BIGGEST ARK SALE ON ALL PLATFORMS EVER! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
StephStephina

My ideas to stop "cap"-Problem

Hello Devs, Game Masters, Support, 

The big Problem, i know that u already know, is, that nearly every official non-legacy Server is at dino-limit or close to it...

I have the following ideas to solve this Problem, and all participants pls feel free to discuss 🤗

1. Change payment system? 

In for example World of Warcraft ppl are ready to pay for a Game monthly (or for 3 months). You can use this Money to Open new/ more Servers.

2. Delete the Dinos, whitch fall through the map and still exist on Dino Limit?

3. stop people from deposit dinos over several servers?

4. Limit the use of rafts to 1? (On SE to 0... )

5.1 Make every bossfight available on all Maps? (maybe Not Aberration Boss)) so tribes dont need to be in 3 or more Servers and deposit 3x amount of Boss dinos... Boss items need to be chnaged for map

5.2 Aktivate tek-cave as a bossfight, so ppl can go in it like in every other bossfight and from everywhere?

Thats my ideas. Sorry für my bad english..

Other stuff:

- Disable offline protection at obelisks, some cant be used for bossfight, because people have their Dinos there and block hole place over days or weeks...

39 minutes ago, StephStephina said:

Hello Devs, Game Masters, Support, 

The big Problem, i know that u already know, is, that nearly every official non-legacy Server is at dino-limit or close to it...

I have the following ideas to solve this Problem, and all participants pls feel free to discuss 🤗

1. Change payment system? 

In for example World of Warcraft ppl are ready to pay for a Game monthly (or for 3 months). You can use this Money to Open new/ more Servers.

2. Delete the Dinos, whitch fall through the map and still exist on Dino Limit?

3. stop people from deposit dinos over several servers?

4. Limit the use of rafts to 1? (On SE to 0... )

5.1 Make every bossfight available on all Maps? (maybe Not Aberration Boss)) so tribes dont need to be in 3 or more Servers and deposit 3x amount of Boss dinos... Boss items need to be chnaged for map

5.2 Aktivate tek-cave as a bossfight, so ppl can go in it like in every other bossfight and from everywhere?

Thats my ideas. Sorry für my bad english..

Other stuff:

- Disable offline protection at obelisks, some cant be used for bossfight, because people have their Dinos there and block hole place over days or weeks...

1. I'd pay a fee for servers with good support. Good support means less than 24h for a reply to a ticket, and getting stuff replaced that has been lost due to bugs.

2. Makes sense, but sometimes you still can save them after a while so they should get a timer maybe, that doesn't refresh when the owner is nearby. Nkt sure how that would be possible 

3. How? I am not willing to build a base and start breeding from scratch on rag, when I already have boss rexes on the island that I can simply transfer. I want my quetz on SE, and my Wyvern on the island. Disabling transfers would be sooo annyoing. Someone suggested a dino limit per Account, maybe something like this could work - but people woukd probably just buy more copies of the game. 

4. That's a little low! We have two mobile traps on the island, one mobile giga Killer raft and one raft to go to caves (4) and use them all. We're fishing in the desert too :(

5.1 you already have the SE boss and the dragon on rag, and can unlock the otger engrams on the island or center - you only need to visit two maps to unlock everything (+aberration ofc), that's not too bad. I wish for the items to be transferable though. 

5.2 Sounds really really boring. I think it's cool to have this darker, intimidating area where you can enter from. 

1, 3, 4, 5-5.2 Are either unfeasible or wont affect cap. At all.

2. Is somewhat already in place but in a different form, albeit doesnt work with unmounted dinos (devs' oversight, imo). Currently it teleports players and mounted dinos to the surface in case game detects them in "under the map teleport zone". This current incomplete state of the feature also allows for some dirty undermeshing shenanigans.

2 hours ago, StephStephina said:

This could be interesting to see implemented. I'd add other "no-build" zones on PvE servers to this as well (caves).

My ideas how to deal with tame limit cap:

1. Limit tribes to 15 players per.

2. Limit alliance size to 3 tribes only.

3. Limit amount of alliances available to tribe to 1.

4. Limit dino cap to 100 for solo player, 100+50 for every player other than tribe founder for tribes (capped at 500).

5. Make platform saddles with structures affect only tribe cap instead of tribe and global cap.

This should make tame limit abuse by "1-player tribes in alliance" and storing dinos on other servers a logistical nightmare.

• Like 2

Maybe they should have just converted all the servers they previously deleted into new servers instead of only about half of them.  (One third were converted to new servers if you don't count Aberration.)

Also what is the tame cap now?  I believe in legacy it was 9500 but I heard the for the new servers they made it 5500.

Edited by DeningWei

Ideas i have that could help in using servers as storage facilities that force people to play where they keep their dinos

1.  Put a timer on how long till you can transfer dinos over.  Oh you just transferred to the server?  No you must keep your character here before transferring 20 dinos total for the day.

2. Shorten the amount of time you can be away from your dinos and on another server.  Make it an absolute chore to play on one server and have to keep coming back to your dino storage 

Besides removing mate boosting as a requirement for kibble eggs, they should also reduce the number of different kibbles needed for imprints and consolidate some as well. Hopefully they're already working on these simple changes that not only would help with tame cap, but also lag and the future introduction of new tames to the game.

20 minutes ago, Ascendant said:

Besides removing mate boosting as a requirement for kibble eggs, they should also reduce the number of different kibbles needed for imprints and consolidate some as well. Hopefully they're already working on these simple changes that not only would help with tame cap, but also lag and the future introduction of new tames to the game.

THE simplest change to kibble system is to make babies only require their species' preferred kibble. Because it makes sense: why would babies ask for a treat something their species dont like? And because devs have done it already with Wyverns that ask for milk only and Rock Drakes (nameless poison).

On 25-2-2018 at 2:02 PM, DarthaNyan said:

4. Limit dino cap to 100 for solo player

This will make most of the advance breedings instantly quit Ark, including myself. 

Currently working on rex, anky, quetz, thyla, argent, tapejara and equus. Thats well over 250 dino's. Add the kibble farm and wyverns and trade dino's to that and you're already at 400-450 for 1 person. Just have a split in servers, easy as that. 

- EU servers: Can only be accesed by EU.

- NA servers: Can only be accesed by NA

etc. etc. etc. and than have:

- Clutch Servers which can be accesed by everyone as we have them now if you want to play with friends divided over the world. 

That on its own will solve every single cap problem. Chinese/Russian tribes keep their servers on very low pop whilst pumping all their useless tames and kibble farms (which they don't use) to other servers capping them. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

That on its own will solve every single cap problem.

Except that it will solve nothing but segregate community, which is never good for the game. And will create all sorts of problems for PvP servers.

38 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

This will make most of the advance breedings instantly quit Ark, including myself. 

Currently working on rex, anky, quetz, thyla, argent, tapejara and equus. Thats well over 250 dino's. Add the kibble farm and wyverns and trade dino's to that and you're already at 400-450 for 1 person.

And THATS the core problem. Game as is doesnt promote tribing up on PvE servers.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:47 AM, wardem0n said:

I2. Shorten the amount of time you can be away from your dinos and on another server.  Make it an absolute chore to play on one server and have to keep coming back to your dino storage 

I maintain a base on scorched earth, Ragnarok, and Aberration.  If something like this were to happen,  I would quit the game.  This would make it nigh impossible to maintain all 3 bases.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2018 at 9:44 AM, felipe3232 said:

The 2 things that might save us from that cap, are:

1. Monthly fee so they can open more quality servers.

2. Kibble system rework.

Neither will fix anything.

Option 1 is never EVER going to happen in Ark because it would require a complete programming overhaul for such a fundamental shift in direction. Ark is in no way capable of functioning on such a system, and Wildcard is in no way capable of executing such a feat in any time-frame that would be relevant to the lifespan of the game.

Option 2 will not fix the tame cap. If breeders/tamers don't need two dodos for making eggs, that doesn't mean they will free up to empty slots on the server, it just means they'll hatch two more Rexes.

Tame cap can only be solved by a combination of more powerful server hardware and a concerted effort by official players to exercise moderation. If you're on official and what to play on high pop servers, get used to the cap for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by LouSpowells

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

Option 2 will not fix the tame cap. If breeders/tamers don't need two dodos for making eggs, that doesn't mean they will free up to empty slots on the server, it just means they'll hatch two more Rexes.

Technically you are correct, this option, as is, will not fix anything.

What needs to happen is a combination of factors.

1) The kibble system rework where an imprint requires only the preferred kibble.  Excellent idea, at least half of my tame limit is in service to imprinting.

2a) Egg laying rate.  Either kick out the mate boost and permanently increase the egg drop chance, or keep the mate boost effect but double the egg drop chance.  The goal here is to reduce the number of egg layers necessary for the taming process.

2b) an alternative is to reduce the base kibble amount (base as in 1x on official) by roughly half.  Ideally this would reduce the number of egg layers by roughly half.

3) Breeding boost, specifically increase mutation rate and the chance of higher stat transferring to baby.  Simultaneously, reduce the mating cooldown.  This change doesn't have to be dramatic, just enough to reduce the amount of dinos necessary for breeding.  Slightly less of a numbers game.

4). The big change that makes the first three actually work, reduce tribe and solo tame limit down to 300.  With egg layers reduced and breeding stat selection and mutation rates improved, the number of dinos are dramatically reduced.  What will stop people from hatching more eggs in place of egg layers?  Tame limit reduced.

All of my suggestions for how much to reduce or increase game statistics are strictly examples, the actual change to maintain a balance could be a much different amount.

In any case, if servers can not handle a few tribes near the tribe tame limit of 500, then the answer is to reduce the tribe tame limit and rebalance as needed.  This could even be tweaked to reduce limit to 200 and maintain a balance, if I had to guess.

To be fair, I'm expecting a sharp drop in tame cap as the people selling dinos and items for cash were recently warned they are in violation of Eula (haven't seen the tweet personally so could be rumor mill). 

3 hours ago, Mletalis said:

1) The kibble system rework where an imprint requires only the preferred kibble.  Excellent idea, at least half of my tame limit is in service to imprinting.

Honestly... It is rather unnerving to have a glow tail ask for glow tail kibble....  "thanks for hatching me, now FEED ME MY BROTHER!!" 

13 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Currently working on rex, anky, quetz, thyla, argent, tapejara and equus. Thats well over 250 dino's. Add the kibble farm and wyverns and trade dino's to that and you're already at 400-450 for 1 person. Just have a split in servers, easy as that. 

- Clutch Servers which can be accesed by everyone as we have them now if you want to play with friends divided over the world. 

That on its own will solve every single cap problem. Chinese/Russian tribes keep their servers on very low pop whilst pumping all their useless tames and kibble farms (which they don't use) to other servers capping them. 

While I agree with others about not having segregation, I have to agree with Zero here.  I cannot tell you how many Chinese/Russian tribes there are on all the NA-PVE servers, and you only really ever see egg farms and/or just dino storage.  Heck, on my Center server, there is a new box box box tribe that just ported in last week, dropped TONS of dinos AND, no joke here, put down 30 rafts.  We have been capped ever since.  They are not the sole reason as cap on ours and many, many others has been an issue, but stuff like this does not help and is not fair for our servers to be clustered by others.  Like many, I have tons of hours in this game and was having fun in Legacy, but supported them making better servers.  I think another problem is that WC should have just sucked it up and wiped ALL servers and made new ones.  They are doing the wipes again, yet only doing so many Legacy AGAIN...!!  They have had plenty of time to save their data and such...just wipe them all, revamp, and see how we progress.  I mean, why are they so concerned with not wiping all servers...do they honestly feel those few left, if they leave, will hurt their game and attendance?  They just had another Steam sale and again, had a huge influx of new players.  #WIPEALLSERVERS

The only solution are enough New Servers. Nearly all Servers are at Cap. We moved to SE and even there we have Tamecap and 250 Ping 2-3 rollbacks per day.... Aberration we have 150-250 ping whole Day. We need enough new Servers or this game dies!

ALL SERVERS ARE FULL AND TOTALLY OVERPOPULATED!!!!!

9 hours ago, Spaxx said:

The only solution are enough New Servers. Nearly all Servers are at Cap. We moved to SE and even there we have Tamecap and 250 Ping 2-3 rollbacks per day.... Aberration we have 150-250 ping whole Day. We need enough new Servers or this game dies!

ALL SERVERS ARE FULL AND TOTALLY OVERPOPULATED!!!!!

Yes, more servers are needed. A slew of legacy servers are being decommissioned. More servers are coming...just don't expect it'll solve the tame cap for very long.

Edited by LouSpowells

5 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Yes, more servers are needed. A slew of legacy servers are being decommissioned. More servers are coming.

as i know Wildcard they close about 100 Server and open 20 new.... The new server getting cap within 1-2 Weeks and we have the same situation

On 26.2.2018 at 2:40 PM, ZeroSeconds said:

Sry but you are part of the Problem! nobody needs raptoring 500 Dinos or more.... Breeed 1 Species or max 2. With this attitude no wonder we have Cap and lagging Server. 

Player like you need Prmium server. If you wana breed that mass its only fair you paying for Premium server 5-10€ Month

Edited by Spaxx
  • Like 1