Breeding events

TheRedExemplar

Hopefully not for awhile. Hatch those eggs on regular rates. You can do it. 

Server performance is exponentially worse during breeding events and negates any bonus achieved. For PvE it also results in tame capped servers that require a week or more to recover from it. The benefits are negated. No thanks. 

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Hopefully not for awhile. Hatch those eggs on regular rates. You can do it. 

Server performance is exponentially worse during breeding events and negates any bonus achieved. For PvE it also results in tame capped servers that require a week or more to recover from it. The benefits are negated. No thanks. 

Its mainly because I have a quetz egg and its 18 hours baby time

13 minutes ago, TheRedExemplar said:

V-Day.thumb.jpg.b7e1d46f7142eb92416b9212f6f6cf26.jpg

I feel ya. lol. 

I have the luxury of having all day Sunday off so as sick as it sounds, I wake up at 6 AM so the Quetz is juvenile by midnight (luckily I work a stagger shift so don't work Monday's either). I'd definitely invest in a boss fight run and tek troughs cause it makes these raises so much better once you get past the baby stage. I like the fact that a baby goes to a 6 hour time frame too (really closer to 8 with amount of lag and roll backs) but it often ends up with stuff like topping a juvenile Quetzal's troughs right before you go to bed, then your server rolls back to before you topped the trough while you are sleeping so you wake to death bags and that 6 hours is wasted anyway. 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

V-Day.thumb.jpg.b7e1d46f7142eb92416b9212f6f6cf26.jpg

I feel ya. lol. 

I have the luxury of having all day Sunday off so as sick as it sounds, I wake up at 6 AM so the Quetz is juvenile by midnight (luckily I work a stagger shift so don't work Monday's either). I'd definitely invest in a boss fight run and tek troughs cause it makes these raises so much better once you get past the baby stage. I like the fact that a baby goes to a 6 hour time frame too (really closer to 8 with amount of lag and roll backs) but it often ends up with stuff like topping a juvenile Quetzal's troughs right before you go to bed, then your server rolls back to before you topped the trough while you are sleeping so you wake to death bags and that 6 hours is wasted anyway. 

How many fridges full of meat to keep all them quetz?? ?? I have 4 

Just now, TheRedExemplar said:

How many fridges full of meat to keep all them quetz?? ?? I have 4 

Lol.

I have about 30 fridges in main raise section. I do a bunch of them at the same time because if I'm going to be attentive for 18 hours then I may as well do it for a wide array of dino's. I will admit when I do these raises a large portion of my time is spent on meat runs. I invest heavily in rare flowers, preserving salts, and use a high melee Wyvern (640+% at last look).

I raise Yuty's at the same time since they have same baby timer, though don't consume as much meat. I have a tribe mate that helps with the meat runs luckily and have been raising mass Quetzal's since legacy so have a good system down. The 18 hours is long but I prefer it over doing everything right only to have a server roll back steal the dino's you just invested so much time (whether 6 hours or 18 hours) into and with the state of official server's the most likely roll backs scenario's come during breeding events. 

4 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

yes +1 for no breeding events. maybe no x2 taming as well. making taming and breeding hard should help get rid of the tamecap. put baby food consumption back to 2016 rates. or even harder. real breeders can handle it.

Time commitment equates to difficulty?  Since when?  It's not more difficult to raise something because it takes longer.  It's also not more difficult to tame something just because it takes longer.  The longer time commitment only requires that your real life suffer more.  Breeding is not difficult in any form.  If you are high enough to make refrigerators, all you have to do is stock up on the baby's food of choice before hatching and make sure you have time to get it to a point where it can be left alone prior to hatching.  That's not difficulty in any sense of the word, unless you suffer from ADD.

23 minutes ago, Lickimus said:

30 fridges? Maybe breeding is harder nowadays. on primitive I just took a ride on giga when meat time. But we had no fridges so maybe good if u wanna stay in base all day long.

Fridges are more about not having to be online for long periods of time.  If you have stocked fridges, you can log in, restock your troughs, and then you're good to log off until the troughs need to be restocked.  This is also more common when using cooked food instead of raw for the longer spoil timers (enough food will cause the food to spoil before being consumed.)  Cooked fish lasts up to 60 hours before spoiling, so you can stock enough troughs that it won't get eaten in that time period, and your dinos will have food literally for days.

27 minutes ago, Lickimus said:

30 fridges? Maybe breeding is harder nowadays. on primitive I just took a ride on giga when meat time. But we had no fridges so maybe good if u wanna stay in base all day long.

When I raise, I raise a decent amount because I like the trade market. 10 Quetzal's, a couple Yuty's a couple Rex's, whatever else I fancy that day. The fridges help me to always have something on hand if I am short on time, it also allows me to do other aspects of Ark knowing that a quick fast travel will get me back to base to top troughs while I'm on one of my adventures. Also gives me the comfort of knowing if I only have 10 minutes at lunch time I can pop in and top troughs before heading back to work. 

5 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

yes +1 for no breeding events. maybe no x2 taming as well. making taming and breeding hard should help get rid of the tamecap. put baby food consumption back to 2016 rates. or even harder. real breeders can handle it.

More like "everyone living in their mom's basement can handle it" some people who enjoy officials work buddy. No reason to restrict more content from them by making their babies starve.

I thought that we get one breeding event per month or its every other month. As for tame cap... Play pvp where that doesn't exist. pve will never be fixed because the tame cap problem is at fault of the players. The servers can only handle so many creatures and structures, even if WC can find a way to squeeze in lets say another 200 creatures in the server tame limit it would be instantly filled because everyone would rush to get new tames or breed. Then we are right back where we started with even more lag and everyone starts complaining to WC.

1x maturation isn't that bad as well when you get a tek trough you can essentially forget about the baby.

2 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Time commitment equates to difficulty?  Since when?

Since forever, the devs seem to think, unfortunately. I'm amazed at how they seem to keep adding grinding to make things more "difficult". But then it doesn't affect me too much as I play on a private server, so I get to play the way I like and the people who like the devs' way can play that! :)

3 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Since forever, the devs seem to think, unfortunately. I'm amazed at how they seem to keep adding grinding to make things more "difficult". But then it doesn't affect me too much as I play on a private server, so I get to play the way I like and the people who like the devs' way can play that! :)

It's the devs' right to be wrong about what is difficult.  Few game developers understand that real difficulty comes from raising the skill floor for execution rather than creating artificial difficulty through time sinks, absurd damage output, and damage sponge enemies.  Edmund McMillan is probably the best dev I can think of off the top of my head for realizing what true difficulty is.  The Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy are both extremely difficult.  Neither one requires a huge time investment, and neither has what you would call a damage sponge (The Binding of Isaac has The Hush which could sorta be considered one, but still only like a 2 minute fight tops).  What they have is true difficulty in execution.  Most of these truly difficult games fall under the "Rage Game" category, unfortunately, because the difficulty leads people to anger.  I personally love them, though.  Something that really tests my skill level is satisfying when I am able to demonstrate that skill, if even only to myself.  Nothing in ARK offers that same experience, though.

6 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Time commitment equates to difficulty?  Since when?  It's not more difficult to raise something because it takes longer.  It's also not more difficult to tame something just because it takes longer.  The longer time commitment only requires that your real life suffer more.  Breeding is not difficult in any form.  If you are high enough to make refrigerators, all you have to do is stock up on the baby's food of choice before hatching and make sure you have time to get it to a point where it can be left alone prior to hatching.  That's not difficulty in any sense of the word, unless you suffer from ADD.

U live in a world of fantasy.

46 minutes ago, jpcab said:

U live in a world of fantasy.

Ok.... there was nothing fantastical about what I said.  I simply called it out for what it was.  Breeding is easy.  It's time consuming, sure, but it's simple and easy to do.  Are you suggesting I am unrealistic for hoping that the devs one day get a grasp on what is actually difficult?  I certainly don't expect that to happen.  Nothing about their track record suggest that it will.  To say that I "live in a world of fantasy", though, because I called it for what it is is simply not true.  If you suggest that breeding is actually difficult, then please explain to me how it is difficult.  Don't mention anything about how long it takes, though, because time involved does not equate to difficulty in any sense of the word.

Ok.... there was nothing fantastical about what I said.  I simply called it out for what it was.  Breeding is easy.  It's time consuming, sure, but it's simple and easy to do.  Are you suggesting I am unrealistic for hoping that the devs one day get a grasp on what is actually difficult?  I certainly don't expect that to happen.  Nothing about their track record suggest that it will.  To say that I "live in a world of fantasy", though, because I called it for what it is is simply not true.  If you suggest that breeding is actually difficult, then please explain to me how it is difficult.  Don't mention anything about how long it takes, though, because time involved does not equate to difficulty in any sense of the word.
Where as I don't agree with him simply saying you live in a fantasy world was appropriate argument, I do believe yours to be a opinion on your part.

My opinion, is back in the old times, a baby giga would need a little over 9,000 meat (if I remember correctly) just to get through the first day. (According to crumplecorn prior to the changes in food.) Now, it's a little over 3,000. (if I remember correctly)

So, I am able to say, it is easier for me to raise a baby giga now, than it was before.

During normal time, a baby giga takes 28 hours to get through baby phase. On a event, it's 14 hours. Also fair to note because a baby matures twice as fast, it's also eating less meat in the same amount of time. Hour vs hour so to speak.

So I'm able to say, it's easier for me to get a giga though baby phase, on a event. Which has everything to do with the amount of time I have to invest in that baby.

Which leads to the conclusion of my opinion post, if I can say something is easier one way, then then the only way to describe the opposite is more difficult.

Special note, I think it's proper if I see you doing something, and I know a faster way to do it for me to say "here, let me show you a easier way to do it" and if one way is easier, then the other way could correctly be described as harder.

Again just my opinion!

Never read such a bullpoop sry.
Only workless people or people with friends are really able to breed on the officials.
And they give a raptor on the amount of work you need to put in.
The Problem are not the small tribes.
And the tribes are capped with dinos.
So, if you only can have the allowed amount of Dinos anytime, the Problems for the dino cap and lags are clearly other reasons.

19 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

its quite different if you play pve or pvp. spending insane amounts of time on animals that can be killed when you wake up next time is kind of stupid and taming and breeding on pvp servers should be permanent, at least x2

17 hours ago, TheRedExemplar said:

that is mine issue with breeding. its dumb to have spend whole day feeding virtual animal. but if you have day off and you plan to spend it at home, you need to feed it often for first hour or two, after that its every 1 or more hours until they are out of baby phase

Archived