How did you die last?

Cymas

Because Ark is unforgiving and death happens to everyone, even the most experienced of players.

I was hunting yutys up in the snow, had put a trap down to make it easier. They're even more ADD than spinos, which I didn't think possible. Anyway I had found a high level one to tame, but it was engaged with a wolf pack. Wolves are so OP they just shred everything now, especially on Ragnarok where they tend to be high levels and travel in large packs. I was trying to kite the yuty and get it away from the wolves long enough to kill them, so what I wanted to do was get it in the trap first. Unfortunately I forgot to change the gate settings (S+) so I dismounted my spino and ran into the trap to fix it. Well, a wolf apparently decided I was a better target than the yuty and slipped in under a gap (trap was on a hill) and attacked me. His first hit knocked me back against the gate and I got stuck on his stupid face. He tore me to pieces while I was trying to get unstuck and get my sword out at the same time. It was level 280 (difficulty 10 on this server) and he had his buff up, so yeah.

I did go back and kill him dead afterwards, but the rest of the pack had killed the yuty by then. Just another day on the Ark.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy (my wife) and I joined @GP 's cluster a couple of nights ago as our first foray into online Ark'ing (instead of playing on our own private internal only servers as we have for the last year).

Starting from nothing is something we quite like doing and have got quite adept at between us and we're already building a fairly substantial stone base hanging off the side of the hill near the blue obi (Ragnarok).

How did I die? Errrrm I fell off the roof I was building... :$

Battle Eye Idle kick timer ..kicked me while i was hovering over water while waiting for the Dup' timer to finish,,I drowned b4 i could relog

..oh and dam those dragons are hard to get on while on Follow...need a land whistle..

.follow..don't follow ..follow  quick don't follow..is too unreliable to get the thing to land

30 minutes ago, Agra71 said:

..oh and dam those dragons are hard to get on while on Follow...need a land whistle..

.follow..don't follow ..follow  quick don't follow..is too unreliable to get the thing to land

You can use the "go here" whistle (comma , by default). Can also put your wyvern in a whistle group by itself so you can tell it "go here" without making a mess of your other dinos that may be around ;)

Was mining oil in the snow on The Island, jumped off my argy to get a node and a purlovia popped up, leaped at me and knocked me off the cliff to splatter in the slope below. Getting to my corpse was a nightmare as every time I tried to slide down to where it was, it would slide me further. I eventually had to get a grappling hook to get it as I reeled in. This was made even more of a pain when the server crashed on the way back home and I had to get my corpse all over again after the rollback.

Death by microraptor for me. Riding on my thylo going back to my base after exploring the desert on Ragnarok, and got involved in a tussle with some beavers and raptors. Microraptor ambused me, taking me off my mount and killed me while the thylo was distracted by the angry horde of beavers. Thankfully I got back to find my thylo and jerboa still alive.

I was on my crafting character and my boyfriend was taming a quetz so I brought our quetz over for him to stand on so he could reach where it was knocked on a pillar. I ran naked back to our house which was a decent distance away. I shockingly enough made it back alive, but on the way found a pego to tame. I flew back over on a ptera, left that with my boyfriend where it would be safe and managed to tame the pego. As soon as I started to go back to get the ptera to fly home, which included a short swim across a river, my naked crafter got eaten by a piranha. Luckily the quetz had a bed on it, so I was able to get back quick enough to save the pego, lol. 

Actual death (not game malfunction related): Got stuck on a saber I was tranquing. Almost had him down when he had a few buddies join in to finish me off. That was probably a month ago.

Last death (not including insane PS4 update last night): I was flying Wyvern, dc'd. Wyvern was too high in air for spyglass whistle so I found a Carno and started punching him to see if i could knock him out before he killed me. I could not. 

The server I was on completely crashed then my game,froze causing me to reset my app. I was flying back into the base full of metal and,obsidian but lagged out right before the front,gate. When i logged back in my,player was killed by a pterandon and a man sniped my tame to death before I could even finish the spawn animation. 

So last night ... see red beacon with gold ring!  Hop on "Thunderbolt" my Lightening Wyvern, and as we land at the beacon, we are attacked by a whole horde of baddies. We kill them all. Then I see a raptor coming in. I hit the lightening button, and then jump off the Wyvern.......

directly into his still continuing lightening!  :Stamina:

I saw the death message and I just shook my head laughing at how dumb I am.

Death by surface reaper kings.  Drop hunting and pushed my luck a little too far, get to a yellow drop and jump off my drake even though i hear the kings rising out of the ground.  Im fast and have done this dozens of times, steal the drop and take off before the kings even move towards me.  This time the server decides to do a large rubber band as im trying to remount my drake, i took about 6 bites to kill as im standing under my drake trying to get on with no response.  Easily over 90% of my deaths in ark are due to server issues and not poor decisions, learned that again the hard way.

Archived