Boss Mammoths?

anubis3691

On 23/2/2018 at 6:05 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Oh yea definitely. Its really finding good queens though, I spent 8h during the valentines event and found two. One of them sucked, the other was average. Its down to luck, often i find 145s immediately, other times it just doesnt happen... But hey, I got 700 reaper glands from that xD

there is a spot close to the element chamber (art cave?) where u can get them to instantly respawn, which makes it way easier to grind up to get high lvls to spawn

On 2/23/2018 at 10:54 AM, banggugyangu said:

Yeah,  but if it reduces fire dot, then reapers will be king of that fight for sure, and I imagine overseer as well...  Also using the "Let the baby eat me!" technique, reaper raising isn't really too bad.  Just need to make sure you get those imprints.

Lemme know how it goes, though.  

it does not reduce the dot. rag dragon ripped the reaper. reaper op tank at everything except % damage so far

3 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

it does not reduce the dot. rag dragon ripped the reaper. reaper op tank at everything except % damage so far

So far, the only instance of % damage I have found that isn't reduced is the bleed effect (giga, Allo alpha, and ravages). I'm not surprised the dragon is an exception, but alpha wyverns, which do 20% over 10 seconds deal almost nothing to a reaper with 100% imprinter riding. 

On 2/23/2018 at 2:43 PM, banggugyangu said:

Well, given that the debuff from the shot affects the dragon, that's not a bad thing for the unridden ones to keep it stacked on him.  The tail swipe would be a problem, except that they would likely swarm.  The damage is lower than the bite, but not by a lot.  I have been 1shotting a lot of dinos that at level 1 have 300+ health on a 692% melee reaper.  That's still a hefty amount of damage for the tail swipe.  The typical attack patter for unridden reapers seems to be a howl > projectile > 2-5 bites > howl > tail swipe > 2-5 bites > repeat.  They still will put out a decent DPS when unridden.  Regardless, though, if they take reduced damage from the fire breath on the dragon, then it would still be worth riding one instead of a rex.

does this work now on island dragon, bc i tested it previously on rag boss and it did not take manticore or dragon to the ground. And there is no reduction in fire dmg for theriz on dragon either. the dmg is hard coded %

2 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

So far, the only instance of % damage I have found that isn't reduced is the bleed effect (giga, Allo alpha, and ravages). I'm not surprised the dragon is an exception, but alpha wyverns, which do 20% over 10 seconds deal almost nothing to a reaper with 100% imprinter riding. 

yeah i have taken mine on just about everything you could take it on. Giga still melts the heck out of it. We lost a reaper tanking dragon on an alpha rag fight as well as it appeared to have no reduction at all to the fire % dmg. I also dont think alpha wyvern is a % dmg out put. Fought many many with my lights and have taken many firebreaths on the way to the trap, certainly does not feel like a 20% dot. Reaper is certainly OP for wyvern farming. i even offered a custom colored yuty(thanks to yuty breeder friend) on my server to anyone who could kill my reaper with wyverns, while i was stomping through the bottom of the scar with flower buff. one guy said... ill bring a light pet.... i said bring him on. it will die long before you get me killed.

I don't know if it does or not, but if it does, they would be useful. Maybe to have one in the fight unridden. Also, probably should avoid using the phrase "hard-coded". For the fire breath DoT, it's "hard-coded" regardless of whether or not it's reduced.  What matters is where the DoT is falling in the damage formula. In the case of bleed effects, it falls after the reaper's damage reduction. In the case of wyvern fire breath, it falls before the reaper's damage reduction. 

4 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I don't know if it does or not, but if it does, they would be useful. Maybe to have one in the fight unridden. Also, probably should avoid using the phrase "hard-coded". For the fire breath DoT, it's "hard-coded" regardless of whether or not it's reduced.  What matters is where the DoT is falling in the damage formula. In the case of bleed effects, it falls after the reaper's damage reduction. In the case of wyvern fire breath, it falls before the reaper's damage reduction. 

"hard-coded" as in not programmatically calculated, thus implying ignoring dmg reduction calculations. If alpha rag is an indicator the cocoon did not work for us on manticore or dragon.

5 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Alpha wyvern is definitely 20% over 10 seconds. My ice wyvern with 11k health took a single fire breath and nothing else from an alpha that agro'd. It went from 11k to 8.4k. There's an impact before the dot. 

but was a % or a high level alpha that hit like a truck? That is not conclusive.

4 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

"hard-coded" as in not programmatically calculated, thus implying ignoring dmg reduction calculations. If alpha rag is an indicator the cocoon did not work for us on manticore or dragon.

That's the thing... It IS programmatically calculated. All percentage based health damage has to be. There's a variable involved called "target health". It was also a level 25.  If you look at the wiki for alpha wyverns, this is also known to be % damage, as is the lower % for regular fire wyverns (10% over 10 seconds). On the other hand, I've killed alphas as high as 155 on my Reaper and never suffered more than 600 damage altogether despite being hit repeatedly by the fire breath. What it comes down to is wyvern fire breath dot happens before the damage reduction in the calculation. Bleed DoT happens after. If your account is accurate, the the dragon fire breath dot also happens after. 

14 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

That's the thing... It IS programmatically calculated. All percentage based health damage has to be. There's a variable involved called "target health". It was also a level 25.  If you look at the wiki for alpha wyverns, this is also known to be % damage, as is the lower % for regular fire wyverns (10% over 10 seconds). On the other hand, I've killed alphas as high as 155 on my Reaper and never suffered more than 600 damage altogether despite being hit repeatedly by the fire breath. What it comes down to is wyvern fire breath dot happens before the damage reduction in the calculation. Bleed DoT happens after. If your account is accurate, the the dragon fire breath dot also happens after. 

yeah it def hit like a truck and easilly killed the reaper. the other reaper i was on did tank the golems ez pz

17 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Golems?   Since when are we talking about the manticore?  If you're talking about the ragnarok dragon, let's keep in mind that ragnarok and center bosses are borked hard compared to the island.  (center monkey 1 shots riders)

The boulder thing was fixed recently.

And I was in an alpha rag fight, it was so easy we did it with rexes.

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

Golems?   Since when are we talking about the manticore?  If you're talking about the ragnarok dragon, let's keep in mind that ragnarok and center bosses are borked hard compared to the island.  (center monkey 1 shots riders)

rag boss has golems. which is what i said earlier that i hadnt tried the reaper on the island version yet and that on the drag and mant combo of alpha rag it melted the reaper and did not go to the ground by cocoon attack. On island have done hard brood and hard monkey taking the reap in and it was fine, not really anything better than rexes on those.

23 minutes ago, SpecTimsauru5 said:

well I've always thought that a Megatherium would be a good boi to take to the broodmother fight as they get that buff cuz... spiders>bugs+megatherium=mammalian theri

I've never tried it as I don't have the game ( :() but it would seem like a good idea.

Megas take a steaming dump all over the broodmother,  yeah.

I wouldn't ride anything else, except maybe a yuty.  Gamma can be solo'd on a single mega if you have a good bred one. Add mate boost and it is even easier.  For alpha, if you approach it the same way you would with rexes, the megas will tear her to shreds in a fraction of the time. As far as sustaining losses, if you're doing alpha bosses, the you should expect some losses. You won't go wrong with 19 megas and a yuty, though. 

7 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

I wouldn't ride anything else, except maybe a yuty.  Gamma can be solo'd on a single mega if you have a good bred one. Add mate boost and it is even easier.  For alpha, if you approach it the same way you would with rexes, the megas will tear her to shreds in a fraction of the time. As far as sustaining losses, if you're doing alpha bosses, the you should expect some losses. You won't go wrong with 19 megas and a yuty, though. 

don't forget your daeodons!

Archived