Tek Clone

MateusCZorzenon

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Theres a percent chance your dino dies in the cloning process. Probably a low percentile but can still happen none the less.

Source?

Guest DJRone89
21 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I've never actually used the cloner, but it's my understanding that if the cloner loses power from the tek generator mid-clone, the cloned dino is lost. 

Yes you lose the progress of your cloned dino if the chamber loses power but I can’t find any info that supports the possibility of losing the dino you are cloning from, for any reason.

5 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

The cloning chamber is totally useless. It costs waaaay too much element and the cloned creatures don't have the imprinting bonus. Breeding is a hell lot better!

But you cant breed some dinos. Thats what the cloning chamber is for. They lowered the cost by 40% in the last patch. Also you can farm element easy on abberation. 

1 hour ago, Doth said:

My friend did some cloning chamber testing four days ago on xbox, so before the tlc patch. When he turned off the generator the tame he was cloning died.

You mean the copy died right?

As for the element cost... if i recall it used to cost 300 or so element. Still not in the mood to spend 200 or so but ill make one anyway.

3 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You mean the copy died right?

As for the element cost... if i recall it used to cost 300 or so element. Still not in the mood to spend 200 or so but ill make one anyway.

The original died. The cost depends on what you are cloning. On ab I really don't care what it costs for a good crab or basilisk.

7 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

The cloning chamber is totally useless. It costs waaaay too much element and the cloned creatures don't have the imprinting bonus. Breeding is a hell lot better!

Don't know if it's fixed but there was a use for it: When the cloning chamber first came out, it would clear the family tree of the clone, including mutation counter. So you could get your blood line to 0/0 mutation counter.

• Volunteer Moderator
46 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Don't know if it's fixed but there was a use for it: When the cloning chamber first came out, it would clear the family tree of the clone, including mutation counter. So you could get your blood line to 0/0 mutation counter.

You can't mate clones so kinda useless.

On abberation we have been cloning the xmas and valentines day basilisks :) With a couple people getting element its not that hard to get it. Faster to do that then have to go around to all the caves/places to get artifacts and kill dinos to get the trophies imo. It's nice to be able to clone the basilisks since you cant breed them and the ones we have are super rare colors. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2018 at 12:29 PM, Succubus said:

On abberation we have been cloning the xmas and valentines day basilisks :) With a couple people getting element its not that hard to get it. Faster to do that then have to go around to all the caves/places to get artifacts and kill dinos to get the trophies imo. It's nice to be able to clone the basilisks since you cant breed them and the ones we have are super rare colors. 

Can you clone a CLONED Dino??

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, itsjojo said:

Can you clone a CLONED Dino??

Think so. I’m sure I’ve cloned a cloned Rock Elemental. It was on an old server so I can’t remember fully :(

Archived