets since they have a better damage radius and i would only shoot your foundations, therefore 6x thick walls wont matter. 

to build the explosives i dont need the industrial stuff, just a fabricator, forge and pestle. 

it takes 7 rockets to destroy a metal foundation however if you have foundations around it all those will go with the addition of one more rocket. thats 9 foundations with 8-9 rockets and anything built on top of them goes with it. 

basically anything you make can be destroyed with about 100 rockets.. it doesn't take alot of math to prove that, its just a consequence of your base being supported on foundations, anything you try to "extra layer" on top gets destroyed with the foundations. 

its best to build either, just spread out vaults or 1x1 metal rooms. and either build(ive tried both on official) will get stomped once an alpha tribe on the pvp servers see it. 

so yes destruction is cheap, behemoth gates take 4 c4 to destroy and chuncks of 9 foundations take 10 rockets. 

1. you can build quickly without industrial forge... and a chem bench?????? if u make cp in chem bench seek help.

2. the explosives are harder to build period.

Metal wall 

Ingots

Cp

Explosives

Ingots 

Cp 

Gunpowder

Crystal

Polymer.

3. you know you can stack foundations up to 3- 4 times right? 

gotta hit you with facts once again

cost to destroy 4 metal foundations

520 poly

550 ingot

800 paste

1000 gunpowder

250 crystal

doesn't count repairing the rocket launcher 

1- You will add on the server tame cap 
2- You will decrease the amount of materials they could usually gather
3- In case of an attack, you will be a hindrance to the defenders since you will most likely give the attacker all the stuff on your hands, which later can be used upon the alpha tribe
4- Some people just enjoy bullying
5- You might pose as a bob but you might secretly be an enemy
6- The more the player, more the lag.
These are the main reasons why an alpha tribe or an alliance wont allow u to build up on their established server.
Granted, some of them wont give a toss about you being on the server or not but it will definitely effect their gameplay as well. 2 main reasons come from the game itself while the other ones are purely personal. You might find acceptance in a server, if you have the will to keep trying. Survival is never easy. Big fish small fish metaphor is accurate in this case.

1 hour ago, DownLikeSyndrome said:

1. you can build quickly without industrial forge... and a chem bench?????? if u make cp in chem bench seek help.

2. the explosives are harder to build period.

Metal wall 

Ingots

Cp

Explosives

Ingots 

Cp 

Gunpowder

Crystal

Polymer.

3. you know you can stack foundations up to 3- 4 times right? 

gotta hit you with facts once again

cost to destroy 4 metal foundations

520 poly

550 ingot

800 paste

1000 gunpowder

250 crystal

doesn't count repairing the rocket launcher 

again anything "stacked"  in the game can just have the bottom destroyed 

go ahead stack 4 foundations, i can destroy it with 5 c4 or 7 rockets

cost to make  5 c4

300 gp

50 crystal

25 metal ingots

25cp

25hide(joke)

250 fiber(joke)

25poly 

25 electronics

cost to build the foundations

200 metal ingots

60 cp. 

and dont forget it will destroy anything above and around it. 

and lol "gotta hit me with the facts"

let me ask you  if I am raiding you why would i destroy four separate metal foundations with nothing on them(only case that the math you did satisfys) why not ignore those and destroy the base which ive already explained if you connect foundations , i can destroy 9 with 10 rockets or so. 

Ive done some pvp on accelerated servers where everything is built layered, it helps, but if they just go for the bottom its all wasted man. 

this is derailing the topic however, ive been there and done the overbuild idea on officials. It still got wrecked when i was offline.  to each there own i suppose, however my bases on orp servers are safe right now while im at work , and when it comes time for those to be raided ill get an epic battle, if i win, i get all the raiders loot and if i lose i lose the base which i can build as much or as little on as i want. :)

you will waste alot less time trying to find pvp on an orp server. 

1 hour ago, MikeLitorus said:

again anything "stacked"  in the game can just have the bottom destroyed 

go ahead stack 4 foundations, i can destroy it with 5 c4 or 7 rockets

cost to make  5 c4

300 gp

50 crystal

25 metal ingots

25cp

25hide(joke)

250 fiber(joke)

25poly 

25 electronics

cost to build the foundations

200 metal ingots

60 cp. 

and dont forget it will destroy anything above and around it. 

and lol "gotta hit me with the facts"

let me ask you  if I am raiding you why would i destroy four separate metal foundations with nothing on them(only case that the math you did satisfys) why not ignore those and destroy the base which ive already explained if you connect foundations , i can destroy 9 with 10 rockets or so. 

Ive done some pvp on accelerated servers where everything is built layered, it helps, but if they just go for the bottom its all wasted man. 

this is derailing the topic however, ive been there and done the overbuild idea on officials. It still got wrecked when i was offline.  to each there own i suppose, however my bases on orp servers are safe right now while im at work , and when it comes time for those to be raided ill get an epic battle, if i win, i get all the raiders loot and if i lose i lose the base which i can build as much or as little on as i want. :)

you will waste alot less time trying to find pvp on an orp server. 

cant destroy the last one unless the legs are poking out lol so have fun me and my tribe have tested this 

either way man... i feel like you haven't destroyed very much in the game yet, just wait till the explosives hit ya while your offline.  players can see and are very perceptive on where your base stuff actually is. If they come to your base with even just 50 c4 to place to cause mass destruction, i promise you wont like the results and will be more convinced that all the extra building is a waste of time.. they wont destroy your 1000 spikes or spread out foundations, they will destroy the base.  and btw the people your fighting can get a stack of 100 c4 on officials in less than an hour of farming, just one person, because of the assets they have as a tribe of 400 people. 

Archived