is it worth playing primitive plus or just good old vanilla

ScarfaceVP

I started off playing ARK on a Prim+ server - spent 18 months on it and thoroughly enjoyed it. My only issues at the time were:

1. Very slow loading in times. Took almost 5 mins to get in server

2. Didnt have Ghillie armours due to not having the items at the time - the game isnt updated nearly enough for my liking

3. The community was quite small

Other than the above, I really enjoyed it. I have now been on vanilla for about 2.5 years and I cant even remember why I didnt start off on it.

Primitive was always my favorite. Without the gunpowder grind the game was a lot less grindy and a lot more dino dependant. Prim Plus being the only nonlegacy supported option now I migrated to there. It is still incredibly less grindy than vanilla overall and simply has a better feel to it for most people who try it. Pvp balance has some issues but I will trade all of those issues to not ever have to worry about the Tek grind and more toxic vanilla environment.

7 minutes ago, Rootbeer441 said:

I really love primitive, I haven't played much of it but I've seen just about everything and it seems so much better. Things look a lot better and there are more things to do/make.

Except all the new content released is r vanilla.  So u get a few more primitive weapons...Exactly how does that stack against all the firearms, industrial structures, faster knock outs to an already super long taming experience, simply adding more to do late game that the vanilla offers.  Im a solo guy and getting the resources wasnt hard.  Lets not 4get everything new thats released u cnt get on P+ bcus u just a cave man lol

Archived