Ankylo/Doed tame

ToXiN

I'm sure this has been asked for, but could not find in the search, probably because it was a while back.
I'm also pretty sure, I know the answer for this, but that would be extremely dumb.

My question is:
How do you tame an Anky/Doed with kibble on Aberration?
I saw no Dilos, I'm positive there are no Dilos on aberration. Taming with only berries would be a really dumb decision/overlook by the devs, especially since aberration is out for quite some time now.

1 hour ago, Dreadnaught said:

3 hours on the weekend, if that too tough for you settle for a lower level one.  Not everything has to be easy to get.

That's besides the point. The point is they intentionally evaded adding in the kibble for the doeds on Abberation which puts all Abberation players at a disadvantage to players on other servers taming and breeding their doeds.

"Oh you bought our DLC and are supporting the game by doing so? Well let's just screw you over more so that players playing our free content have stronger dinos."

+1 to poor game design with kibble in mind. Fixable, but its been dragged out to a point where it's laughable.

Still love the game though.

18 hours ago, WolfBrink said:

That's besides the point. The point is they intentionally evaded adding in the kibble for the doeds on Abberation which puts all Abberation players at a disadvantage to players on other servers taming and breeding their doeds.

"Oh you bought our DLC and are supporting the game by doing so? Well let's just screw you over more so that players playing our free content have stronger dinos."

+1 to poor game design with kibble in mind. Fixable, but its been dragged out to a point where it's laughable.

Still love the game though.

How are you at any disadvantage on the aberration map?  No one can import regular dinos so the only ones you can compare to on that map are other aberrant variants.  If you are comparing to non aberrant variants then consider the higher base damage of the aberrant versions as well as the cosmetic glow but it seems pretty obvious they didnt want them to just be the same easy tame, if they did the aberrant versions would completely replace the standards ones just based on the higher damage and you would have folks without aberration crying foul.  And what free content are you referring to?  Unless they were giving the base game away for free at some point im not aware of all of the content is paid for.  I will agree with the majority of players that the kibble system has needed a rework for a long time.

11 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

How are you at any disadvantage on the aberration map?  No one can import regular dinos so the only ones you can compare to on that map are other aberrant variants.  If you are comparing to non aberrant variants then consider the higher base damage of the aberrant versions as well as the cosmetic glow but it seems pretty obvious they didnt want them to just be the same easy tame, if they did the aberrant versions would completely replace the standards ones just based on the higher damage and you would have folks without aberration crying foul.  And what free content are you referring to?  Unless they were giving the base game away for free at some point im not aware of all of the content is paid for.  I will agree with the majority of players that the kibble system has needed a rework for a long time.

So you want to say the small % in damage Increase (mixed with a health decrease) on the abberant versions is equal to having an extra 34 levels that all the regular anky and doeds get on regular maps? If so you're way off. Players on Abberation have to literally win the lotto to get better harvesters than players on other maps. The disadvantage being if you want to play on another map and bring your ankys and doeds it's pointless. You're so much more likely to find better on other maps.

As for free content, I was talking about Ragnarok. The game isn't free, some content is to everybody. Where some of us pitch in more for new content. Only as I said, the new content contains weaker harvesters. Sorry, but unless you breed a lot of damage muts, the small % in damage increase does not make up for a 6 hour tame, AND losing 34 levels.

If they implemented some sort of new vegetable only native to abberation that met a middle ground where we lost 10-15 levels, but the tame only took 1-2 hours everyone would be happy. It wouldn't replace the normal versions, and would equal them out more. This all goes back to what I said. Poor design when there are obviously options.

But I guess we all have our own 2c.

10 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

Should at least provide RAW MUTTON equivalent for HERBIVORES. 

Other expansion like Scorched Earth also doesn't have dilo.

For a long time now I always suggested this, but devs do not care.

Carnivores have 2 higher tier taming food than herbivores (Prime meat and Mutton).

Carnivore - Raw meat -----> Prime meat ------> Mutton -------> Kibble
Herbivore - Berries ----------> Oh poop -------------> Oh poop -------> Kibble

Herbivore/Carnivore comparison:

LVL 150 Ankylo          - 6hrs 23mins (berry) / 1hr 16mins (kibble)

LVL 150 Argentavis   - 6hrs 22mins (raw meat) / 2hrs 8 mins (raw prime meat) / 1hr 43 mins (Raw mutton) / 1hr 19 mins (kibble)

The whole taming/kibble/any other aspect of the game (xp gain/crafting) is extremely unbalanced and ignored. Devs are too busy to think of new paid DLC ideas.

11 hours ago, WolfBrink said:

So you want to say the small % in damage Increase (mixed with a health decrease) on the abberant versions is equal to having an extra 34 levels that all the regular anky and doeds get on regular maps? If so you're way off. Players on Abberation have to literally win the lotto to get better harvesters than players on other maps. The disadvantage being if you want to play on another map and bring your ankys and doeds it's pointless. You're so much more likely to find better on other maps.

As for free content, I was talking about Ragnarok. The game isn't free, some content is to everybody. Where some of us pitch in more for new content. Only as I said, the new content contains weaker harvesters. Sorry, but unless you breed a lot of damage muts, the small % in damage increase does not make up for a 6 hour tame, AND losing 34 levels.

If they implemented some sort of new vegetable only native to abberation that met a middle ground where we lost 10-15 levels, but the tame only took 1-2 hours everyone would be happy. It wouldn't replace the normal versions, and would equal them out more. This all goes back to what I said. Poor design when there are obviously options.

But I guess we all have our own 2c.

Your first paragraph you completely missed the point i was trying to make, if they made the aberrant variants tamable with kibble they would completely replace vanilla versions,  mining dinos have two important stats: weight and damage and the aberrant one have more damage even if only a small percent.  If you think taking an aberrant doed  or anky to the island is pointless id like to do a resource race where i import one and you dont and see if you can farm more than me with hand tools or tame a vanilla one while im harvesting to whatever goal amount or time is set.

Your second point you reference the six hour tame and losing out on 34 levels, thats only during the weekday not on 2x.  If your taming anything not on 2x with kibble or not your going to lose levels to a weekend tame and if your min maxing for best stats its foolish to tame during the week. These farming dinos work just fine on the map they are from because metal and stone are around in such abundance there is really no need to get the best boss anky/doed possible but if thats your passion you can still breed them to be that.

We are not disagreeing on everything, there has been a need for a herbivore mutton/prime equivalent and a kibble rework for a long time now.  I just think your overlooking the fact that if they made aberrant versions tamable to the same effectiveness as vanilla they would make the vanilla dinos absolutely obsolete in a matter of time.  Is it the best system in place? No i dont think so but it works just fine and in the end the difference between them is not really a big deal, use vanilla on the old maps and aberrant on the AB.  If your transferring from AB back to the island to start out bring your mining dinos they will work just fine until you trade for or breed your own super dinos.

Just my two pennies.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:02 PM, ToXiN said:

Why not 46 hours instead? It would be even "less" easy. Right?

It used to be a full 12 hours to tame a max lvl Anky/Doed on non-kibble. Also note that Scorched Earth, you had to berry-tame your Ankys and Doeds - And THAT was when it was half current rates, not to mention the 200% faster spoiling time on your berries and veggies!

Anyway, you'll be able to transfer your dilo kibble soon. I wonder if you can transfer fertilized Megalania eggs, over, since there is no Aberrant Megalania, just regular Megalanias?

Also, it is currently irrelevant whether or not Aberrant Ankylos/Doeds tame at a lower effectiveness then the "free" maps.

1: You can't bring the stronger dinos from the free maps to Abberation.

2: You can never get 100% effectiveness with a kibble tame anyway, so you will 100% breed dinos. And when you breed dinos, the effectiveness of the parent has NO effect on the babies stats, its all about their wild lvls when it comes to breeding (And mutations, but thats another story there). A 0% effectiveness dino with 50 points in health will produce babies with the same 50 points in health.

There's alot of people who tamed them during 3x events already. Veggie tamed ones on 3x are just a couple levels shy of perfect tames from island.  We already have 360% melee ones and hp over 5300 on our aberration doeds and ankies.  You can always trade to get a raised one at this point, so there really isn't much of a problem.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:20 AM, Frogspoison said:

2: You can never get 100% effectiveness with a kibble tame anyway, so you will 100% breed dinos. And when you breed dinos, the effectiveness of the parent has NO effect on the babies stats, its all about their wild lvls when it comes to breeding (And mutations, but thats another story there). A 0% effectiveness dino with 50 points in health will produce babies with the same 50 points in health.

Off topic but the topic seems moot since they are now allowing item transfers.  Correct me if im wrong but my understanding is the effectiveness bonus grants extra levels upon tame and those levels count as "wild" levels that get transferred when you breed?

On 3/9/2018 at 7:04 PM, Dreadnaught said:

Off topic but the topic seems moot since they are now allowing item transfers.  Correct me if im wrong but my understanding is the effectiveness bonus grants extra levels upon tame and those levels count as "wild" levels that get transferred when you breed?

Taming Effectiveness lvls aren't translated into Baby lvls from my understanding - The only stats that matter for breeding are what the dino has when you knock it out.

3 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

Taming Effectiveness lvls aren't translated into Baby lvls from my understanding - The only stats that matter for breeding are what the dino has when you knock it out.

No, domesticated stats also get transferred to the baby.

Wild Level + Dom Lvl from TE = Breeding Value, it's just that even when the TE is 0, the baby will still inherit Wild Level + supposed stats from TE, dunno if this is by chance or 100%.

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

No, domesticated stats also get transferred to the baby.

Wild Level + Dom Lvl from TE = Breeding Value, it's just that even when the TE is 0, the baby will still inherit Wild Level + supposed stats from TE, dunno if this is by chance or 100%.

36 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Thanks, a very useful link, from that I found this https://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding#Stats_of_the_Offspring

Turns out when Breeding, the offspring will inherit the stats as if the parents were tamed with 100% taming effectiveness, guaranteed. That is one of the incentives for breeding dinoes.

But sadly the chance for inheriting the better stat is 65%, I thought it was 70%.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Turns out when Breeding, the offspring will inherit the stats as if the parents were tamed with 100% taming effectiveness, guaranteed. That is one of the incentives for breeding dinoes.

Yes, but it doesn't gives you extra points/levels. It is just rounding the bonuses that are % based. If you tame a 150 with 0% effectiveness, you won't gain any bonus levels so it will tame at level 150. But if you tame it with 100% effectiveness, it will be level 225. Keep in mind that the level of a creature is a representation of the points distributed into all its stats so if the level doesn't change, you don't have better stats.

15 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

But sadly the chance for inheriting the better stat is 65%, I thought it was 70%.

It is 55%, actually. Someone over reddit disassembled the game's binaries and extracted the odds:

Spoiler

Keep in mind that the wiki is written by players and that there is a lot of outdated/inaccurate info on it.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes, but it doesn't gives you extra points/levels. It is just rounding the bonuses that are % based. If you tame a 150 with 0% effectiveness, you won't gain any bonus levels so it will tame at level 150. But if you tame it with 100% effectiveness, it will be level 225. Keep in mind that the level of a creature is a representation of the points distributed into all its stats so if the level doesn't change, you don't have better stats.

This is what I don't understand when people say the baby comes out as though you got 100% effectiveness. 

Because it doesn't. If I tame two ankys with crops (55% TE at level 150) and they stand up at lvl 191, their offspring will generally Hatch at around 190-210, depending on the stat allocations. 

The stats the parents stand up with are the stats that transfer to offspring. 

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

It is 55%, actually. Someone over reddit disassembled the game's binaries and extracted the odds:

Hide contents

Keep in mind that the wiki is written by players and that there is a lot of outdated/inaccurate info on it.

Weird, I just bred an Aberration Doed earlier today and the offspring's damage turns out to be higher than the parents, and there is no mutation from both sides.  From 256% highest from one parent,  the offspring came out 275%

Male B125+TE 36=lv 161  mated with Female B150+ TE 40 = Lv 190, but the offspring is level 192 with higher melee atk, and there is no mutation looking at the ancestor info.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DonaldDuck said:

Weird, I just bred an Aberration Doed earlier today and the offspring's damage turns out to be higher than the parents, and there is no mutation from both sides.  From 256% highest from one parent,  the offspring came out 275%

Male B125+TE 36=lv 161  mated with Female B150+ TE 40 = Lv 190, but the offspring is level 192 with higher melee atk, and there is no mutation looking at the ancestor info.

Post screenshots of both parents along with the baby inventory and I will explain you what went down. Getting higher level baby than its parent is normal if it inherited all the best stats of both parents. As stated above, the level is only a representation of the distributed points.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Post screenshots of both parents along with the baby inventory and I will explain you what went down. Getting higher level baby than its parent is normal if it inherited all the best stats of both parents. As stated above, the level is only a representation of the distributed points.

Ok, here they are :

https://imgur.com/a/8o4hG

Archived