Reaper King baby

Pas

So got a baby made a building for it, litterally it has 3 layers of walls (foundation/wall/foundation/wall/foundation/wall) and still little raptorer escaped the building 3 times how do you guys build for this ?

And now I cant see it anymore it hit Juvenile and its in 'burrowing mode' I have imprinted on it could get in its inventory chance its behaviour and stuff but cant see it.

Resolved with a whistle all after an hour of trying.

Baby reapers are constantly on wander and like all dinos on wander not in a wooden cage they can move through walls if you leave render and come back.  Best and most boring solution is to stay around your base for the entire 8 hour baby stage.  If you are not around when it transitions from baby to juvi they will burrow at the least as you have seen but will also sometimes become invisible.  Just yesterday had a GM come to our base to remove a burrowed reaper that was stuck on the top of our base.  Long story short keep them in render while a baby and they are easy.

6 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

Baby reapers are constantly on wander and like all dinos on wander not in a wooden cage they can move through walls if you leave render and come back.  Best and most boring solution is to stay around your base for the entire 8 hour baby stage.  If you are not around when it transitions from baby to juvi they will burrow at the least as you have seen but will also sometimes become invisible.  Just yesterday had a GM come to our base to remove a burrowed reaper that was stuck on the top of our base.  Long story short keep them in render while a baby and they are easy.

QFT. And you are lucky your whistle worked for your Reaper. Some people's Juvy Reaper King won't respond to whistle and has to wait for GM to move it out like Dreadnaught do.

What I like to do is hatch that sucker right before I go to sleep. It's baby stage lasts juuuuust under 8 hours, so I pop it, let it kill me filling it's inventory with meat, and then after making sure in have full food\water AND there are multiple light pets near me so I never lose charge buff ( could just put a z plant in room ) I sit in a chair so the baby never un loads, and I go to sleep or work. Way bam baby stage done, time for imprint.

7 hours ago, Rhinenorr said:

What I like to do is hatch that sucker right before I go to sleep. It's baby stage lasts juuuuust under 8 hours, so I pop it, let it kill me filling it's inventory with meat, and then after making sure in have full food\water AND there are multiple light pets near me so I never lose charge buff ( could just put a z plant in room ) I sit in a chair so the baby never un loads, and I go to sleep or work. Way bam baby stage done, time for imprint.

Make sure you forcefeed the Reaper King, because sometimes it won't even eat food inside after it had been aggro'd.

Try lining the walls with large storage chests and floors with large crop plots.  Both render before walls/foundations and should prevent wandering through walls.  Line the inside, not outside.  Also, having a buried reaper king outside the cage will cause the baby to try to attack it (and fail) and it won't lose food.  It'll just sit there above the buried king.

Archived