question on new Arkpocalypse servers

Dodowhisperer

1 hour ago, Dodowhisperer said:

Hi All,

Haven't had a chance to check out these new Arkpocalypse servers, but I was curious about the nature of them all. Do they all reset at the same time across their cluster? 

Or is it possible to constantly jump from server to server to bypass each server's "Arkpocalypse" ? 

They all reset at the same,time and all data on the clusters is wiped so uploading,things will not keep them safe. Also they messed up the rates on arkpocalypse, we are ONLY getting 1.5X NOT 3X

27 minutes ago, Vita said:

They all reset at the same,time and all data on the clusters is wiped so uploading,things will not keep them safe. Also they messed up the rates on arkpocalypse, we are ONLY getting 1.5X NOT 3X

Exactly wat is the point of playing?  Losing ur tames or home and supplies ever so often destroys the play value.  Might as well not even play.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Exactly wat is the point of playing?  Losing ur tames or home and supplies ever so often destroys the play value.  Might as well not even play.

Because there arent any structure limit laggy bases that have 1000 brontos rexs and gigas in them. The best part of ark is the beginning,and early game PvP before ppl have hundreds of turrets and your frames drop to 0. Its actually fun to be able to fight ppl on foot and have bird battles without someone having full ascendant gear who can kill you in one hit. ALSO it brings back a point in taming,stuff. Right,now on official there is literally no reason to tame any dino. You can go to the facebook trading,forum and buy near max,lvl dino eggs or fully raised ones. 

I enjoy looking for those high lvl wild dinos to tame and breed to make,my,own line that can stand up against other peoples on the server. Also if they get the rates correct it doesnt,take long,at all to do anything. A 150 giga tame is less than 30 minutes on 3x

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Also what is the point in playing on dedicated servers which 100s of people do if the admin can just type a command and destroy everything you have worked for?

5 minutes ago, Vita said:

Also what is the point in playing on dedicated servers which 100s of people do if the admin can just type a command and destroy everything you have worked for?

I dnt trade wit others and i start fresh on every map.  I agree in most games wit an rpg feel the beginning of the game is the best part, gaining those lil items feels lik a big deal and the clawing up the ranks and actually getting somewhere feels rly darn good.  I get attached to my dinos tho, after i spend hours searching 4 1 i want and getting so darn bored of the game to the point i almost just want to quit it, wen i finally get the 1 i want i get attached 2 it after i battle it 4 its mastery and make it mine.  Sum of them r hard fought even after hours of searching.  The idea of losing them after all that effort is just...Its not good...Thats sum serious masochism right there...

5 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I dnt trade wit others and i start fresh on every map.  I agree in most games wit an rpg feel the beginning of the game is the best part, gaining those lil items feels lik a big deal and the clawing up the ranks and actually getting somewhere feels rly darn good.  I get attached to my dinos tho, after i spend hours searching 4 1 i want and getting so darn bored of the game to the point i almost just want to quit it, wen i finally get the 1 i want i get attached 2 it after i battle it 4 its mastery and make it mine.  Sum of them r hard fought even after hours of searching.  The idea of losing them after all that effort is just...Its not good...Thats sum serious masochism right there...

Yeah I would not play on the island bc,it would take so long,to find those high lvl dinos. My tribe is on ragnarok arkpocalypse we have already found 3 140 rexs right above our base location and its only day 48 on server. Already have breeder pteras too and tamed 1 of the rexs

5 minutes ago, Vita said:

Yeah I would not play on the island bc,it would take so long,to find those high lvl dinos. My tribe is on ragnarok arkpocalypse we have already found 3 140 rexs right above our base location and its only day 48 on server. Already have breeder pteras too and tamed 1 of the rexs

Heck iv had hard times finding things i want on rag too, granted i hvnt touched rag in a few months, since b4 aberration.  Might b things r even more awesome on it now.  Since i lik building on bays so i hav a ready made pen for ocean tames, can u tell me any good spots on rag or center that has a good inlet to park mosas and such?  I cudnt find 1 on center and i stuck wit viking on rag but its just 2 big lol

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

Heck iv had hard times finding things i want on rag too, granted i hvnt touched rag in a few months, since b4 aberration.  Might b things r even more awesome on it now.  Since i lik building on bays so i hav a ready made pen for ocean tames, can u tell me any good spots on rag or center that has a good inlet to park mosas and such?  I cudnt find 1 on center and i stuck wit viking on rag but its just 2 big lol

My tribe took over the grand canyon river to store water tames. We have about 18 squids and 5 mosas near one of the waterfalls closest to the swamp (under the alpha rock spiral building spot) on our official server

1 minute ago, Vita said:

My tribe took over the grand canyon river to store water tames. We have about 18 squids and 5 mosas near one of the waterfalls closest to the swamp (under the alpha rock spiral building spot) on our official server

Sounds good and its rly pretty there 2, i nvr realized it had access 2 the ocean.  I thot there was a waterfall blocking that way.  My fav spot on rag beauty wise is the waterfall near the volcano.  That actually leads 2 the grand canyon.  Ill hav to check it out, thanks.  Btw where did u put ur base there?

4 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Sounds good and its rly pretty there 2, i nvr realized it had access 2 the ocean.  I thot there was a waterfall blocking that way.  My fav spot on rag beauty wise is the waterfall near the volcano.  That actually leads 2 the grand canyon.  Ill hav to check it out, thanks.  Btw where did u put ur base there?

You have to enter the grand canyon through the swamp side of the map and there is a river u can follow all the way up even on squids. We built our main base up on that alpha rock I was mentioning ts at the very top of the canyon closest to the swamp

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:35 AM, Vita said:

Because there arent any structure limit laggy bases that have 1000 brontos rexs and gigas in them. The best part of ark is the beginning,and early game PvP before ppl have hundreds of turrets and your frames drop to 0. Its actually fun to be able to fight ppl on foot and have bird battles without someone having full ascendant gear who can kill you in one hit. ALSO it brings back a point in taming,stuff. Right,now on official there is literally no reason to tame any dino. You can go to the facebook trading,forum and buy near max,lvl dino eggs or fully raised ones. 

I enjoy looking for those high lvl wild dinos to tame and breed to make,my,own line that can stand up against other peoples on the server. Also if they get the rates correct it doesnt,take long,at all to do anything. A 150 giga tame is less than 30 minutes on 3x

I agree the start of ARK is almost the most fun. When you have a small base and your raiding other bases for anything they've got. When you get a big base with heaps of turrets and dinos it becomes a bit of a chore as well as a liability. The bigger your base the more you stand to lose as such the game loses its fun.

These apocalypse clusters seem to be a good alternative to the mundane regular ARK but I wonder if they will limit tribe sizes because other wise mega/alpha tribes of 30 players will continue to dominate unchecked.

Secondly while I agree with these kind of servers that wipe every month you need faster resource collecting I think that being able to tame a 150 giga in 30minutes would pretty much invalidate every other dino. If that is the case then when it comes to dinos there won't be a lot of variety in what players are using. Giga, T Rex, Quetzal, Squid, Griffin will be the dominant ones even very early on in the game at a time when players should be working their way up to those by using the early and mid tier dinos.

On 02/03/2018 at 4:35 AM, Vita said:

Have you ever been involved in large scale ark battles? Or you just sooking because you get thumped by alphas?

Watching 10 brontos on fire from flame arrows coming from a base, rexes and gigas fighting in front, quetzals, argies and pteras flying over head dog fighting is epic and the battles that literally rage for days, even a week or two is unique to ark. 

No other game comes close to a full scale ark fight. 

1 hour ago, H3dgie said:

Have you ever been involved in large scale ark battles? Or you just sooking because you get thumped by alphas?

Watching 10 brontos on fire from flame arrows coming from a base, rexes and gigas fighting in front, quetzals, argies and pteras flying over head dog fighting is epic and the battles that literally rage for days, even a week or two is unique to ark. 

Eve online actually has massive fights but Eve is more balanced as an MMO. Ark on the otherhand is not balanced, in part b/c the tames everyone is dependent on act more like vehicles rather than actual animals. Alphas maintain a lot of their power by hoarding tames in very unrealistic settings. Keeping tames standing still in cramped barns shouldn't be possible without tames dying or wrecking things but thats a whole other topic. 

1 hour ago, H3dgie said:

ARK has a certain flavor all it's own, so Dodowhisperer is correct in saying a direct comparison between EVE and ARK is a little bit a case of comparing apples and oranges in this particular instance.

However, heres a fun fact.  The largest battle in EVE Online was last January, and involved 6000 players simultaneously.  This took even EVEs server to the breaking point (and a little beyond) so battles of that scale are not recommended unless absolutely necessary.

32 minutes ago, Dodowhisperer said:

Eve online actually has massive fights but Eve is more balanced as an MMO. Ark on the otherhand is not balanced, in part b/c the tames everyone is dependent on act more like vehicles rather than actual animals. Alphas maintain a lot of their power by hoarding tames in very unrealistic settings. Keeping tames standing still in cramped barns shouldn't be possible without tames dying or wrecking things but thats a whole other topic. 

Yes, i understand eve has huge battles, but its slightly different to ark. Star citizen may be closer to ark than eve eventually.

Ark isnt too unbalanced, I think, but its not perfect. Like every army, the heavy hitters are always the same, and niche dinos are present in battle. Not sure how you could change the way the dinos behaves to be different. 

If you want to change dino storage etc, you would stop these giant battles from happening. Some may like that, personally I dont. 

Personally, I think balance could be fixed instantly overnight in the game if dino storage was fixed to be more realistic. Mega tribes could not form and game play would be democratized as tribe leaders would be more dependent on tribe mates taking care of tames. The larger the tame the more upkeep that should be required. All tames should behave as animals needing to move around, graze etc which would also be a conflict driver too. Large tribes need grazing lands or hunting grounds to feed their dinos. Would be an awesome game fix imho where as apocalypse  game mode could retain the old way of doing dino storage.

Archived