breeding Breeding and mutations

SirPeter

3 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

Oh okay is that a setting or same for single player? Between single player and unofficial I don't have any plans to EVER go back to official servers. 

Unofficial and SP have the option to increase difficulty, or install mods that spawn wild dinos above level 450. So the cap doesn't apply to them, no settings changes needed as far as i know.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

So does there come a point where I would need/have to do this? Is this something I should all joking aside actually care about or is it just that theoretical stuff @banggugyangu said and it really is just a waste of time?

I wasn't exaggerating when I said it would take 14 years on official rates.  That's 14 real life years with 0 breaks.  There's not a single situation in this entire game that could ever require such a devotion.  Should they put something into the game that DOES require something like this,  I would quit and never look back.  I'm sure the majority of this player base agrees with that sentiment.

23 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Ideally you want to do this at the start so you wont have to re-create your clean 0/0 stock of females (to avoid re-introducing higher stats) once you start approaching threshold. But it is also worth noting that babies born at levels 379+ are safe, unless you manually level them up all the way to 450.

Am I the only one who sees this as a way to mess with people not familiar with this? Trade for awesome stuff and the tame you give them despawns like 10 or whatever levels later. Like controlling supply and demand kind of thing..Until they realize why it's happening that is.

Seriously note.. @DarthaNyan or anyone who knows answer.. If I understand this correctly, I need to tame my awesome high level dino with the 40 points into one stat (for example) but breed it with low level females over and over to reach the 20 marks in single stat. So basically the last thing I do is breed for the actual exp level?

36 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Theory (and practice) goes like this: once your babies start to pop at level close to 378 - it is about time to think about downgrading some of less important stats (for example, oxygen and wasted speed) by mating with low level specimens. It wont hurt your dino's performance (downgrading oxy may hurt performance of amphibious species), but will free room for more mutations.

I've mentioned before my high health, stam, melee, and .... oxygen... rex that I bred and took deep sea diving.  The oxygen stat coupled with the movement speed from breeding made him outswim a lot of wild aquatics, which was hilarious to watch.  But yeah,  +1 to this.  Of course, as I mentioned,  you're never going to need to spend so much time breeding perfection into your stats.  Any rex with 50+ health and 50+ melee in wild levels is boss-tier.  Anything above that in either is just a bonus.

1 hour ago, SirPeter said:

Seriously note.. @DarthaNyan or anyone who knows answer.. If I understand this correctly, I need to tame my awesome high level dino with the 40 points into one stat (for example) but breed it with low level females over and over to reach the 20 marks in single stat. So basically the last thing I do is breed for the actual exp level?

Still curious about this sorry if it's been answered already

It's been explained 10x over already.

Part 1 (Getting the stats)
1. Get a good Male and a group of Female Rex (Same stats, different stats, doesn't matter), all 0/20 Mutations.
2. Breed the 1 Male (Male A) with all the Females until you get a mutation in the stat you want.
3a. If it's a Male (Male B) it will replace Male A, and do all the breeding.
3b. If it's a Female, breed it with Male A until a new Male is born that has the mutation (Male B). Now remove this female from the breeding pool (Kill it if you want).
4. Repeat steps 3a & 3b until you have mutated 1 stat 20x. This will result in you having a single Male (Male C) with 20/20 mutations.
This is the end of Stat Line 1. (We'll say the stat was HP on this one).

5. Repeat step 2 until you have a new male (Male D), obviously in a different stat then the last line. (This time we'll go for Melee).
6. Repeat steps 3a & 3b (using our new Male D), until you have mutated the melee stat 20x into a single Male (Male E).
This is the end of Stat Line 2.

Part 2 (Combining the stats)
7. Take either (Male C) or (Male E) and mate them with a "0/20" Female, until you get a New Female with the Mutations (Female A). (For this example we'll say you used (Male C).
8. Now mate (Female A) with (Male E) until you get a new Male with BOTH stats mutated. This male will now have 40/20 Mutations. (Male X)
At this time you have combined Both lines together, making Stat Line X.

It is at this time getting mutations is cut in half, as you now have a dino with 20/20 (40/20 in this case) mutations. Thus you won't get mutations from this half anymore.
But we still have a group of "0/20" females. So you can just repeat breeding until you get past this point.

Part 3 (Over stacking)
1. Take the Male dino of your choice from Part 1 (Male C).
2. Breed it with a group of "0/20" aka Clean Females, until again, your desired stat mutates.
3. Your new dino will have "20/20" on the Dad's side, and "1/20" mutations on the mom's side.
4. Repeat step 2 with your new dino until you get a Male (Male Z).
5. Repeat steps 3a & 3b above until you're satisfied. Once it is done, you will have an extremely strong male. (For this case we're going with 100 mutations into a single stat "100/20 | 0/20").
Doing this you can theoretically get a dino with 255/20 mutations into a single stat. Now combine this Over stacked dino with another over stacked dino of the opposite gender, with a different stat to combine them into Super Dino (who in this case has "200/20 | 0/20" mutations. "Dad | Mom" side respectively.

Part 4 (Downgrading).
Assuming you mate this dino with clean females and the baby is born at level 379+, you need to lower it's level, or risk it reaching level 450 and getting deleted.
1. Breed Super Dino with a really really low level dino (Level 5) that has 1 useless stat with only 1 point into it.
2. Keep doing this until all your useless stats (Oxygen, Food, Movement Speed, Weight *In some cases*) match that of the level 5.
If you do this right you could potentially lose 120+ levels.

At this point you've done about all you can.

Love this thread. I Also am the same way about understanding so I will be reading through all of this. I play single player, Xbox one, primitive+, Ragnarok. But I still like the idea of breeding Uber awesome and under pretty creatures. I use console commands for building and in a RPG format..... Because without rules playing as god gets super boring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, juzek19985 said:

Hi, I was just wondering If the mutation value is over the limit on both male and female, would it still able get chance of getting mutation colour 4%?

Merged your thread in here because you can find all the information you are asking for. But to answer directly, no. You need at least one parent that is under 20 mutations to get new ones. And it is not 4%, it is 3 rolls of 2.5% each.

• 5 months later...
On 2/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, GmOcean said:

It's been explained 10x over already.

Part 1 (Getting the stats)
1. Get a good Male and a group of Female Rex (Same stats, different stats, doesn't matter), all 0/20 Mutations.
2. Breed the 1 Male (Male A) with all the Females until you get a mutation in the stat you want.
3a. If it's a Male (Male B) it will replace Male A, and do all the breeding.
3b. If it's a Female, breed it with Male A until a new Male is born that has the mutation (Male B). Now remove this female from the breeding pool (Kill it if you want).
4. Repeat steps 3a & 3b until you have mutated 1 stat 20x. This will result in you having a single Male (Male C) with 20/20 mutations.
This is the end of Stat Line 1. (We'll say the stat was HP on this one).

5. Repeat step 2 until you have a new male (Male D), obviously in a different stat then the last line. (This time we'll go for Melee).
6. Repeat steps 3a & 3b (using our new Male D), until you have mutated the melee stat 20x into a single Male (Male E).
This is the end of Stat Line 2.

Part 2 (Combining the stats)
7. Take either (Male C) or (Male E) and mate them with a "0/20" Female, until you get a New Female with the Mutations (Female A). (For this example we'll say you used (Male C).
8. Now mate (Female A) with (Male E) until you get a new Male with BOTH stats mutated. This male will now have 40/20 Mutations. (Male X)
At this time you have combined Both lines together, making Stat Line X.

It is at this time getting mutations is cut in half, as you now have a dino with 20/20 (40/20 in this case) mutations. Thus you won't get mutations from this half anymore.
But we still have a group of "0/20" females. So you can just repeat breeding until you get past this point.

Part 3 (Over stacking)
1. Take the Male dino of your choice from Part 1 (Male C).
2. Breed it with a group of "0/20" aka Clean Females, until again, your desired stat mutates.
3. Your new dino will have "20/20" on the Dad's side, and "1/20" mutations on the mom's side.
4. Repeat step 2 with your new dino until you get a Male (Male Z).
5. Repeat steps 3a & 3b above until you're satisfied. Once it is done, you will have an extremely strong male. (For this case we're going with 100 mutations into a single stat "100/20 | 0/20").
Doing this you can theoretically get a dino with 255/20 mutations into a single stat. Now combine this Over stacked dino with another over stacked dino of the opposite gender, with a different stat to combine them into Super Dino (who in this case has "200/20 | 0/20" mutations. "Dad | Mom" side respectively.

Part 4 (Downgrading).
Assuming you mate this dino with clean females and the baby is born at level 379+, you need to lower it's level, or risk it reaching level 450 and getting deleted.
1. Breed Super Dino with a really really low level dino (Level 5) that has 1 useless stat with only 1 point into it.
2. Keep doing this until all your useless stats (Oxygen, Food, Movement Speed, Weight *In some cases*) match that of the level 5.
If you do this right you could potentially lose 120+ levels.

At this point you've done about all you can.

I've been thinking about this process:

And if instead of me having several wild and one male mutated, I traded for several mutated females and one wild male. Would not that increase my chances of mutation even more?

You see, every wild female has a chance to develop a mutation. But if you have 1 wild male, he will have more chances because he will have at his disposal several females.

Archived