Breeding good rexes

SubtendedCrib8

Alright so I'm in SP and a non dedicated server when my friends are on. I'm trying to breed rexes for the boss fights. I want to get to 100% imprint before full maturation, as well as getting a high starting level if possible (the parents are 74 and 79 if that makes a difference). The problem is I don't quite understand the settings. Or at least, I understand what they do, but I don't understand which should be increased and decreased because it doesn't have a reference stat in the description. Can anyone help me with this? I've been trying for several days now and the only one I got that was crazy strong from it was killed while I was online and AFK to help with something, and haven't been able to replicate those circumstances.

12 hours ago, mecandbuttons said:

To get higher starting levels you have to tame higher level dinos. Also tell us what your settings are at so we know which ones you need to adjust.  IE What's your taming speed, maturation speed, imprint bonus?

Tame speed=4.0

Mature speed=1.0

Imprint stat scale=4.0

On 3/1/2018 at 7:23 PM, SubtendedCrib8 said:

Alright so I'm in SP and a non dedicated server when my friends are on. I'm trying to breed rexes for the boss fights. I want to get to 100% imprint before full maturation, as well as getting a high starting level if possible (the parents are 74 and 79 if that makes a difference). The problem is I don't quite understand the settings. Or at least, I understand what they do, but I don't understand which should be increased and decreased because it doesn't have a reference stat in the description. Can anyone help me with this? I've been trying for several days now and the only one I got that was crazy strong from it was killed while I was online and AFK to help with something, and haven't been able to replicate those circumstances.

You should try to get as high level rexes as possible before breeding.  If you can transfer to another map you should consider hunting rexes on the Center or Ragnorok as they spawn in at much higher levels than the island.  Try to get a rex between 135 and 150 and make sure you at least use mutton to tame it or kibble if you can afford it.  The higher level the rex the better chances of getting decent base stats.  If you don't want to use The center or Ragnorok because they are easy mode you can always hunt for rexes near rex rock on Scorched Earth.  On Scorched Earth near the ruins of Nosti their is a large rock and  river bed that has a set on constantly respawning rexes near it.  Kill the rexes and move out of render distance until a high level one spawns in.  Try to make sure you get a rex with a base health before imprinting of at least 8000 (10000 would be prefferable) and a base melee of at least 300 percent.  Levels don't really matter on rexes, their base stats are what matters.

Imprint stat scale basically means instead of getting the standard 20 percent increase for stats you will be getting 20% multiplied to whatever you set it to.  For your setting of 4 that mean you should get a 80 percent increase on your rexes base stats with a full imprint of 100 percent.  This however will not affect the level of the Rex, just the stats.

Archived