Glider Suit Nerf

Doth

I am an xbox player looking at the PC patch notes. I get that the glider suit needed nerfed and I like how they have done it besides the cooldown mechanic. Adding a cooldown to things that dont make sense is so frustrating and unfun. We already have a cooldown mechanic, it's called stamina. Why are they putting a second one over it instead of adding increased stamina consumption.

Side note: I have the same qualm with the basilisk bury cooldown. Neither the glide suit or the basilisk should have a cooldown because there is no logical reason to it besides silent red letters pop up on the screen that say I'm not aloud. There isn't even a timer or indicator for the basilisk from what I can see. Is there one for the glide suit PC players?

The only other thing I can think of that has a cooldown mechanic atm is the underpowered tek railgun. That is done well because it makes sense and has very obvious indicators. I never played with scorched or rag tames so if they have cooldowns that I don't know about excuse me. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 hours ago, Doth said:

I am an xbox player looking at the PC patch notes. I get that the glider suit needed nerfed and I like how they have done it besides the cooldown mechanic. Adding a cooldown to things that dont make sense is so frustrating and unfun. We already have a cooldown mechanic, it's called stamina. Why are they putting a second one over it instead of adding increased stamina consumption.

Side note: I have the same qualm with the basilisk bury cooldown. Neither the glide suit or the basilisk should have a cooldown because there is no logical reason to it besides silent red letters pop up on the screen that say I'm not aloud. There isn't even a timer or indicator for the basilisk from what I can see. Is there one for the glide suit PC players?

The only other thing I can think of that has a cooldown mechanic atm is the underpowered tek railgun. That is done well because it makes sense and has very obvious indicators. I never played with scorched or rag tames so if they have cooldowns that I don't know about excuse me. 

Please do this.

You could use the glider + a rocket launcher to suicide into enemy turrets and the turrets didn't have the speed to track and shoot you.  So that's why projectiles do 3x damage and you go slower.  Instead of buffing turrets, which should ALWAYS track, they nerfed the glide suit.

You could also double jump spam to a great advantage in 1v1 pvp.  Hence the cooldown.

Cooldown, IMO is stupid.  Better tracking on turrets would have solved things.  The 1v1 advantage is negated if the other player had a glide suit as well.  3x dmg from projectiles is stupid.  I'm wearing MORE metal on my chest.  20 weight worth.  Why would I take more damage from projectiles?

Good. I don't agree with the glide speed change, but overall the glider suit was too OP and needed the nerf...hence the reason I brought it up a few weeks back. For people who really knew how to use them, Glider Suits mechanics were broken as hell...I mean, there was absolutely no reason to have infinite flight. These changes address the broken mechanics fairly well while still leaving most of the fun intact. The glide speed sounds like a crap, but gliding fast usually comes from dives anyway...so hopefully the speed difference doesn't feel too outrageous.

Archived