Blocking Dino Spawns or Making a Good Defense for a Stone Farm?

Hey, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get around a problem I have in Ragnarok. Here's the mission: 

I'm trying to build an automatic stone farm using Dodics. I set up a perimeter in a stone-rich area so the dodics can roam and farm without wandering too far away. I built with stone fence foundations and walls so hostile dinos can't get in and the fence foundations don't stop resources from spawning. The main problem is that hostile dinos can and do still spawn inside the wall along with the resources (just rocks, reallly).

I'm looking for a way to either block dino spawns in the wall without blocking the rocks from spawning or a way to effectively make sure my dodics aren't killed off by other dinos. I don't know if blocking just the spawns is possible but that would be the best option. I thought of having rexes follow each dodic around but I'm not sure how effective that will be long-term. The issue there is that the rexes might start to starve if they're left alone for a long time and don't have enough things to kill for food (I don't have the tech trough yet). 

Does anyone in the community have suggestions or possible experience with this? If so, I would love to hear any suggestions.

• Volunteer Moderator

Won't be effective. Doeds stop gathering by themselve once they are at 50% of their weight. They also won't gather while they are in stasis meaning that you need to stay around for them to do so. You will spend more time emptying them than farming yourself with a Golem or a good Mantis with hatchets. Either way, to answer your question, you cannot block wild spawns unless you also block resources. And even if you build a fence, your doeds will wander through it when re-rendering, etc.

15 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Won't be effective. Doeds stop gathering by themselve once they are at 50% of their weight. They also won't gather while they are in stasis meaning that you need to stay around for them to do so. You will spend more time emptying them than farming yourself with a Golem or a good Mantis with hatchets. Either way, to answer your question, you cannot block wild spawns unless you also block resources. And even if you build a fence, your doeds will wander through it when re-rendering, etc.

Well if this is true, I might just have to take the walls back to my base to keep building. Unfortunate but at least I have an efficient mule to take them back all at once and our server has S+ so I can just pick them all up.

I disagree. I have 3 wandering doeds stacked for weight all penned up. Passively, they're pretty good at gathering a bunch of stone. Yes, you will harvest faster by riding one yourself and harvesting, but if the pen is near your base and you're inside making bullets, gunpowder, armor, mating dinos, etc and they are one ange and harvesting, it does help quite a bit.

Archived