How did you die last?

Cymas

I jumped off a cliff because I just got back from stealing Rock Drake egg at that time, so for losing aggro I did that. Did this twice.

Come to think of it, my character hardly ever die in Ark, or even if my char dies, it's manageable death, either on purpose or made sure I can get my gears back easily. 

99% of the time, it's because of disconnection, either having a real internet connection problem or crash, crash also leads to DC. For examples, DC while taming an otter, DC while in the air riding a Rock Drake without having a glider, DC right in front of a Karkinos once, etc.  The game needs a better protection from disconnection problem because crash also leads to dc, and the game isn't that stable to begin with.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cousins and I play on our own dedicated Abberation server so we ventured out into the blue zone 2 of us on crabs my other cousin on a spino I renamed Dum Dum. See what did I do on ark today for that story. Anyway we get separated and he dies. He tells us he went jumped down a waterfall into a lake so my other cousin slick and I back track to what we think is the right one we see a spino down there and my cousins bulbdog dies a minute later he does as well. I try to get his crab out but it died. We jumped in the element lake. We were in the red zone as we have never been down there before I started looking for away out and getting attacked by everything at one point I had 4 reaper queens after me. I finally died after he queen killed my crab by a level 90 rock drake.

I don't die very often, and usually those are bug related. The last two were.

The most recent death was aberration surface related. The server crashed about 20 minutes after i had left the surface (always leave by 3am just in case of fatal error, DC, etc) and upon logging in, i was back on the surface and the place was on fire. I tried making it to the exit to the Fallen Nexus but in  a matter of seconds I died, my lvl 293 bulbdog died, and my lvl 190 hatched, 100% imprinted drake with 44 points in dmg (iirc 346% pre-imprint) died a few seconds later while i was respawning. The most appalling thing was the time was 2:24am when i died on a 90% night.

A few days before that i fell through the map with my 145 wild Basilisk which was hauling about 7k ingots. Helpful tip, stay away from the redwood-like trees on basilisks. Both me and two allies lost ours when they fell through while going between the trees.

I lived on the west coast, and I ran to the northern snowy area (The Island) I have 150% movement speed and 250 stamina, since I like to run, so it was a pretty easy walk. I saw a T-Rex and im like, "sweet, I wanty", and im equiped with Flak and a sword, and a cross bow with tranq arrows. So after dodging this Rex like a pro I finally knocked it out, I tamed it pretty easy. And on my really really long walk back, my rex got caught on some trees, because big dino. So I walked a bit ahead of it for that dino runnin' action. and I turned around, and saw a raptor, 2 of 'em. And so my first thought was "Easy" since I am pretty much a tank, with increased Melee damage and health. So I went for those thangs and he lunged on me, looking at my not moving health I was just like "Ok there bud, get off meh" and then my armor broke... I ded. I went back there and saw my T-rex just standing there with nothing in the area, them raptors deaded. I'm sure a few people while reading this thought that I was gonna die to the Rex huh xD no I die to stupid things.

Its been a while since I died in combat with dinos as opposed to glitches but it came yesterday. I was out leveling my new Fire Wyvern when I spotted a pair of alpha raptors. Oh yeah, good exp. I started to clear out the normal raptors that were running with the alphas and scorched a micro. Oh boy, stunned and on the ground. First the bugs started hitting me so I am poisoned, then as I try to get back to my wyv, the raptor pack decides I am the better target. Even with decent armor on, I didnt last long. The only good thing, was as I re-spawned I kept waiting to see the announcement of my Wyvern death yet it never came. It seems the raptor pack decided to go after normal prey and left him alone.

This is why I love this game. No matter how good your gear or dinos, Arc will still kick your butt on occasion. At least I can take some pride in this death as opposed to when the diplo knocked me off a cliff.

Archived