Help Save Legacy!

Remote

I am a Legacy PvE player. I do not like to start fresh, not fun for me. I like what I have, and like to think about what more I could build. Nothing I have was cheated in.

I have strong feelings attached to my dinos, my items, and my structures, that I have called my home and my pets through three Halloweens. I do not want to give that up. Three years, and I want it to be many more, as long as Ark has official servers, I want to keep my dinos forever.

I do not want to start over (which means giving up what I care about in Ark). I want to keep what I have spent time on, and continue to expand my hoard of dinos and items. My three accounts at this time: 7,933 hrs; 1,709 hrs; and 745 hrs. I have spent over 80% of that on the EA/Legacy servers. I play multiplayer because that allows me to interact with my friends in a game world, and these are not just short-term, hardly-known folk, I know them well,for months, and some for years. I want to interact with them in these virtual worlds, and share in the joy of what each of us has to offer eachother.

I have tried playing on non-legacy Official, for a few weeks. I saw/felt zero difference as far as server performance. I did not like the new servers as much, because I didn't have my favorite dinos! While playing this non-legacy official, I was constantly thinking "I wish I had my Wyvern, I wish I had my Giga, I wish I had my Tapejaras... I was not enjoying myself for many reasons. I  was longing for my babies back on my ol' server... And progress to make it up to where I was before, was slow, weeks go by, and overall not enjoyable.

As I read most of the posts in this thread, I feel disgust and disheartened,, feeling like I want to slam my fist down and say "NO! You dont get it do you?" So many do not share the same values as myself.

Hanging on to what doesn't change, is my comfort zone, my stress relief, my escape, my mental health needs.

What is familiar to me, is less stressful to me. I am relaxed with the familiar. Familiar is what I know by spending time in the comforts of my well-stocked dino-filled home. Legacy is familiar. My dinos are there, my home is there, my items are there. I am comfortable there.

I want to keep going, keep what I spent time on. I will stick with Legacy, and hope it never dies.

If Wildcard has to kill all Legacy, please let me move my dinos and items to a home on a new official. I do not want to let go of my favorites, my familiars, my friends. A new server without them? I do not feel I would enjoy that, and probably wouldn't even play.

Why play something I don't enjoy?

I do not like change, and I loathe loss even more.

Please don't force me into mourning. It's not good for my health.

If you are not having a good time, why the heck are you still playing? And visa-versa.

I am having a good time in my home server. Please don't take that away. I want to play here forever.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/2/2018 at 10:24 AM, IanHighlander said:

Personally I wouldn't touch any official servers (legacy or other) with a barge pole, but each to their own I guess but as an objective outsider,  to be honest I think anyone "hanging on" (and let's be honest here that's all anyone on Legacy is doing) to the Legacy servers is nuts. The majority of people jumped ship because to do anything else is just wasting your own time and kidding yourselves. It's patently obvious that ALL Legacy servers will be gone in the very near future and quite why anyone would think otherwise I'm really struggling to see.

But I guess it's less people on the already crap and over-crowded official servers so you're doing some people a favour at least. :)

When everyone was playing on legacy servers while they were official, they never thought it would TURN into a legacy server to begin with. "The official servers wont' be wiped" they said. 

Now imagine they turn today's official servers into tomorrow's legacy servers too.  Nothing they haven't done before. 

2 hours ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

There was and still is no transferring from legacy to officials so your duplicate Rex's are new to the official and not from legacy

I never said the duped rexs r from legacy, I'm defending legacy by saying they're still doing it

1 hour ago, isu said:

There is customer service on new servers, it just take long time, because most of players are spamming tickets with their "big problems" like stucked/lost dino level 100 and so on. Then GMs don't have time for really important stuff.

And if you think new servers are in same state as old servers, you must be really delusional.

On old servers GMs were summoning dinos to replace lost dinos without any knowledge about game or balance and created lot of God dinos. With new rules that they are not replacing dinos or max level 200, they removed problem with God dinos.

There were also corrupt GMs, which aren''t GMs anymore.

Every bob on beach could dupe or d/c server.

And so on.

I reported this one tribe(cant name because apparently its against the rules even with proof) who have been killing passive tames( horses and unicorns!!!) on multiple occasions, pillaring people to block them from building and much more, 6 months later they're still kiting wyverns to people and gigas to their bases, so yea......

19 minutes ago, Klakky said:

I never said the duped rexs r from legacy, I'm defending legacy by saying they're still doing it

I reported this one tribe(cant name because apparently its against the rules even with proof) who have been killing passive tames( horses and unicorns!!!) on multiple occasions, pillaring people to block them from building and much more, 6 months later they're still kiting wyverns to people and gigas to their bases, so yea......

Being from legacy, I don't see the point to trying to prolong the inevitable 

21 hours ago, Oli4 said:

As someone who spent over 5k hours on legacy servers: move on. If you have an active community going on your server/cluster of servers you play on just host them yourself and ask people to join you, it's what I did and I wouldn't want the legacy cluster to be hosted by WC again(mainly due to no support/laggy servers).

Yup was gonna say the same thing, we has many thousands of hours on legacy on ps4, you just have to bite the bullet and move on.

11 hours ago, Remote said:

they're just the severs from before the full game release tho. I still don't quite understand how the two types of servers (official and legacy) are any different from each other. Servers now are still capped and messy so what's the real difference?

Originally they were being closed to keep the new servers "pure" from hacking and cheating. Obviously people just started hacking and cheating on the new servers(and not getting punished for doing so). So now to answer your question no there is no difference between legacy and official anymore.

Oh no dead empty servers are being deleted. The horror, how dare they! 

I'm in favour of deleting all of them. People need to move on, times change, the game changes and you can't sit around forever in your dream world hogging an entire server for yourself. It is completely unrealistic. At least they are giving you the option to download your virtual palaces so you can recreate them in all their splendour in single player ;)

While they are it I wish they would remove 50% of the PVP servers. The majority of them now peak at 10 players tops. Delete them and force the players into more populated servers. The result would be better PVP for all.

13 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Most of the ones complaining are PvE players on the new cluster and they are against legacy because they held them responsible for the messy capped servers they created by hoarding thousands of useless creatures and pillaring every pixels as illustrated bellow and they thinks that re-purposing legacy in the new cluster is gonna be a magical fix. :)

Reveal hidden contents

y2sEMAK.jpg

What part of this is going to be any different on new servers after the same time has passed?

On 3/3/2018 at 11:54 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

Oh no dead empty servers are being deleted. The horror, how dare they! 

I'm in favour of deleting all of them. People need to move on, times change, the game changes and you can't sit around forever in your dream world hogging an entire server for yourself. It is completely unrealistic. At least they are giving you the option to download your virtual palaces so you can recreate them in all their splendour in single player ;)

While they are it I wish they would remove 50% of the PVP servers. The majority of them now peak at 10 players tops. Delete them and force the players into more populated servers. The result would be better PVP for all.

How would it make PVP better? Forcing people into the new official populated servers would just cause people to leave behind the game because they would have to start over. Not a lot of people WANT to start over. Plus (like on legacy servers) the alphas would probably wipe new tribes like they have been since the game came out on console. There is no difference between the two types of servers and only a small amount of people grasp that concept. 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 3/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, JeanII said:

What part of this is going to be any different on new servers after the same time has passed?

It won't be different. I was answering Remote that asked why players are against legacy servers and want them closed. Basically, the players on the new official PvE servers wants the legacy servers to close and has been requesting it for months and months here on the forums because most of the new servers are tame capped/entirely pillared and they thinks that re-purposing the remaining legacy servers into the new cluster is gonna fix their current situation but it won't. Might gains some weeks, but it will still be a matter of time until the same players starts creating more alternate accounts to bypass their tame limit (without mentioning the ones that are purposely capping servers with rafts/dodos to sell server slots to other players, etc) and pillar the entire map to "protect" resources that they will never ever farm. New servers won't fix anything, will just enlarge the issue to a bigger scale that's all. Give more money to a compulsive buyer and you can bet they will spend it all.

All of my time in ARK is legacy, paid for my game long before it was a full release. Never expected it to even become a legacy at all. As far as Duped items/dinos? honestly, our tribe never saw any of that. I very much enjoy my time there. Starting over would honestly make me want to quit outright. Hearing a lot about capped servers, tame limits and over crowding makes me really want to avoid the "new" official anything.

I am not good at PVP, my hands tend to shake and keeps me unfocused, that is not enjoyment. Everyone....and I mean EVERYONE started out on mainline servers now called "legacy" please...leave them alone, play your game, let legacy be, killing legacy will NOT solve your magical issues on official, stop pillaring and hoarding and work as a community to solve the issues.

On our legacy server, not everyone back then had 100 egg producing dinos for imprinting kibble, only one or two tribes had the full monte, others had boss capable dinos, etc and trading/working together was commonplace, not sure why new servers are tame capped anyway, I keep hearing something crazy like 500 per tribe? we only get 250 and we just got a 50 dino increase not that long ago.

I went on a ragnarok legacy server recently to prove a point, one tribe had hundreds of square feet pillared so far out you did not even see their behemoth dino gates anymore. if that same mentality on "official" is part of the problem, maybe THAT is what needs to be addressed, not "killing legacy"

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, AmandaSarlo said:

All of my time in ARK is legacy, paid for my game long before it was a full release. Never expected it to even become a legacy at all. As far as Duped items/dinos? honestly, our tribe never saw any of that. I very much enjoy my time there. Starting over would honestly make me want to quit outright. Hearing a lot about capped servers, tame limits and over crowding makes me really want to avoid the "new" official anything.

I am not good at PVP, my hands tend to shake and keeps me unfocused, that is not enjoyment. Everyone....and I mean EVERYONE started out on mainline servers now called "legacy" please...leave them alone, play your game, let legacy be, killing legacy will NOT solve your magical issues on official, stop pillaring and hoarding and work as a community to solve the issues.

On our legacy server, not everyone back then had 100 egg producing dinos for imprinting kibble, only one or two tribes had the full monte, others had boss capable dinos, etc and trading/working together was commonplace, not sure why new servers are tame capped anyway, I keep hearing something crazy like 500 per tribe? we only get 250 and we just got a 50 dino increase not that long ago.

I went on a ragnarok legacy server recently to prove a point, one tribe had hundreds of square feet pillared so far out you did not even see their behemoth dino gates anymore. if that same mentality on "official" is part of the problem, maybe THAT is what needs to be addressed, not "killing legacy"

So Wildcard should carry on forking out money for dead servers because you’re too entitled to leave?

wow . just . wow . where does it say anywhere that legacy will eventually be deleted  with every server wiped and legacy gone from the server drop down search list ? just chill .  if enough people play on a legacy server then why wipe  ,lol .  like many on new . they've paid for season pass and wc add new servers to each dlc they drop so .......? definitely some butt hurt people who want their cake and eat it . if you were legacy and moved to new then good for you but if you hate tame caps , duping , less customer support , etc. etc. then what did you expect ? its ARK . if you stayed on legacy then you understood the implications of staying, but what we all can agree on is we all were lied to , in one way or another . statements of not wiping servers at launch , to , wiping them all , to , introduce legacy and wipe non pop servers over time . either way if you still play and are new or legacy then good luck to you . enjoy what you have . ark is all our own mess . just deal with it. 

On 3/2/2018 at 7:24 PM, IanHighlander said:

Personally I wouldn't touch any official servers (legacy or other) with a barge pole, but each to their own I guess but as an objective outsider,  to be honest I think anyone "hanging on" (and let's be honest here that's all anyone on Legacy is doing) to the Legacy servers is nuts. The majority of people jumped ship because to do anything else is just wasting your own time and kidding yourselves. It's patently obvious that ALL Legacy servers will be gone in the very near future and quite why anyone would think otherwise I'm really struggling to see.

But I guess it's less people on the already crap and over-crowded official servers so you're doing some people a favour at least. :)

Eventually the game will die, and all players will abandon it. What will Wildcard do at that time? I bet the only servers that will be left is unofficial.

2 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Eventually the game will die, and all players will abandon it. What will Wildcard do at that time? I bet the only servers that will be left is unofficial.

Oh absolutley 100%

WC are not going to keep an expensive outlay for them going without an income to cover it and more and lets not kid ourselves here the outlay for official servers is substantial. Anyone thinking Legacy servers (and eventually all official servers) will still be around as the game dies down is frankly kidding only themselves. Good luck to those of you hanging on for grim death on Legacy, I suspect you're all going to be disappointed in the nearish future, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong. :) 

One of the decisions I'm glad that I made was, to setup my server cluster in such a way as to extend the durability of everybody's progress and possessions. 0.6x food consumption rate, 25 days to dino claim, etc... This makes it so that players are not slaves to the game. They can choose to play the game freely and make actual progress with what they want to do in the sandbox. Better than logging in, feed stuff, log out. If people have to decide between ARK and new and upcoming titles in the gaming industry, they may want to play elsewhere. By making people free to play, they will play in a more relaxed manner.

With the freedom for people to casual play if they so desire, while at the same time encouraging community growth with Discord, I know that it's possible for Unofficial to out-last the game.

25 days versus 7 days. It's not like the game is going to have trouble with dino tame caps forever.

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

One of the decisions I'm glad that I made was, to setup my server cluster in such a way as to extend the durability of everybody's progress and possessions. 0.6x food consumption rate, 25 days to dino claim, etc... This makes it so that players are not slaves to the game. They can choose to play the game freely and make actual progress with what they want to do in the sandbox. Better than logging in, feed stuff, log out. If people have to decide between ARK and new and upcoming titles in the gaming industry, they may want to play elsewhere. By making people free to play, they will play in a more relaxed manner.

With the freedom for people to casual play if they so desire, while at the same time encouraging community growth with Discord, I know that it's possible for Unofficial to out-last the game.

25 days versus 7 days. It's not like the game is going to have trouble with dino tame caps forever.

It will though. Or at least it will unless WC gets their heads in the game and actually fixes the problems on their servers instead of coming out with more content which tends to hold more than a dozen bugs/glitches. What I'm asking is, how are WC supposed to keep up with and fix the current bugs if they keep creating more to deal with. They're digging themselves in a deeper hole that will just end with them doing massive amounts of work to keep the communities stable on ark. The real thing keeping this game alive is the people playing it. The devs are lazy and rarely do large amounts of work to actually fix the problems people are having. The content they put out is below decent. 

22 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

So Wildcard should carry on forking out money for dead servers because you’re too entitled to leave?

I mean, aside from the "omg legacy has duped items & hacks", which has also been proven to be true on official recently (Re: Substitute+others). I don't see any reason they couldn't simply add these "legacy" servers into the official cluster. - Especially Aberration. (No transfer in, and been out the same amount of time)

As for me, I'm taking my character and a few dinos/gear to a populated/tame capped Legacy server. When it eventually shuts down I will probably just move onto another game.

On 3-3-2018 at 3:08 PM, Klakky said:

The game style has changed quite a bit. you have to be prepared for much more than on legacy which was quite relaxed. For example on SE the first I had to do is make my base safe enough that no1 can push golems to or through my base (yes you can lure golems through walls/beh gates...). Than you have to pillar around your base so that no1 blocks you in and after that you have to put dino gates on the resources the server farms (mainly the metal spawns). The reason for dino gates is that they do not block spawns but do own terrain preventing any1 else from blocking metal spawns etc. After that you need a main alliance in your server (the big guys basicly which play a lot, not big in a sense of "pro" or "large"). When you have all that in place you'll encounter about 10 other problems which will not be dealt with by GM's (I have an appointment soon, if its allowed I'll share some of the awnsers). 

Problems that you encounter that you can solve to a certain limit:

- obelisks being blocked;

- passive tame kills;

- pillaring a big chunk of the map preventing expansions;

- Storage bases which cap server;

- Golems at all of your doors (have to have giga or a way to lure them away);

- Rollbacks / server crashes caused by players (this has been solved to a certain extend with relocating servers to a new IP);

- Wyvern eggs dropping in scar bugging the nests;

- Continues wyvern lures to your base;

and probably much more that I'm forgetting. 

Basicly PvE is not real PvE anymore, Its "Creative PvP". 

On 3/3/2018 at 8:08 AM, Klakky said:

I reported this one tribe(cant name because apparently its against the rules even with proof) who have been killing passive tames( horses and unicorns!!!) on multiple occasions,

It doesn't do much good to report folks for doing something that is allowed within the rules.

On 3/5/2018 at 6:50 AM, Sphere said:

Yep, this one is pretty obvious.  Those games that do bother with official servers at all in addition to their unofficial servers tend to find their longevity in three factors... their loyal player base, their modding communities, and their unofficial servers.

8 hours ago, Memzer said:

To be honest, I moved to an unofficial, and I'm probably never going back to legacy/official.

• We have admins who care about the players.
  • Cheaters are actually dealt with
  • No undermeshing
  • No Duping
  • Great community
  • Mods!
  • Not at tame cap
  • Not pillared to hell
  • ORP

It's much different on console. Hosting a server and such on PC is much easier. Plus, on console (PS4) mods are not available so it limits our creativity in a way. With mods we would be able to do more and have more fun. And I'm not sure if they fixed it, but when you host a certain type of server on PS4 the players who join can only travel a short distance away from the host. Most players fix this problem by hosting a server on another PS4, but most players can't host for very long because it can cause your system to overheat and has the ability to damage it.

Archived