Win 10 Cluster

I have done a little looking around and only found older (December time frame) posts on the subject.  I'm looking to start a cluster on Win 10 for Xbox users.  I would like to have 2 or 3 maps, depending on what my system can handle (I currently only have 16 GB of RAM and don't know if that's going to be enough for 3 maps, especially since I intend to play from the host PC as well).  

From what I have seen it is only possible to set-up a cluster by using multiple Xbox live profiles (not a big deal I already have 1 extra silver account for hosting my current server from an Xbox I can get another easy enough), and the people I've seen posting about it have not gotten character transfers to work properly.  To me that is the most important thing.   We can get new items and tame new creatures easy enough, but without character transfer we can't learn and transfer tekgrams to Aberration (or any other DLC map for that matter). So I guess I'm just looking to see if anyone has any newer information, or a guide that can help walk me through setting up a cluster that will honor character transfers.

TL;DR Is it even possible to setup a Win 10 cluster that allows character transfers, and how?

No, not with hosting from windows store version. You can't link cluster IDs because we don't have command line access and two, it hard to even get your servers to appear on the server list so you could select which server to transfer to.

There is a way for people to upload stuff from one server, have the host close it down, restart the other map, and then download but it is not pretty and not a true cluster. 

Alright, thanks for the response.  I'm kind of upset that they haven't given us the ability to do so.  I assumed that once I got my computer I would be able to start running a cluster instead of my single server, since it is an option for people renting from Nitrado.  I would never give a penny to a server host for something that my rig is perfectly capable of handling.

It's only me and my friends playing on my server at the moment anyways, so I'll just open transfers up and tell them no funny business.

7 hours ago, Archone said:

Alright, thanks for the response.  I'm kind of upset that they haven't given us the ability to do so.  I assumed that once I got my computer I would be able to start running a cluster instead of my single server, since it is an option for people renting from Nitrado.  I would never give a penny to a server host for something that my rig is perfectly capable of handling.

It's only me and my friends playing on my server at the moment anyways, so I'll just open transfers up and tell them no funny business.

I haven't thoroughly tested it but I am pretty sure you can't transfer from single player to opened hosted servers like you can on with a hosted xbox. I tried a few times and it wouldn't work. Good to have uploads/downloads on so people can fast travel around the map or small tribes can store their stuff overnight for 24hrs. If you are able to transfer from a single player to a hosted windows 10 pc version please let me know, thanks. 

Archived