SE loot crate farming

devid20

Can we get a NO-Spawn zone near the loot crates just like the Obelisk? The players just putting small bases all around them in pve and using beds to travel between them. Ofcourse you can't do it in pvp because someone will destroy it pretty fast, but in pve the players are destroying the animal spawns, and the desert just looks like sh...

• 2 weeks later...

There is already a small no build zone right on top of the loot crate area.

I wouldn't worry too much about people building next to them and here is why.

I use to have the same opinion as you but since then it has changed. I was able to amass so far 8 full vaults of items from the se loot crates by just flying the Wyvern around the desert.

My suggestion is pick a time when there are very few players online and fly around the desert getting the crates. Once you find the times you are able to get the crates, just stick to that schedule and you'll be surprised as how much you will get.

Just remember this, once you get the loot crates start a count down timer for 45min and head back out when the timer goes off. You'll be swimming in bps and items in no time.

On 2018. 03. 12. at 10:45 PM, LarryLafer said:

There is already a small no build zone right on top of the loot crate area.

I wouldn't worry too much about people building next to them and here is why.

I use to have the same opinion as you but since then it has changed. I was able to amass so far 8 full vaults of items from the se loot crates by just flying the Wyvern around the desert.

My suggestion is pick a time when there are very few players online and fly around the desert getting the crates. Once you find the times you are able to get the crates, just stick to that schedule and you'll be surprised as how much you will get.

Just remember this, once you get the loot crates start a count down timer for 45min and head back out when the timer goes off. You'll be swimming in bps and items in no time.

Iam already doing it with a wyvern. But the proble is that people can make these small bases in every pve server, and they don't even need to play in there. And the people who are actually playing on the servers will barely even found a crate.

On 3/24/2018 at 5:05 AM, RaidenSola said:

the pillbox buildings are annoying but there really isn't any major spawns that happen right next to the dune drops

Agreed, there are no big spawns around there and they don't stop the worms sneaking up on you, i have used both the boxes and they wyvern, and they each have their own merits, if you are breeding the boxes give you something to do while you are stuck on server, and when you have time take they wyvern and get some poly while you pickup the spoils and hope to bump into more.  

I'm a wyvern flyer myself, I don't have the time to visit those boxes once a week to keep the despawn timer up with playing so many other maps, but when I am flying around admittedly those little pillbox villages make it easier to find the drops.  I can spot those at a fair distance sooner than the drop becomes visible in most cases.

• 1 month later...

On 3/18/2018 at 11:42 PM, xpredatorx said:

Not helping.

On 3/24/2018 at 11:05 AM, RaidenSola said:

the pillbox buildings are annoying but there really isn't any major spawns that happen right next to the dune drops

On 4/1/2018 at 7:28 PM, RaidenSola said:

I'm a wyvern flyer myself, I don't have the time to visit those boxes once a week to keep the despawn timer up with playing so many other maps, but when I am flying around admittedly those little pillbox villages make it easier to find the drops.  I can spot those at a fair distance sooner than the drop becomes visible in most cases.

11 hours ago, Abjure said:

Yeah, you can find during day simple crate spot thanks to "smurf" village but isnt help from other players. Vice versa.

Admittedly, these boxes also act as a "X marks the spot" kind of deal for crate running. And to be honest, it may affect the spawn of dino a bit, but not to a major point. I still find a scorpion or mantis spawning near the boxes.

people keep suggesting this doesnt happen on pvp, that the enemy can and will blow up those boxes. well, they are wrong. the thing is, if you are confident enough to consider building a hut near those drops (island underwater caves mainly, plus rag and scorched deserts), your alliance probably owns that server. even if your location did get blown into every other day, it's still worth it. a new vault every day is still worth it. the 25min respawn rate is just too OP not to take advantage of.

there are 2 solutions to this problem and it doesn't involve decay timers or no-build zones, both of which you can work around. anyways, first being the easiest, just up the respawn interval. 2h cooldown seems reasonable. secondly, which really bugs me to hell is, i don't like fast travels and suiciding. i've suggested this before actually. i'd like the implant to store like 10% of your exp. when you drop it, you go backwards in progression. i dont care if people would use it to basically mindwipe themselves. eventually the drain will get to them. these two combined would probably work on both platforms and add a new lvl of difficulty where death matters :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived