Favorite map to start?

Therizinosaurus

Just an average question but I'm legitimately curious- what's your favorite map to start on? Personally, I like The Center. My favorite map in Ragnarok but as far as starting, its the center. Amazing ruins, levels are average, but the only issue I have is that the dinos you find are usually hard to take on that early on (Carnos, Allos, etc-)

I like the Center but have issues with Gigas and other dinos spawning on tiny points above on the rock pillars, I personally love Ragnarok, its great to build with a view, and would love the Center more if it got some more love but that won't happen.  Ragnarok would be better as well if they added more the cave below the castle feels unfinished down there.  I know they planned for more but wish they would have added more caves into the massive mountains as well to round it off.  

Ragnarok first Center second.

Like many, The Island. I really think it is a very complete map to start in that does not provide too many natural barriers to cross it.

Ragnarok is great but if you want to rely on being on the ground, the map is very vertical, it closes off areas and give more of an RPG feel. Ragnarok always gave me the impression the map wants to me start on a spot and gradually move me forward as part of a progression. Which is fine and fun. Also this is the only place the Griffin and Ice Wyvern can be obtained. 

I never hid the fact I am not a fan of The Center, I actually love the island surrounded by waterfalls and it is possible to make the construction  of my dreams there, but the overall layout of the landmass doesn't appeal to me. Never have I tried underwater there, I would imagine that is something awesome for aquatic tribes and may change my opinion on this map whenever I come back to it for its bosses.

Scorched Earth and Aberration are advanced maps to me, they will be harder from the start, unless of course you bring in a leveled up character, which would make things easier. On SE my character died a lot out of thirst as water is rarer.

It all would come down to personal taste though, but I am trying to bring in few friends to my server, and i know they would get frustrated by the difficulty on SE, so I will have them go to The Island first to get some experience there before moving on.

Cheers!

Scorched Earth is and will always be my favorite map.  Something about the excitement of seeing the dinosaurs and other creatures in that desert environment on top of the gameplay changes really speaks to me.  Scorched Earth has hands down the easiest kibble list, so that is where I really got my start breeding.  The map is extremely well designed and fun to explore, I've never gotten stuck on any badly place rocks (unlike aberration, which I usually get pinned on badly placed rocks and pre placed structures at least twice a session).  While the environment is harsh, resources are much easier to come by on scorched earth, which really helps a solo like myself.  Death Worm hunting is probably the biggest seller for me, as it offers the quickest way to level Dinos like the Rex and Giga.  My only gripe is that the map has received zero love since the release of the phoenix, I was really hoping for another scorched earth boss aside from the Manticore.

Archived