It's just a game

charles06

Yes all I see on here is people complaining about how wildcard needs to do this and do that and cry because they did this or did that. At the end of the day this is a game and it's not real life. The people at wildcard can't fix every problem you see or report in a hour or so because their people just like you and have a life. So stop crying and threating them about I'm going to quit playing ark because of this or that. I do see some people praising them about what they do right but their only human and aren't perfect. If you want to help wildcard fix the problems start as go fund me page and take up a collection and send it to them. Rant over now back to our previously scheduled show

1 minute ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I payed real money for said game however, so when the devs make a stupid decision which is too frequent anyways, I and others are going to keep calling them on it. Situations in life never improve by sticking ypur head in the sand and pretending it's not really there.

It's only a stupid decision in your opinion.. End of.. And I preface this with no I'm not a fanboi.. And it's so poop that I have to say that

1 hour ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I payed real money for said game however, so when the devs make a stupid decision which is too frequent anyways, I and others are going to keep calling them on it. Situations in life never improve by sticking ypur head in the sand and pretending it's not really there.

And I paid good money for all the game I have but at the end of the day it's a game. Get over it and quit crying! Every game is messed up and needs fixing

2 hours ago, charles06 said:

Yes all I see on here is people complaining about how wildcard needs to do this and do that and cry because they did this or did that. At the end of the day this is a game and it's not real life. The people at wildcard can't fix every problem you see or report in a hour or so because their people just like you and have a life. So stop crying and threating them about I'm going to quit playing ark because of this or that. I do see some people praising them about what they do right but their only human and aren't perfect. If you want to help wildcard fix the problems start as go fund me page and take up a collection and send it to them. Rant over now back to our previously scheduled show

If you go to a restaurant and you order a bowl of soup, then they bring it to you with a dollop of diarrhea floating in the soup most people are going to ask for a new bowl of soup.  

The Wild Card waiter "But sir the soup is among the most rich and flavorful dishes to originate from France, can't you simply eat around the diarrhea"

Fellow Forum Restaurant customer chimes in "Other restaurants on this block generally have diarrhea and urine in their soups, you should be grateful"

Another Customer chimes in "You should really understand that the soup at this place used to be 90% diarrhea and only 10% soup, so stop whining"

Me "I can see the leaky toilet pipe in the back that is dripping diarrhea into the soup container, can't you just patch it up?" 

Wild Card waiter "I tell you what we are gonna do for you, were gonna bring a whole new set of cutlery and a new bowl that looks slightly better, and we will swap this soup into the bowl for you"

Me "There is still that dollop of diarrhea in there, you just switched the bowl"

Everyone chimes in "You entitled piece of garbage, why don't you go eat diarrhea soup elsewhere"

Well I know the game is broken trust and believe me. But people complain about every freaking thing. It's a game yes I know it really needs some updating trust and believe but it won't get no better until they quit trying to cover up all the wounds with a band aid and actually do a complete game fix. That would take a bigger update than the 22GB TLC update. In retrospect all their doing is putting make up on a pig and trying to call it a woman and it's not. So I agree its broke but at the end of the day I can always quit playing and go to playing another game

10 minutes ago, charles06 said:

And I paid good money for all the game I have but at the end of the day it's a game. Get over it and quit crying! Every game is messed up and needs fixing

Who's crying in this thread? Seems your own post might be the closest to crying in the thread. I hate to break it to you and others but other people are always going to have different opinions. No one is obligated to like what you like or have the patience you think you have. If that reality offends you it's very very easy to simply not enter obviously negative threads, there are just as many positive threads. The 'what did you do in ark today?' thread is pretty nifty for those still playing this game.

I agree but I'm not crying I agree with points people are making but it's life it's not fair and stuff happens. I love reading the positive threads like the 1's you mentioned but I read about the turret limit and felt like posting this. This game has 1 of the biggest followings since it's release and it may be bigger than when Halo first came out. So I'm not complaining just playing Devil's Advocate. Besides How did you die on Ark form is the best 1 to read.  

8 hours ago, RipRavage said:

If you go to a restaurant and you order a bowl of soup, then they bring it to you with a dollop of diarrhea floating in the soup most people are going to ask for a new bowl of soup.  

The Wild Card waiter "But sir the soup is among the most rich and flavorful dishes to originate from France, can't you simply eat around the diarrhea"

Fellow Forum Restaurant customer chimes in "Other restaurants on this block generally have diarrhea and urine in their soups, you should be grateful"

Another Customer chimes in "You should really understand that the soup at this place used to be 90% diarrhea and only 10% soup, so stop whining"

Me "I can see the leaky toilet pipe in the back that is dripping diarrhea into the soup container, can't you just patch it up?" 

Wild Card waiter "I tell you what we are gonna do for you, were gonna bring a whole new set of cutlery and a new bowl that looks slightly better, and we will swap this soup into the bowl for you"

Me "There is still that dollop of diarrhea in there, you just switched the bowl"

Everyone chimes in "You entitled piece of garbage, why don't you go eat diarrhea soup elsewhere"

Sorry but this is a poop analogy :S Games are WAY harder to make than soup... I can make soup.

14 hours ago, charles06 said:

I agree with you 100%. While im not a dev fanboi, those who criticise them without a logical counter argument and instead rely on name calling, hysterics, and an 'I quit!' Do more harm than good, because it makes the devs just ignore posts like that....and the community in general. 

A rational, mature response with a well thought argument against a change will get the attention of the devs, and even if it doesnt change it will help the devs and community work together. The devs might ask us for our opinions more if we could respond like intelligent adults. 

It maybe just a game but it costs real money, real hours of peoples lives. Not only that but it is the devs life, literally their cash cow. If they ignore the problems in their cash cow the milk is going to be sour and people will learn they do not want milk from wildcards cow anymore, so they will avoid any and all milk from any cows from wildcard in the future. 

10 hours ago, ArkRage said:

I agree with you to a certain extent. With that being said, £50 for a game that is in the ps store, trailer with mutliple people doing all sorts of things, all smooth and playable is not what you get. Not even close. That's what most people are pissy over. The game isn't in early access anymore and STILL has performance issues, but rather than work on that they release £16 dlc.. It's not about the game anymore it's about the fact that people are being ripped off. Yes, no one is forcing anyone blah blah blah, but when you go to the ps store, or any game store to buy a game you don't stop and think "oh, i better go google this game to see if it actually works before buying it," because you trust that it works, especially with a £50 price tag. ? 

Yeah, this isn't new, while the game was still in early access and before it was optimized they thought it would be proper to spend resources on producing scorched earth so they could net another 20 bucks.  I think Scorched Earth is hands down their best work, but that does not excuse them diverting resources to produce that before focusing on optimizing the game.  It used to take me over half an hour to load into a map back in the day, and I had a pretty decent rig.  They need to focus on fine tuning and optimizing  the damn game before trying sell new expansion packs.  The game still has a ton of bugs that it has had since the early access days that they just refuse to look at, yet they have time to develop all this new content for DLC.  Beacons still float into the ground, dinos vanish from the obelisk when downloading them, creatures occasionally still fall through foundations when outside of render distance, how has this stuff not been fixed yet.  I feel for you console players, they are really screwing you guys hard.

On 3/3/2018 at 11:41 AM, charles06 said:

We did have a go fund me page for them. It was called early access. We payed them money to help create this game. They have changed many core aspects of this game but, over all the biggest lash back they get is from pvp nerfs. They have had some serious problems to deal with and for the most part they do very well at addressing them. However they have drastically failed hard on a couple aspects. The server migration phase one was a massive failure, They destroyed servers with only 6 days notice. After they promised and like I said Promised they will do every thing they possibly can to protect there players and that only severely low population severs would be destroyed. They gave a estimate of 10-15% and turn out to destory 1/3 of the servers and mine being one (1014) had over 30 players on daily plus about 100-200 addtional players on or visting the server weekly yet it was deamed low pop.

This turret nerf is just ridiculous however. You truely can't defend a base with 100 turrets and they are well aware of this however it is used to fix servers from crashing do to the mass amounts of bullets flying out and crashing the server. This is again just a case of lazy devs who would rather ruin a vital aspect of pvp rather then spend the money to optimize the game further to handle the stress.

They have had mass support from fans and yet they lie to are faces on both of these events. They claim they are for the fans and truly want input from fans  yet they ruin aspects of this game just for the money. I understand they are a business and they do have a right to make decisions that impact there money in a positive way. However hiding and covering up how they cut corners on something they should have adressed is what has gotten them in hot water with many of there die hard fans who have 1000s of hour put into the game. 

I don't know what your posts purpose was if you where tired of trolls on here and wanted to be a white knight but, there is some very valid reasons to be upset with wildcards actions.

9 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

It maybe just a game but it costs real money, real hours of peoples lives. Not only that but it is the devs life, literally their cash cow. If they ignore the problems in their cash cow the milk is going to be sour and people will learn they do not want milk from wildcards cow anymore, so they will avoid any and all milk from any cows from wildcard in the future. 

Exactly, there is absolutely no shortage of other games to play. Too many of WC's decisions have failed to make me feelloyal to them.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, charles06 said:

Noo this is for all those people who live and die by this game. I love the game of course it has it faults but all games have faults. I just get sick and tired of people crying about this and that.

how dare people give their opinion of a game on that games forum that exists for people to discuss the game on. i mean the nerve of these people

On 3/3/2018 at 11:41 AM, charles06 said:

There are many unreasonable video game players who in many cases seem incapable of differentiating between "Stupid decision" and "Not to my personal tastes." While it's perfectly reasonable to be frustrated at Wildcard's mistakes (there's more than enough to go around), not every customer takes every change that they don't like as a personal attack, gives the forums the finger, and lashes out at anyone who even begins to suggest a reasonable level of constructive objectivity. It's getting a little out of control...and with some forum members, a bit concerning.

The reality is that millions of people pay real money for things they don't end up liking every single day. Not all of them use the product for hundreds or thousands of hours, and then spend the better part of two years compulsively and mercilessly mocking the company that made the product and attacking its employees on a daily or weekly basis.  There are irrational customers in every industry, but the video game industry is particularly affected when it comes to online rpg/multiplayer games and the type of player-base they draw.

41 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Not all of them use the product for hundreds or thousands of hours, and then spend the better part of two years compulsively and mercilessly mocking the company that made the product and attacking its employees on a daily or weekly basis.

This is where the problem lies.  When people invest hundreds of hours into something, even if it's a video game, that's real time out of real lives spent.  The saying "Time is Money" applies here.  That time could have been spent doing anything else, but they chose to spend it here.  When, after doing so, the company that made the game chooses to make a decision that takes one of the most fun aspects introduced into the game and drive it into the ground (the glider nerf.  Not debating whether it was needed.  I feel it was, but not to the extent that happened), they feel cheated out of not only their money, but their time as well.  Those with the biggest voices on these forums seem to be those who have devoted the most time into aspects of the game.  It's pretty easy to tell what type of player a person is by their first post in a topic.  Outside of PvP, the ones who are the most long-time, die-hard players seem to be the ones who get the most upset about changes that dramatically negatively effect the game. 

Expression of dissent isn't a bad thing.  When someone expresses dissent, it allows the target (in this case Wild Card) the chance to rectify the situation or at least offer adequate explanation.  Wild Card, being a company whose revenue comes from sales and not residuals, should strive to put its best foot forward.  The best marketing they have is their existing player base.  Their goal should be to make the game that would have their whole player base talking about it in such a positive light that everyone wants to buy the game.  I used to, back in the very early days. 

This is my segue into the current situation, though.  Wild Card has a track record of doing the wrong thing and doing things wrong.  In the early days, when the game was "early access", the devs had the prime opportunity of using their early access audience as a test group that literally paid to test the game.  Instead of doing that, however, they simply used it as a means of capital gain and nothing else.  Bugs that were prevalent then are still prevalent now compounded with more.  The player base has cried for major bug fixes that haven't come.  Some have, sure, but there are serious game-breaking bugs that have been present since the earliest of days.  Alongside that, Wild Card has made changes to the game that seem poorly thought out at best.  The player base came together on these changes and offered suggestions on how to make the changes work.  It feels as if all of these suggestions were ignored.  This has been Wild Card's MO, and the reason why those with the most time investment have turned to cynicism and disbelief.  Few of us believe that any changes made by Wild Card will improve anything.  Our jaded reactions now are taken as the OP described, but it's simply the result of repeated abuse, as it were.

With all that said,  I would love to see Wild Card turn a new leaf.  It would be amazing to see the devs dive deep into the forums and break this disconnect that has been here since the early days.  Actually sit down, listen to the player base, and understand what it is we want.  The devs' vision of ARK was grandiose, and they've done an OK job trying to reach that goal, but their vehicle has broken down along the way.  There are plenty of players with good ideas willing to help in any way possible to get it back and going how it should.

52 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

This is where the problem lies.  When people invest hundreds of hours into something, even if it's a video game, that's real time out of real lives spent.  The saying "Time is Money" applies here.  That time could have been spent doing anything else, but they chose to spend it here.  When, after doing so, the company that made the game chooses to make a decision that takes one of the most fun aspects introduced into the game and drive it into the ground (the glider nerf.  Not debating whether it was needed.  I feel it was, but not to the extent that happened), they feel cheated out of not only their money, but their time as well.  Those with the biggest voices on these forums seem to be those who have devoted the most time into aspects of the game.  It's pretty easy to tell what type of player a person is by their first post in a topic.  Outside of PvP, the ones who are the most long-time, die-hard players seem to be the ones who get the most upset about changes that dramatically negatively effect the game. 

Expression of dissent isn't a bad thing.  When someone expresses dissent, it allows the target (in this case Wild Card) the chance to rectify the situation or at least offer adequate explanation.  Wild Card, being a company whose revenue comes from sales and not residuals, should strive to put its best foot forward.  The best marketing they have is their existing player base.  Their goal should be to make the game that would have their whole player base talking about it in such a positive light that everyone wants to buy the game.  I used to, back in the very early days. 

This is my segue into the current situation, though.  Wild Card has a track record of doing the wrong thing and doing things wrong.  In the early days, when the game was "early access", the devs had the prime opportunity of using their early access audience as a test group that literally paid to test the game.  Instead of doing that, however, they simply used it as a means of capital gain and nothing else.  Bugs that were prevalent then are still prevalent now compounded with more.  The player base has cried for major bug fixes that haven't come.  Some have, sure, but there are serious game-breaking bugs that have been present since the earliest of days.  Alongside that, Wild Card has made changes to the game that seem poorly thought out at best.  The player base came together on these changes and offered suggestions on how to make the changes work.  It feels as if all of these suggestions were ignored.  This has been Wild Card's MO, and the reason why those with the most time investment have turned to cynicism and disbelief.  Few of us believe that any changes made by Wild Card will improve anything.  Our jaded reactions now are taken as the OP described, but it's simply the result of repeated abuse, as it were.

With all that said,  I would love to see Wild Card turn a new leaf.  It would be amazing to see the devs dive deep into the forums and break this disconnect that has been here since the early days.  Actually sit down, listen to the player base, and understand what it is we want.  The devs' vision of ARK was grandiose, and they've done an OK job trying to reach that goal, but their vehicle has broken down along the way.  There are plenty of players with good ideas willing to help in any way possible to get it back and going how it should.

You're ignoring what I said to instead demonstrate what I described. You're asserting that the devs aren't listening, except they are...not only to the forums, but other social media outlets as well. You're wildly exaggerating the extent of the issues with the game and confusing outlandish rants for legitimate complaints and criticisms.

For example:

It feels as if all of these suggestions were ignored.  This has been Wild Card's MO, and the reason why those with the most time investment have turned to cynicism and disbelief.  Few of us believe that any changes made by Wild Card will improve anything. Our jaded reactions now are taken as the OP described, but it's simply the result of repeated abuse, as it were.

Ignored? Repeated abuse? Your cynicism, disbelief and jaded reactions are a result of being ignored and repeated abuse? You know what I have to say about that?

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

There are many unreasonable video game players who in many cases seem incapable of differentiating between "Stupid decision" and "Not to my personal tastes." While it's perfectly reasonable to be frustrated at Wildcard's mistakes (there's more than enough to go around), not every customer takes every change that they don't like as a personal attack, gives the forums the finger, and lashes out at anyone who even begins to suggest a reasonable level of constructive objectivity. It's getting a little out of control...and with some forum members, a bit concerning.

The reality is that millions of people pay real money for things they don't end up liking every single day. Not all of them use the product for hundreds or thousands of hours, and then spend the better part of two years compulsively and mercilessly mocking the company that made the product and attacking its employees on a daily or weekly basis.  There are irrational customers in every industry, but the video game industry is particularly affected when it comes to online rpg/multiplayer games and the type of player-base they draw.

There's a saying "Actions speak louder than words."  What the devs have demonstrated is a prime example of such.  I also have far from "ranted".  In all of my expressions of dissent, I remain calm and collected.  I also always state exactly what I dislike and why.  I try to remain as objective as possible.  You act as though all dissent is unreasonable.  If you suggest that the devs haven't consistently ignored the player base, then provide examples otherwise.  There are a handful of things that have come about by devs listening to suggestions, but those are few and far between.  On the other hand, there are numerous cases of the devs blatantly ignoring the player base entirely.  With the flier nerf, we have been calling for physics akin to the griffin's descent mechanics for all fliers.  I think only a few people have asked for a diving attack like the griffin, but everyone asking for something wants the increased speed on descent.  This has gone completely ignored.  They haven't even graced us with an address on whether or not they see it as a reasonable suggestion.  This is one example of many.  You suggest that I'm being unreasonable for expecting that a company which should strive for customer satisfaction provide some kind of communication toward customers who express their dissent?  If so, then I challenge your wisdom on this matter and many others.

Archived