Can someone else claim a baby reaper

Troy24

16 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

@Troy24 He should be able to claim it. It used to requires the consumption of some Pheromone Gland in order to do so but was changed in patch v278:

Wait, its possible for others to claim other survivor's Reaper King when it just came out? 

I always have this impression that since Adult Reaper King can only be reclaimed by the person who claimed it as baby, only the birthgiver can claim it. Was I wrong?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Wait, its possible for others to claim other survivor's Reaper King when it just came out? 

I always have this impression that since Adult Reaper King can only be reclaimed by the person who claimed it as baby, only the birthgiver can claim it. Was I wrong?

Anyone used to be able to claim them if they consumed pheromone:

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Anyone used to be able to claim them if they consumed pheromone:

Oddly though, prior to the first TLC Patch, I can't even claim other Reaper King fully grown even though I have consumed a Reaper Pheromone. I don't want to try that again for now since the two reaper the original owner claimed for the tribe belongs to them who has quitted the game.

33 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Oddly though, prior to the first TLC Patch, I can't even claim other Reaper King fully grown even though I have consumed a Reaper Pheromone. I don't want to try that again for now since the two reaper the original owner claimed for the tribe belongs to them who has quitted the game.

so im confused is it possible for someone from a separate tribe to claim a reaper?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 6:21 PM, Dibdab01 said:

So... i m wondering how to let a tribe member imprint it, maybe its a baby stage glitch and I let it grow to juvy without claiming?

It will starve to death if you don't imprint on it. You can't feed it if it is not yours. The imprints re very easy, though. I got 6 cuddles, 2 walks and a raptor kibble on my 150 + 75 lvl. When it was fully grown, it has 32k hp, 2.5k stam, 418 melee and 120 movement speed. (Imprint only affects health and melee)

Good luck, mate!

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/04/2018 at 8:19 AM, PropelLOLS said:

It will starve to death if you don't imprint on it. You can't feed it if it is not yours. The imprints re very easy, though. I got 6 cuddles, 2 walks and a raptor kibble on my 150 + 75 lvl. When it was fully grown, it has 32k hp, 2.5k stam, 418 melee and 120 movement speed. (Imprint only affects health and melee)

Good luck, mate!

Hehe not with a little trick. Anyways my mate tried it, got it to juvy (without claiming) then tried to claim it on another account but it was greyed out. Signed back into the one that birthed it and the claim option was available. So its a reaper thing, not just a baby stage thing.

As far as I know it does not matter if it is baby or grown. I am hesitant to try it but I'm pretty sure that only the one who birthed it can claim at any time. I think this is to make them more rare and valuable since you would not be able to get them without spending the time from impregnation to adult on abberation. I think the only way to get it without birthing it is to have someone who owns it join your tribe (with settings on tribe owned Dino's) and then have them either stay in the tribe or leave.

50 minutes ago, Sneakysmegal said:

I think this is a fantastic decision since even when people say gigas are much better I believe that if the rider is smart, a reaper can not only beat a giga in a fight, but reapers are 10 times as good utility due to their slow/knock back/jump and their awesome ability to bury

It depends, actually. Reaper King has a 79% damage reduction recieved from outside damage source (e.g: bite, gun) under absence of charge life effect. Given the fact it does not have a saddle, and that you can only get it through Reaper Queen's tail and with no way of breeding, it will still lose out against a fully stat-mutated, melee-focused and rider-imprinted Giga with high-armor Ascendant saddle in an enclosed area... even worse when the rider has a charge light pet at its disposal, since that fully negates the armor within the Reaper King.

2 hours ago, Dibdab01 said:

Hehe not with a little trick. Anyways my mate tried it, got it to juvy (without claiming) then tried to claim it on another account but it was greyed out. Signed back into the one that birthed it and the claim option was available. So its a reaper thing, not just a baby stage thing.

Its a reaper thing, in all ends. I don't get how that "is a trick", because as mentioned in this thread, only the birthgiver, regardless of tribe its in, can claim reaper king. Doesn't matter what stage it is in.

Just now, OfficerGrizz said:

Only the person that gives birth to the reaper can claim it, we have tried to do this before and the reaper freaked out and there was no option for our tribemate to claim it. even with the gland the reaper still goes into berserk mode.

to add onto that. only the person that imprints the reaper may claim an unclaimed reaper

Its a reaper thing, in all ends. I don't get how that "is a trick", because as mentioned in this thread, only the birthgiver, regardless of tribe its in, can claim reaper king. Doesn't matter what stage it is in.
It is true that they will lose vs a great giga in a straight up fight but I have seen a reaper win those fights because their tail spin attack ignores armor and if they time the slow and tail swipe attack and especially if they can hit the giga into water to buy time then they can win. I've seen it done. However the added bonus of a reaper is that they can be taken into bosses whereas gigas cannot. And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that reapers are also better than boss rex's so they are extremely useful. Lower damage but better tank and if utility is used right then they can definitely outshine any other boss dino

14 minutes ago, Sneakysmegal said:
51 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

It is true that they will lose vs a great giga in a straight up fight but I have seen a reaper win those fights because their tail spin attack ignores armor and if they time the slow and tail swipe attack and especially if they can hit the giga into water to buy time then they can win. I've seen it done. However the added bonus of a reaper is that they can be taken into bosses whereas gigas cannot. And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that reapers are also better than boss rex's so they are extremely useful. Lower damage but better tank and if utility is used right then they can definitely outshine any other boss dino

There are some things I noted about Reaper Kings though:

• Its true, you can bring Reaper Kings into most boss fights... BUT. Their armor don't save against Enflamed debuff, making bringing them into Dragon a terrible idea, since that debuff drains health at the rate dependent on %, not armor. Since they are meat eaters, Sweet Veggie cakes don't aid them, and even with hasty speed regen at charge light absence, it won't save them from the beatdown the debuff gives if they get hit too often. I still prefer Theirs over Reaper Kings for this boss due to their health recovery over sweet cakes.
    • To add on, Wilds one shrugs off at torpidity, but tamed ones don't. In terms of dealing with Manticore, they are still as vulnerable as that of Rex and other boss dinos when attacking up front or shot by the purple torpor shrapnels. And unless someone tested it, I doubt their acid shots can pull it down.
  • I noticed the size of the Tek Gate didn't fully open, which prevents Reaper King from accessing inside. I got no idea why that is the case, since the trailer shows as if its fully open rather than just open at one part.

There are some things I noted about Reaper Kings though:
  • Its true, you can bring Reaper Kings into most boss fights... BUT. Their armor don't save against Enflamed debuff, making bringing them into Dragon a terrible idea, since that debuff drains health at the rate dependent on %, not armor. Since they are meat eaters, Sweet Veggie cakes don't aid them, and even with hasty speed regen at charge light absence, it won't save them from the beatdown the debuff gives if they get hit too often. I still prefer Theirs over Reaper Kings for this boss due to their health recovery over sweet cakes.
    • To add on, Wilds one shrugs off at torpidity, but tamed ones don't. In terms of dealing with Manticore, they are still as vulnerable as that of Rex and other boss dinos when attacking up front or shot by the purple torpor shrapnels. And unless someone tested it, I doubt their acid shots can pull it down.
  • I noticed the size of the Tek Gate didn't fully open, which prevents Reaper King from accessing inside. I got no idea why that is the case, since the trailer shows as if its fully open rather than just open at one part.
True they may not be good for dragon but I have not done any bosses at the moment and have not gotten a chance to properly test them out. We are also getting quite off topic but my point was just that they are quite strong and was explaining that they are not tradeable because you can get a Reaper that can beat rex's with tons of pro breeding through one baby. Not saying they are best for any boss, just helpful [emoji1]

2 minutes ago, Sneakysmegal said:

True they may not be good for dragon but I have not done any bosses at the moment and have not gotten a chance to properly test them out. We are also getting quite off topic but my point was just that they are quite strong and was explaining that they are not tradeable because you can get a Reaper that can beat rex's with tons of pro breeding through one baby. Not saying they are best for any boss, just helpful emoji1.png

Well, technically its possible to trade, based on this quote...

3 hours ago, Dibdab01 said:

...but its arduous to even trade with it, since the birthgiver must leave the tribe and join others, then join back after the trade is done. Luckily though, you don't need to worry about transferring Reaper Kings.

Though tbh, its better you just raise your own reaper king rather than just trading for it due to the Imprint bonus, but if its for color...... eeeeh.

1 minute ago, Vaculity said:

Well, technically its possible to trade, based on this quote...

...but its arduous to even trade with it, since the birthgiver must leave the tribe and join others, then join back after the trade is done. Luckily though, you don't need to worry about transferring Reaper Kings.

yes it is possible but not recommended for the trouble. it is just one of the trade offs of playing on aberration vs island. good megalos and reapers instead of gigas and rex's

Archived