Help Save Legacy!

Remote

Not quite sure if this is in the right forums, but to all the players who bought Ark before the full release, you know that large numbers of the original servers are being deleted. "Legacy" servers are the history of this Ark. Those servers have taken countless hours of many peoples lives, whether it was from building bases to raising the best animals possible. Many legacy servers are already gone, but certain servers have thriving communities. The Primitive Plus legacy servers for example have been growing slowly and after the servers are deleted only a small number of Primitive plus legacy servers will remain. As Alpha's of Prim+ official legacy server 6 on PS4, my alliance and I have worked hard on our bases and realized we need more people to keep the server populated. If we lose a majority of our active players then we might soon join the list of servers in which are being deleted/ already gone. And there's a chance that if the devs see the community growing on the last remaining legacy servers of primitive plus, then they might add at least one scorched earth/ragnarok server for the community. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I wouldn't touch any official servers (legacy or other) with a barge pole, but each to their own I guess but as an objective outsider,  to be honest I think anyone "hanging on" (and let's be honest here that's all anyone on Legacy is doing) to the Legacy servers is nuts. The majority of people jumped ship because to do anything else is just wasting your own time and kidding yourselves. It's patently obvious that ALL Legacy servers will be gone in the very near future and quite why anyone would think otherwise I'm really struggling to see.

But I guess it's less people on the already crap and over-crowded official servers so you're doing some people a favour at least. :)

Move on, like the devs and everyone here has already said those servers will be deleted in the future and all your doing is desperately hanging on.  It will sting at first but it will also be fun starting over.  No amount of server population growth will stop these servers from being shut down, these servers for lack of a better word are corrupt.  They have multitudes of duped items and even dinos from when that was possible as well as bred dinos with stats you can no longer achieve.  With the weekend events now that didnt even exist in legacy it is much faster to get back to where you were and the sooner you do it the quicker the sting will fade.  Just my two cents.

Nope. I've been anxiously awaiting the death of Legacy servers since long before they were called Legacy servers. I don't want to see Legacy servers saved...I want players who are still on them to recognize that the longer they leave the band aid on, the more it's going to hurt when it gets yanked off.

(hehe...yanked off.)

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Remote said:

Why is everyone against legacy servers? Like really, what's the actual difference between current servers and legacy servers (excluding the amount of players and name change)?

Most of the ones complaining are PvE players on the new cluster and they are against legacy because they held them responsible for the messy capped servers they created by hoarding thousands of useless creatures and pillaring every pixels as illustrated bellow and they thinks that re-purposing legacy in the new cluster is gonna be a magical fix. :)

Spoiler

y2sEMAK.jpg

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Most of the ones complaining are PvE players on the new cluster and they are against legacy because they held them responsible for the messy capped servers they created by hoarding thousands of useless creatures and pillaring every pixels as illustrated bellow and they thinks that re-purposing legacy in the new cluster is gonna be a magical fix. :)

Reveal hidden contents

y2sEMAK.jpg

Ahh okay I understand now. PVE players are butthurt because it was laggy because of all the tames and big bases that they created.

9 minutes ago, Remote said:

Ahh okay I understand now. PVE players are butthurt because it was laggy because of all the tames and big bases that they created.

As someone who last played official PvE a long time ago, I can say I'm not entirely broken up to see Legacy servers go. Hopefully, the new servers will improve a lot of things over the old and everyone will be able to either start fresh or keep going as is if they choose. I understand how you feel, but honestly, the minute I heard about Legacy servers receiving no support, that raised a massive red flag to me and probably a lot of other people too.

4 minutes ago, Nch1418 said:

As someone who last played official PvE a long time ago, I can say I'm not entirely broken up to see Legacy servers go. Hopefully, the new servers will improve a lot of things over the old and everyone will be able to either start fresh or keep going as is if they choose. I understand how you feel, but honestly, the minute I heard about Legacy servers receiving no support, that raised a massive red flag to me and probably a lot of other people too.

they're just the severs from before the full game release tho. I still don't quite understand how the two types of servers (official and legacy) are any different from each other. Servers now are still capped and messy so what's the real difference?

15 minutes ago, Remote said:

they're just the severs from before the full game release tho. I still don't quite understand how the two types of servers (official and legacy) are any different from each other. Servers now are still capped and messy so what's the real difference?

I honestly don't know. I can understand why you would ask that. Personally, I play singleplayer now. I haven't messed with multiplayer in such a long time. Maybe it's a case of Wildcard can only handle so many servers.

8 minutes ago, Nch1418 said:

I honestly don't know. I can understand why you would ask that. Personally, I play singleplayer now. I haven't messed with multiplayer in such a long time. Maybe it's a case of Wildcard can only handle so many servers.

I guess. Wildcard is compacting all of the legacy players together by deleting the servers one by one. And as everyone knows, when big tribes with big bases are confined and compacted on one server it creates tension and it always ends with someone getting wiped. 

14 minutes ago, Remote said:

I guess. Wildcard is compacting all of the legacy players together by deleting the servers one by one. And as everyone knows, when big tribes with big bases are confined and compacted on one server it creates tension and it always ends with someone getting wiped. 

Th vicious cycle of multiplayer. Honestly, if I was going to play multiplayer again, it would be on a dedicated private server with people I know, not total strangers. But, that's just me. I wish I had a better answer for you. I can tell you really care about this. I wish I could help you.

4 minutes ago, Nch1418 said:

Th vicious cycle of multiplayer. Honestly, if I was going to play multiplayer again, it would be on a dedicated private server with people I know, not total strangers. But, that's just me. I wish I had a better answer for you. I can tell you really care about this. I wish I could help you.

I appreciate your responses on this and I guess only the devs can do something about the servers. By March 9th over half of the legacy servers will be gone and mine will be one of the last 4 or 5 remaining servers on primitive plus legacy. Countless hours of grinding, taming, and breeding have been put in to those servers and I was so excited to finally be Alpha of something. Honestly the server being eventually deleted was the last thing I expected to wipe me. 

Guest DJRone89

Are we all going to ignore the blatant cheating? Legacy lost customer support the moment it was labelled that name.

My first legacy server is on the kill list. Sad to see it go but I moved on a long time ago. If you haven’t made the jump to the new cluster yet, all you are doing is clinging on to the past, and hopelessly trying to avoid the inevitable.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

Are we all going to ignore the blatant cheating? Legacy lost customer support the moment it was labelled that name.

My first legacy server is on the kill list. Sad to see it go but I moved on a long time ago. If you haven’t made the jump to the new cluster yet, all you are doing is clinging on to the past, and hopelessly trying to avoid the inevitable.

I mean are the new servers any different? Everyone finds a way to cheat the game no matter how hard the devs try to make it cheat-proof.

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Hide contents

y2sEMAK.jpg

Thousands? it doesnt even take 20 tribes to cap out a server with 100 tribes playing on it....

The funniest part is how everyone left legacy because they said there would be no customer service for legacy servers. There is none for the new servers either. Countless players with lost survivors, undermapped bases, tames that just disappeared, the list goes on and on. 

I guess they left out the part where there would be no customer service for new servers either.

There is customer service on new servers, it just take long time, because most of players are spamming tickets with their "big problems" like stucked/lost dino level 100 and so on. Then GMs don't have time for really important stuff.

And if you think new servers are in same state as old servers, you must be really delusional.

On old servers GMs were summoning dinos to replace lost dinos without any knowledge about game or balance and created lot of God dinos. With new rules that they are not replacing dinos or max level 200, they removed problem with God dinos.

There were also corrupt GMs, which aren''t GMs anymore.

Every bob on beach could dupe or d/c server.

And so on.

Archived