What happened to NPC Bush People?

nexolight

Apparently one of the more endorsed mods "NPC Bush people" was removed from steam 1-2 days back and let me with the question what just happened?

I looked up the last comments in the google web cache
but there's no hint about something like this.

Then I noticed that the mod steam account has vanished. (http://steamcommunity.com/id/npcswords/)

Apparently it is not possible to just delete the steam account. However a VAC ban would not lead to that as well.

not sure what you mean from endorsed, but it was sort of popular and well reason many mods disappear is the mod creator which has nothing to do with WC may have moved on to another game or simply grew tired of trying to update with a dev kit that always changes each update as well.

Not sure why its gone it just is what it is I guess.

13 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

not sure what you mean from endorsed, but it was sort of popular and well reason many mods disappear is the mod creator which has nothing to do with WC may have moved on to another game or simply grew tired of trying to update with a dev kit that always changes each update as well.

Not sure why its gone it just is what it is I guess.

Oh I'm sorry for that. I missinterpreted the meaning of "endorsed" as something which a lot of people like.

@Invincibleqc 

thx for the tagging. I wasn't even aware he has an account here. But if all the Twitter and Youtube account are gone as well it was a personal probably not easy decision driven by something major. I heard he has now an "123" steam profile. That's not good news for the mod. @Swords whatever the reason is I would love to see the mod online again. Maybe under a separated steam account dedicated to development? 

we dont know why he is gone why he left if the mod was this heavily endorsed i wouldnt see a reason to give up he also had a mod called farm bot which i tested had some flaws but was amazing a human npc would go gather resources and then bring em back to a area you placed down would have been great because you could go adventure and when you come back new resources to build craft etc was like city management ark style he claimed last i heard he was going to put it together with NPC bush people like merge em then it just all vanished

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, GerbilRex said:

Yeah, I hate when people abandon and delete mods. Just leave em so people can play!

At the end of the day, this was his work and we all have to respect his decision and I guess be grateful he shared it for as long as he did.

On 02/03/2018 at 10:15 PM, invincibleqc said:

At the end of the day, this was his work and we all have to respect his decision and I guess be grateful he shared it for as long as he did.

Allow me to disagree.
Removing the steam mod without giving any explanation to those who supported and encouraged its development over the past few years is not a correct attitude.
If Sword gave up continuing the development of the mod, he would record this desire and leave the mod on steam for use "at your own risk".
And, even deciding to remove the mod from the steam, to warn before and set a deadline for its removal.
From the way he acted, he looked very childish.

And sorry for my bad english.

• Wildcard Community
On 3/8/2018 at 10:35 AM, Ahetulla said:

Ya I have to agree.  WildCard probably bought him out.  Single Player would be great to play with NPC going about and building their own bases and stuff so we could go to war with them.  Sad.

While Wildcard did not employ the services of @Swords, we do wish him well in whatever endeavors he has decided to move onto. I know a number of the staff enjoyed his mods just as players did.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:25 AM, IamNoob said:

Allow me to disagree.
Removing the steam mod without giving any explanation to those who supported and encouraged its development over the past few years is not a correct attitude.
If Sword gave up continuing the development of the mod, he would record this desire and leave the mod on steam for use "at your own risk".
And, even deciding to remove the mod from the steam, to warn before and set a deadline for its removal.
From the way he acted, he looked very childish.

And sorry for my bad english.

Though i agree that vanishing like the author did is usually unprofessional, the decision was ultimately between them and any sponsors they had, and not the community. They did not need to do anything more than what they did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived