Ankylo/Doed tame

ToXiN

Yea after imprint = 282.6% , but as you can see on the right I made directories to write down its original stats before imprint, that's the stats after gestation completed. 275.2%

The parents only 247 and 256.5, the female I haven't leveled , the male I have but I also take notes on its original stats.

edit :

The food stats is also higher

Mom Doed = 14282

Dad Doed = 9462

Offspring Doed = 15180 (before imprint, after imprint = 15613.7)

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Yea after imprint = 282.6% , but as you can see on the right I made directories to write down its original stats before imprint, that's the stats after gestation completed. 275.2%

The parents only 247 and 256.5, the female I haven't leveled , the male I have but I also take notes on its original stats.

That's normal. The baby inherited 24 points melee from its mother. 24 points into melee is 220% melee wild. Upon taming, it receive a melee multiplier bonus that is affected by the taming effectiveness. Your baby still have 24 points, and only saw its bonuses rounded to 100% effectiveness as mentioned above. If you do the math, you will realize that your female was tamed with approximately 55% effectiveness. Check out the following tool: Smart Breeding.

I have that app, Ark Smart Breeding, I use it to take notes on other dinoes I tamed before I started making notes on their stats using directories.

It's weird though, my female doed has lower food and damage than that showed on that app you screenshot-ed, but those stats were exactly inherited by the offspring. As you can see from my screenshot, I haven't even leveled this female doed and its original stats are shown there. 14282 food, 256.5% melee dmg lol.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I have that app, Ark Smart Breeding, I use it to take notes on other dinoes I tamed before I started making notes on their stats using directories.

It's weird though, my female doed has lower food and damage than that showed on that app you screenshot-ed, but those stats were exactly inherited by the offspring. As you can see from my screenshot, I haven't even leveled this female doed and its original stats are shown there. 14282 food, 256.5% melee dmg lol.

Normal, because food also receive a % bonus applied when tamed. The mother of your baby has lower stats because she only received 54.64% if her taming bonuses but her baby received them 100%. Take in example you down a wild creature with 100% melee and that specie receive 10% melee bonus. If you tame it with 50% effectiveness, it will have 105% melee but its baby will get 110%. Now if you tame it with 75%, it will have 107.5% and its baby will still have 110%. Now if you tame it with 100%, then it will have 110% and its baby will also have 110%. Basically, the taming effectiveness affects the percentage of the applied bonus multipliers.

As for using folders, I never liked that for the reasons I gave in that thread:

On 11/1/2017 at 8:47 AM, invincibleqc said:

I mean I'm not recommending to create folders into your dinos inventory in order to keep track of their stats. And that, for multiple reasons:

• If you upload a creature, the folders are deleted.
  • When you get new mutations, you need to find the parents and check their folders to know what stat got mutated (which is redundant).

On the other hand, naming them based on their stats ensure that the info is directly displayed in the ancestor tree. You don't have to find the parents to compare stats and you don't have to worry in case you upload them; which can be quite often if you abuse the mechanic to roll lower breeding cooldown (for example, if one of your female roll 1d20h timer, upload then download it into your transmitter/obelisk and it will have chance to roll lower so you gain few hours -- pro tip! ;))

Overall, I'm not recommending folders but that doesn't mean this is bad practice. Everyone is free to use whatever scheme they want and I just thought I would point it out.

And I always preferred using the following scheme:

On 9/28/2017 at 1:10 PM, invincibleqc said:

I use Smart Breeding to extract the points and I name my dinos with the following scheme:

<M/F><hp>-<stam>-<oxy>-<food>-<weight>-<melee>-<speed>-<markers>

For example, my lastest Theriz  melee mutation is named F51-28-30-21-29-79-34-15 for the following stats:

450050sts.png

When the baby hatched, I was able to check its ancestors and figure out what stats got passed on and what stat got a new mutation by extracting its stats and compare the values of the parents name:

937729ancest.png

I was able to see that baby had 79 pts melee (highest parent was its dad with 77 pts) and 1 extra marker (from 14 to 15 total) so it was the winner. And when they don't have a new mutation in the stat I'm looking for... then well...

7D11350B2050B08F825F67505E00D310D24E1DC0

When a creature has over 20 markers (matrilineal and patrilineal combined) I simply add ++ at the end so I know it is dirty and cannot mutate further if not mated with a clean one.

PS: Sorry for late response, I don't receive notifications when not quoted or @'ed. :)

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Normal, because food also receive a % bonus applied when tamed. The mother of your baby has lower stats because she only received 54.64% if her taming bonuses but her baby received them 100%. Take in example you down a wild creature with 100% melee and that specie receive 10% melee bonus. If you tame it with 50% effectiveness, it will have 105% melee but its baby will get 110%. Now if you tame it with 75%, it will have 107.5% and its baby will still have 110%. Now if you tame it with 100%, then it will have 110% and its baby will also have 110%. Basically, the taming effectiveness affects the percentage of the applied bonus multipliers.

As for using folders, I never liked that for the reasons I gave in that thread:

And I always preferred using the following scheme:

PS: Sorry for late response, I don't receive notifications when not quoted or @'ed. :)

no prob, a forum is a delayed conversation, but yea I shld have quoted or used mention to send notification to you.

I still don't quite understand about %bonus when tamed, I thought all dinoes that undergo taming process will get higher stats through Domesticated Level which is determined from Taming Effectiveness. If this %bonus is different from domesticated level then a high TE is still the most important to maintain as high as possible, and this is just minor.

I haven't played that far in breeding and aim for mutations, at first I thought the most important aspect of breeding was only for rider bonus as the imprinter. Now recently I just learned that imprint also makes the BASE stat higher,  which I thought was only a one time bonus number excluded from the base stat, but turns out that it's scaled with percentage for every level up.

I just noticed it recently on my ravager, it has 900 weight, per level is 4% so every level up = +36, but the offspring after imprint has 1050 weight, per level is 4%, every level = +42 weight. I just found this out recently. Now I see the bigger picture in breeding. A bred dino can actually be stronger by MUCH after a few generations, as long as we keep getting a good breeding stock with lucky stats especially if it excels in one stat, that's what a wild one actually useful for. Really interesting.

It is very disappointing that Wildcard does a poor job in informing that to new players, I only found all that only after playing the game for thousand hours. Can also be said that the player isn't hardcore enough to find it out sooner though, haha. Other than that, it's a shame that Wildcard doesn't give a built-in tool to keep track on our dinoes, because breeding is one of the core gameplay elements but we have to rely on 3rd party software like Ark Smart Breeding while it shouldnt be that hard for the devs to make such tool ingame, since they know all of the formula used. Maybe because it's too technical and involved math and can scare away casual players, but once players find this out, they'll only want to delve deeper.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I still don't quite understand about %bonus when tamed, I thought all dinoes that undergo taming process will get higher stats through Domesticated Level which is determined from Taming Effectiveness. If this %bonus is different from domesticated level then a high TE is still the most important to maintain as high as possible, and this is just minor.

The taming effectiveness affect 2 things; the bonus levels added and the multiplier bonuses. A tamed creature will receive up to 50% of its wild level at 100% effectiveness. So for example, a level 150 wild would receive 75 extra levels with 100% effectiveness, etc. Then there is 2 kind of bonuses applied to stats; one that gets added no matter what and then a multiplier that is affected by the taming effectiveness. If you take a look at the wiki, you can see that a Doed will receive 14% and then get 17.6% applied:

zCTZzdw.png

Taking your female for example, she had 220% wild. Received +14% so she was at 234%. 17.6% of 234 is 41.184% meaning that 234 + 41.184 = 275.184 rounded to 275.2% with 100% effectiveness. Now, since she tamed with 256.5% melee, you know that she only received 22.5% of the 41.184 she would have received at perfect tame. 22.5 is 54.63% of 41.184 so she was tamed with 54.64% of her bonuses. Same thing for food, you can see they receives 15% multiplier bonus applied which is also affected by the taming effectiveness. I'm bad to explain things so if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

21 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I haven't played that far in breeding and aim for mutations, at first I thought the most important aspect of breeding was only for rider bonus as the imprinter. Now recently I just learned that imprint also makes the BASE stat higher,  which I thought was only a one time bonus number excluded from the base stat, but turns out that it's scaled with percentage for every level up.

I just noticed it recently on my ravager, it has 900 weight, per level is 4% so every level up = +36, but the offspring after imprint has 1050 weight, per level is 4%, every level = +42 weight. I just found this out recently. Now I see the bigger picture in breeding. A bred dino can actually be stronger by MUCH after a few generations, as long as we keep getting a good breeding stock with lucky stats especially if it excels in one stat, that's what a wild one actually useful for. Really interesting.

Yes, some stats receive up to 20% bonus with 100% imprinting.

21 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

It is very disappointing that Wildcard does a poor job in informing that to new players, I only found all that only after playing the game for thousand hours. Can also be said that the player isn't hardcore enough to find it out sooner though, haha. Other than that, it's a shame that Wildcard doesn't give a built-in tool to keep track on our dinoes, because breeding is one of the core gameplay elements but we have to rely on 3rd party software like Ark Smart Breeding while it shouldnt be that hard for the devs to make such tool ingame, since they know all of the formula used. Maybe because it's too technical and involved math and can scare away casual players, but once players find this out, they'll only want to delve deeper.

This is a survival game, they are not holding our hands by design. :P

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

The taming effectiveness affect 2 things; the bonus levels added and the multiplier bonuses. A tamed creature will receive up to 50% of its wild level at 100% effectiveness. So for example, a level 150 wild would receive 75 extra levels with 100% effectiveness, etc. Then there is 2 kind of bonuses applied to stats; one that gets added no matter what and then a multiplier that is affected by the taming effectiveness. If you take a look at the wiki, you can see that a Doed will receive 14% and then get 17.6% applied:

zCTZzdw.png

Taking your female for example, she had 220% wild. Received +14% so she was at 234%. 17.6% of 234 is 41.184% meaning that 234 + 41.184 = 275.184 rounded to 275.2% with 100% effectiveness. Now, since she tamed with 256.5% melee, you know that she only received 22.5% of the 41.184 she would have received at perfect tame. 22.5 is 54.63% of 41.184 so she was tamed with 54.64% of her bonuses. Same thing for food, you can see they receives 15% multiplier bonus applied which is also affected by the taming effectiveness. I'm bad to explain things so if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

Yes, some stats receive up to 20% bonus with 100% imprinting.

This is a survival game, they are not holding our hands by design. :P

That's perfect calculation even until the decimal. I think I get it now, I didn't know about that taming bonus, I thought all bonus stat came from Domesticated level from TE and never bother to do a calculation. In the end, TE is still the most important.

If all those in the wiki and site like dododex fully researched by players, then in the first few months after the game was out, noone knew how many arrows needed to take down a dino, how much food it would need, etc. Amazing how the tools have grown this far. After all that, it should be time for the devs to provide ingame tools for at least keep records of our dino. That will help our dinoes to have a good name above its head lol instead of numbers.  

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

That's perfect calculation even until the decimal. I think I get it now, I didn't know about that taming bonus, I thought all bonus stat came from Domesticated level from TE and never bother to do a calculation. In the end, TE is still the most important.

It is, especially for the bonus levels.

1 hour ago, DonaldDuck said:

If all those in the wiki and site like dododex fully researched by players, then in the first few months after the game was out, noone knew how many arrows needed to take down a dino, how much food it would need, etc. Amazing how the tools have grown this far. After all that, it should be time for the devs to provide ingame tools for at least keep records of our dino. That will help our dinoes to have a good name above its head lol instead of numbers.  

Don't give players too much credits, the data is all included in the DevKit.:P

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

It is, especially for the bonus levels.

Don't give players too much credits, the data is all included in the DevKit.:P

Lol I thought it was collective infos gathered by players. Anyway thanks for the infos, if ever I need help understanding things maybe mutation in the future I know where to go :D

It would be nice if they added something that worked similar to mutton. I would like it if they had you use veggie cakes the same way but at 3x taming speed vs 5x for kibble. On 1x a 150 Anky takes ~6hrs and if they did the 3x for veggie cakes then that would take it down to about ~2hrs and would still be ~1hr for kibble. That would make a lot of sense honestly

@invincibleqc I have another question regarding my doed's stats. So after you broke down the stats using Ark Smart Breeder , and using your format of naming dino <M/F><hp>-<stam>-<oxy>-<food>-<weight>-<melee>-<speed>-<markers> , it's like this F 34-22-23-34-26-24-26-?(what is markers)  

Seems like stats other than HP/Food/MeleeDmg are all static pre-tame and post-tame.  All I need to do is using the formula => Base+(WildLvlupPoints x IncreasePerLvWild)

Stam 22 , Base 300, increase per lv wild = 30 , so pre-tame and post-tame is the same = 300 + 22*30 = 960

Oxy 23 , Base 150, increase per lv wild = 15 ,  so pre-tame and post-tame is the same = 150 + 23*15 = 495

Weight 26, Base 250, increase per lv wild = 5 ,   so pre-tame and post-tame is the same = 250 + 26*5 = 380

Speed 26, wild dont add speed and considered as wasted points

These stats have different formula for pre-tame and post-tame : 

Melee 24 , Base 100, increase per level wild = 5, so pre tame=100+24*5 = 220 , post tame = (220+14) * (1+TE%*17.6%) so 256.5 for TE54.6% or 275.2 for TE100%.

Food 34, Base 3000, increase per level wild = 300, so pre tame = 3000 + 34*300 = 13200 , post tame gets 15% bonus so =13200 * (1+TE%*15%) = 14282 if 54.6%TE or 15180 if TE 100%.

------------------

TL DR ; you can ignore the upper part of this post, I am only confused about the HP stat, because the result doesn't match.

If using the formula like all other stats, it's like this :

HP 34 , Base 850, increase per level wild = 170, so pre-tame is supposed to be 850+34*170 = 6630, while post tame has +0.07 point then multiplied by 90% so 6630.07 * 0.9 = 5967.1 , it doesn't match.

Could you please explain the calculation for the HP part  ?

Now I'm sure TE doesn't matter for breeding, it only matters for the dino being tamed if it is going to be used, but not if it's for breeding stock purpose

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

@invincibleqc I have another question regarding my doed's stats. So after you broke down the stats using Ark Smart Breeder , and using your format of naming dino <M/F><hp>-<stam>-<oxy>-<food>-<weight>-<melee>-<speed>-<markers> , it's like this F 34-22-23-34-26-24-26-?(what is markers) 

The markers are basically the matrilineal + patrilineal mutations count. So if you have 3/20 matrilineal and 6/20 patrilineal, it would be -9 so you know that you can still mutate and I just put -++ if the total markers is higher than 20 so you know it cannot mutate further unless it is mating a clean one.

5 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

TL DR ; you can ignore the upper part of this post, I am only confused about the HP stat, because the result doesn't match.

If using the formula like all other stats, it's like this :

HP 34 , Base 850, increase per level wild = 170, so pre-tame is supposed to be 850+34*170 = 6630, while post tame has +0.07 point then multiplied by 90% so 6630.07 * 0.9 = 5967.1 , it doesn't match.

Could you please explain the calculation for the HP part  ?

The following calculation is correct:

12 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

However, you have an Aberrant version and Aberrant creatures all receives an HP nerf of 4% their regular counterpart would have. (5967.1 / 100) * 96 = 5,728.416 rounded to 5,728.4.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The markers are basically the matrilineal + patrilineal mutations count. So if you have 3/20 matrilineal and 6/20 patrilineal, it would be -9 so you know that you can still mutate and I just put -++ if the total markers is higher than 20 so you know it cannot mutate further unless it is mating a clean one.

The following calculation is correct:

However, you have an Aberrant version and Aberrant creatures all receives an HP nerf of 4% their regular counterpart would have. (5967.1 / 100) * 96 = 5,728.416 rounded to 5,728.4.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh that explains it. :D THANKS

Makes me wonder, does Doedicurus really get it's HP lowered after tamed ? so after knocking out this one that I use as example,  its HP was actually 6630 -4% , then got reduced after tamed ?  I don't remember and usually don't care much about doed's hp but now I'm curious.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Makes me wonder, does Doedicurus really get it's HP lowered after tamed ? so after knocking out this one that I use as example,  its HP was actually 6630 -4% , then got reduced after tamed ?  I don't remember and usually don't care much about doed's hp but now I'm curious.

You can't tell, really. Because you cannot extract how many points it had rolled into health before the post-tame levels has been generated. For example, if it had 25 points into health, then rolled an extra 9 from its bonus levels. But if it had 34 points wild, and receives no bonus (0% effectiveness) it would indeed have 6,630.0 that would gets nerfed to 5,967.1 (-4% for Aberrant...).

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

You can't tell, really. Because you cannot extract how many points it had rolled into health before the post-tame levels has been generated. For example, if it had 25 points into health, then rolled an extra 9 from its bonus levels. But if it had 34 points wild, and receives no bonus (0% effectiveness) it would indeed have 6,630.0 that would gets nerfed to 5,967.1 (-4% for Aberrant...).

That generated post-tame levels makes me wonder now whether it is added because the stats for HP, Food and Dmg are also boosted by the time taming is completed or whether it is acting as wild points. If it acts as wild points then TE still matters then, but seems like it doesn't . I'll just take notes and compare the next time I'm taming something.

-edit-

Made this comparison for other thread and need confirmation for myself here, turns out TE DOES MATTER ! geez I'm changing like twice from matter to not matter but now it's final, TE does matter. Also the HP is indeed lowered from pre tame to post tame, this is the first time I noticed tamed dino got lowered HP. I don't usually pay attention to it.

5ab52cd7a37b3_TestDoedcopy.thumb.jpg.7d0be3734ca3939c4cd38e1b7231e023.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
15 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

That generated post-tame levels makes me wonder now whether it is added because the stats for HP, Food and Dmg are also boosted by the time taming is completed or whether it is acting as wild points. If it acts as wild points then TE still matters then, but seems like it doesn't . I'll just take notes and compare the next time I'm taming something.

-edit-

Made this comparison for other thread and need confirmation for myself here, turns out TE DOES MATTER ! geez I'm changing like twice from matter to not matter but now it's final, TE does matter. Also the HP is indeed lowered from pre tame to post tame, this is the first time I noticed tamed dino got lowered HP. I don't usually pay attention to it.

Yes, the TE affects all the multiplier bonuses (the ones that are in the "Mult" column).

Archived