What is your tribe responsibilities?

AFXAcid

When I ran a small tribe we all had our own responsibilities and I picked up the slack, but in practice it didn't really work that well. If someone couldn't or didn't want to play for example, that meant their "job" wasn't getting done. And a lot of the time when it came to anything involving a decision they would leave it to me because they didn't want to "upset" anyone even when we had all agreed on whatever it was. So I was doing all the dirty work anyway. Small tribe management as a leader involved way too much micromanaging, I imagine it may actually be easier in a large tribe when you can delegate overseer type roles.

Now I'm in a 2-man tribe, just me and a close friend. This time around (we've played on multiple servers together) he's primarily the builder and he does a lot of the upkeep since he's at base a lot of the time anyway. I'm more of the hunter/tamer. I went out and got most of our utility tames, and I lead/direct most of our hunting expeditions. Even on a map we're unfamiliar with (Ragnarok), I've got a knack for finding exactly what we need/want. We're both breeders but we vary a lot in our preferences. He basically just breeds argents on every server we've been on, and spinos when we have some good ones to breed. I used to breed spinos but lately I've been more interested in other animals. I'm much more variable like that, I'll pick animals pretty much on a whim. I do try to only do one project at a time though, and I actively cull as I go. He doesn't, and he's ended up with some pretty huge flocks which kind of annoys me, but as long as they aren't in my way whatever.

As far as stats, I like fortitude, speed and stamina, but I usually end up with a bunch of points in weight as well. HP I'll do some, but tbh I rarely fight anything on foot so it's not a huge deal.

2 man tribe and we kinda do everything. Tribemate is a rex breeder and I breed whatever I feel like that day.  I also am the trader since I make the most deals. He seems to be the tamer of the group but I refined the process by putting together the kibble farm. It works out well and we don't have any issues. If he isn't on then i'll do the base maintenance and feed the animals. Skills are pretty general. I still have lots of unused crafting points as I don't unlock something till I need to use it.

On official I was the leader, breeder, assistant builder, and trader. My older brother was the primary builder and my younger brother was the explorer/scout.

We'd all band together to tame, or build a new base, but most of the time we do our own thing. 

Pretty much the same now on unofficial, except we do much more as a unit, and don't trade. 

We don't really have any kind of assigned roles or responsibilities, everyone's free to basically do whatever, and it works great for us. Everything is everybody's job, it just comes down to who is on or going to be on at a given time. "mind topping off the troughs while I'm at work?" "could you check my imprint timers next time you're there?" "anybody put poop in the beetles lately?" 

I'm solo in a tribe and do everything by myself. Gathering, building, taming, breeding, exploring, caving, getting drake eggs with a spino etc.

Only thing I haven't done by myself is boss fights. Not sure if I even can solo them. But I don't have boss dinos anyway. I don't even have a single rex because I never cared much for them.

Archived