How did you die last?

Cymas

Wife was trying to kill something or other with her argent at Dead Island on the beach. She accidentally touches the water and gets thrown off. As I fly in on my argent to grab her off the beach, a raptor I didn't notice drags me off my argent and pins me. After i manage to get up, a second raptor pins me down. Finally I manage to get out and hop on my argent and start flying away only to realize that I was stung by a scorpion, go unconscious (I was out of stims and had not really planned on fighting scorpions) fall in the water and drown. At least I manged to get my gear back.

Dear raptors, I have two words for you, and they aren't Happy Birthday.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on my way back to my raft on foot in the Ragnarok swamps at night, using my flashlight on my shotgun to check water before I crossed, spotted a baryonyx in water I had to cross and stopped, before I could do anything a sarco ambushed me from the side and pushed me into the water where I got stun locked and double teamed. 

Was Tranq’ing a Rex right on the Freezing zone boarder, i was stood on to of another gibes behemoth gateway as turn as the Rex turned tail, got you i though... nope fell of the gateway, too too much fall damage but still alive, run from the Rex I thought, nope died from the cold. My base was half a map away ? 

mths time before was worse though... parked my argy full of resources next to the window so I could jump off and pass the stuff from the argy through the window to the smithy.  Jumped of the dyno toward the window insta-death. No idea why.

Not my most recent death, but a memorable one nonetheless:

An unofficial Ragnarok server I used to play on had an admin event, where if you take a 225 or higher Argent and dive into the volcano, an admin would spawn in a phoenix for you. I participated in the event, and it was weird.

First off, you need to tell an admin that you'd like to do the event. You then bring your naked ass and an argent up to the volcano (there's an S+ air conditioner there, no worries about heatstroke) And let like 4 or 5 naked players stand around you performing a ritual of reincarnation or some crap. After about 10 minutes of hearing these cultists chant nonsense, I finally roared, "To hell with your pomp and circumstance!" and dove in. Got a 225 phoenix when I came back.

died going into the boss fight. not even in the fight yet. SMH put all the stuff in to generate the portal and was standing waiting for the timer to put us in the arena and then zap. killed by one of my lightning wyverns that a tribemate was riding. He played dumb like he didn't know what happened. As soon as they get in the arena my dragon takes revenge by killing said tribemate on the platform. lol karma

• Volunteer Moderator

login into Ab kinda late one evening after a few beverages and think "ya, lets take out the drake and maybe check a few nests" (camp is about a 5 second glide from the straight drop down to the huge skeleton at the bottom). sweet glide to the edge and hold onto your butts straight into the abyss, slam into the skull when i notice the radiation sickness -- dang, forgot to put on my suit, whatever lol, ill throw it on real quick. access my drakes inventory and yup.....its empty O.o. already about halfway down on health i know i will never make it back out so i climb one of the big metal thingys as quickly as possible and make it to one of the lil flat spots. here i wait to die.

alls well that ends well though (other than getting one tribemate killed and then having to wake up my wife to help) --- gear, bulbdog and drake were recovered.

always have 2 hazmat suits on my drake now:D

Those wild high lvl therizinos man.

I'm riding around on my 290 therizino feeling badass and super strong. Only dinos I avoid are titano and giga. And high lvl theris sometimes. But this time I felt confident and thought ok 19 out of 20 times I don't get bitten unconscious in fights with high lvl theris. I attacked the lvl 130. I killed hundreds of wild theris with my theri before, that's why I knew that one had a lot of health. More health = longer surviving = more chances to get bitten. It bit me too often, my desert armor broke and I fell unconscious, then got killed by it.

I was really impressed by its health pool. It tanked many hits. When I came back my theri had killed it. I grabbed my stuff and didn't feel so badass anymore.

Dimos. Again. This time I was working on a Mindwipe Tonic and took my mammoth down to the swamp to whack a few trees. Got attacked by a titanoboa and a sarco at the edge, in the midst of battle hit a dimo I never even saw. Of course it's the swamp so there isn't just one, there were about 6. Mammoth hitbox is as bad as rex for dimos, I killed all but one and the last one killed me.

Respawned, grabbed a bird and retrieved my body. Took about 10 steps and got dragged off by a kapro. The dimos broke all my armor so I had no defense, before I even got my pike out a piranha ate me.

Came back with my rex to recover everything and get the stupid mushrooms. 20 minutes of nonsense for 30 seconds of harvesting.

Gave myself more HP.

Archived