Ark Isn't Just Dying, It's Being Murdered

Doth

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

Look at this fine example of the love and care scorched earth has received.  This was taken today and its not the only beacon that does this, there are at least 3 others on the map that always do this.  This is a 2 year old bug that still hasn't been fixed and probably never will get fixed.  This kind of stuff is what the problem is, take a day to fix issues with the existing game and then worry about making more paid DLC and nerfing things into the ground.

Beacon Glitch.jpg

It does this on every map, the red drop on rag that lands underwater in the lil ruins near viking bay ticks me off the most tho because its not even blocked but you still cant loot it...

I've played ark since early acces on xbox not too long after it came out and it has changed so much, it used to be a much friendlier and enjoyable game, people would actually work together and help each other on a official server, with the first giga I ever tamed the server helped so much when things went so wrong and didn't ask for anything in return, now you can't so much as ask someone to remove a pillar so you can finish walling up your base even if you can't see theirs in the distance, then they will pillar all around you and tell you to get the eff off their server then they lead a titan to your base and steal your stuff and land.

The game was built better back then too, there was no duping or server dino caps, there was no griefing dinos like leeds or seaguls, there were no building restrictions or no build zones, server crashes were caused by the servers not players and they were a rare occurrence not hourly, character loss was rare too, glitches/bugs were obvious to see but were rarely game breaking some were even funny like being hit by bigfoot and being sent into the horizon like team rocket, and we didn't see all pvp oriented nerfs yet, now the game is a buggy/laggy/crashing pos that causes so much grief and frustration that even GTA Online looks better and I would rather carve out my brain through my eyes with a dull spoon then play that.

So the OP's video is accurate and that is unfortunate because ark was a great game once, now it's comparable to GTA Online a game that the devs have gotten so greedy on that they ruined it with micro transactions and cheap cruddy servers and now only the real life rich can enjoy the game by griefing the hell out anyone else who can't afford fight back without years of grinding, ark will likely head this way too once the WC comes out with DLC 3 so enjoy what's left while you can.

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

As the title says ark is dead no new players (hardly) and the reviews are killing it too because the devs  ONLY add end game content that helps only the big tribes all because none of them have ever played official even though the fan boys will all be saying differently! (either unofficial players or mega tribe players)

Where are you getting your statistics from for how many and when new players get ARK? o.O

On 3/2/2018 at 4:07 PM, Ranger1 said:

Well, since the group working on SE got it done before release that choice boiled down to "release it now" or "sit on it until a few months after release".  Personally I'm rather glad they made it available as soon as they could, waiting would have been a little silly.  And no, I don't expect them to pay to have DLC developed and then give it away for free just because they decided to add more content to the base game (which pushed back it's release date).  I may be "entitled" but I don't feel THAT entitled.

I suppose that's subjective.  I've paid 2 and sometimes 3 times that amount for a single tank or plane in other games... games that were still in open beta I might add.  To me, all of the then new creatures, items, weather mechanics and the map itself were a steal at $20.

Yes.

As they said they would well before release.  Which is a good thing, considering you regard it as essential to play the game.  :)

As stated above, no I don't.  You might also consider that it was brand new at the time, which is also when the bulk of it's sales occurred.

Opinions vary, but as I said I'd rather buy it sooner than wait until after release and buy it later.  I was going to get it anyway, so why a pointless wait.  For those that object I have no beef with them, they were perfectly entitled not to pay for the additional content if they didn't want it... no matter when it was released.  Now if their underlying motivation is simply that they are angry they didn't get the DLC for free, I don't have much sympathy.... at least not for any of them over the age of 12.  They should understand that game companies are in business to make money, and additional development projects cost money.  Its' a pretty basic concept.

They still deserve criticism for it though. What they did was shameful, and that's not subjective. Was it a big deal? Nah. However they deserve to be shamed for it. 

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

As the title says ark is dead no new players (hardly) and the reviews are killing it too because the devs  ONLY add end game content that helps only the big tribes all because none of them have ever played official even though the fan boys will all be saying differently! (either unofficial players or mega tribe players)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyg8DEyFy0a8Y9hKkI80Z

1i6rt1.jpg

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

I love when official players call the unofficial community fanboys. You can’t stand the fact that we have a tendency to enjoy the game more because we have a more stable experience.

We actually slate officials more than you do but we had the sense to move from it. Many of these issues and concerns are usually the state of official servers themselves, not the gameplay experience.

I’ll happily defend the game for aspects I enjoy because I don’t subject myself to a sub-par server experience i.e. rollbacks, delayed/forgotten customer support, cheating, duping, undermeshing, server downtime, character/dino loss etc.

But yes, we are fanboys /s.

On 3/6/2018 at 5:47 AM, RipRavage said:

Look at this fine example of the love and care scorched earth has received.  This was taken today and its not the only beacon that does this, there are at least 3 others on the map that always do this.  This is a 2 year old bug that still hasn't been fixed and probably never will get fixed.  This kind of stuff is what the problem is, take a day to fix issues with the existing game and then worry about making more paid DLC and nerfing things into the ground.

Beacon Glitch.jpg

Or you could, you know.. Develop the smart way?? Add all the new stuff then fix bugs? If you spend a day to fix bugs, then next day release an update wth new content but then you realise... OH NO!!! THE NEW CONTENT MADE NEW BUGS FOR PLAYERS TO ABUSE!!! CRAP!

59 minutes ago, HoganRyan01 said:

Beacon Glitch.jpg

Aside from the theory of how to maintain one's video game from the aspect of the developer(s)/responsible party the above image personally annoys me. It is always such a letdown to get to the drop and find it like this. It's nice when its inside something harvestable because after you clear it no issues. But this does exist on Ragnarok as well and if there was a way to make them accessible even when partly through another mesh that would be super simple fix. But I don't know how this game is coded and what that would entail. I just would love to see that issue addressed sooner than later personally.

35 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

But this does exist on Ragnarok as well and if there was a way to make them accessible even when partly through another mesh that would be super simple fix. But I don't know how this game is coded and what that would entail. I just would love to see that issue addressed sooner than later personally.

it's so easy that they could simply push a fix on the range it can be grabbed. Valhalla actually fixed something in literally SECONDS by just increasing the range.

Just now, SirPeter said:

Man so does anyone know why something so simple hasn't been addressed? :Jerbcry:

Laziness and an unwillingness to fix problems. Drops fall just so far, and stop once that spot has been reached, it can be in mid-air or underground. (and yes, I've seen both)

not that this is "intended gameplay" but if you "playersonly" in singleplayer any drops will stop and never continue, even after you "unpause" the AI

Archived