Breeding events

TheRedExemplar

11 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Where as I don't agree with him simply saying you live in a fantasy world was appropriate argument, I do believe yours to be a opinion on your part.

My opinion, is back in the old times, a baby giga would need a little over 9,000 meat (if I remember correctly) just to get through the first day. (According to crumplecorn prior to the changes in food.) Now, it's a little over 3,000. (if I remember correctly)

So, I am able to say, it is easier for me to raise a baby giga now, than it was before.

During normal time, a baby giga takes 28 hours to get through baby phase. On a event, it's 14 hours. Also fair to note because a baby matures twice as fast, it's also eating less meat in the same amount of time. Hour vs hour so to speak.

So I'm able to say, it's easier for me to get a giga though baby phase, on a event. Which has everything to do with the amount of time I have to invest in that baby.

Which leads to the conclusion of my opinion post, if I can say something is easier one way, then then the only way to describe the opposite is more difficult.

Special note, I think it's proper if I see you doing something, and I know a faster way to do it for me to say "here, let me show you a easier way to do it" and if one way is easier, then the other way could correctly be described as harder.

Again just my opinion!

I see your point, and appreciate the level of respect in your response, but I still disagree.   What you're describing to me is convenience, not difficulty.  I can take nearly any carnivore out and have 20000+ meat in a couple hours.  That meat can be put into refrigerators and last throughout the raise of a giga.  All that is required is preparation before hand.   This isn't difficult; it's merely cumbersome.  Convenience is also not the same as difficulty.  Someone ill-prepared claiming something is hard because they didn't make the necessary preparations is simply foolish, naive, or lazy.  None of these reflect the person's skill level, though.  If there were an aspect of breeding that was actually hard to execute, then yes, reducing the time frame (and thereby reducing how many times that difficult action needed to be repeated) would reduce the difficulty of breeding.  The thing is, there isn't.  Breeding is nothing more than stocking all of your refrigerators with the appropriate food, watching an egg sit on top of a bunch of AC units, then shoving meat in the dino's pockets for a few days.  None of this is hard to do.  A giga is arguably the most difficult carnivore because of the risk of SIDS due to their immense appetite, but that just requires you to literally babysit them for a longer period of time.

Difficulty is a term to describe the skill required one should expect on the execution of whatever it is describing.  With breeding, there's no skill involved whatsoever.

I see your point, and appreciate the level of respect in your response, but I still disagree.   What you're describing to me is convenience, not difficulty.  I can take nearly any carnivore out and have 20000+ meat in a couple hours.  That meat can be put into refrigerators and last throughout the raise of a giga.  All that is required is preparation before hand.   This isn't difficult; it's merely cumbersome.  Convenience is also not the same as difficulty.  Someone ill-prepared claiming something is hard because they didn't make the necessary preparations is simply foolish, naive, or lazy.  None of these reflect the person's skill level, though.  If there were an aspect of breeding that was actually hard to execute, then yes, reducing the time frame (and thereby reducing how many times that difficult action needed to be repeated) would reduce the difficulty of breeding.  The thing is, there isn't.  Breeding is nothing more than stocking all of your refrigerators with the appropriate food, watching an egg sit on top of a bunch of AC units, then shoving meat in the dino's pockets for a few days.  None of this is hard to do.  A giga is arguably the most difficult carnivore because of the risk of SIDS due to their immense appetite, but that just requires you to literally babysit them for a longer period of time.
Difficulty is a term to describe the skill required one should expect on the execution of whatever it is describing.  With breeding, there's no skill involved whatsoever.
I also see your point and I think it is indeed valid. Perhaps just a matter of perception! If something takes me longer I do see it as more difficult. Just like I would say rasing a giga is harder than rasing a raptor. But, I do see where you're coming from because it is the same actions either way. [emoji4]

With that said, I've tried stocking fridges but I guess I am doing something wrong, or over stocking my troughs. I usually work 8-9 hours so I'll normally fill up 8-9 troughs for a single giga. I worry about them running out. I normally have to do 2 full meat runs (where my giga has nothing but meat in its inventory and gets the black weight box and can't harvest anything) a day. Perhaps you could offer some advice on minimizing the amount of meat I'm losing to spoiling? Perhaps like a lower number of feeding troughs a fresh juvi giga would need to survive minimally for X amount of time?

6 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

I also see your point and I think it is indeed valid. Perhaps just a matter of perception! If something takes me longer I do see it as more difficult. Just like I would say rasing a giga is harder than rasing a raptor. But, I do see where you're coming from because it is the same actions either way. emoji4.png

With that said, I've tried stocking fridges but I guess I am doing something wrong, or over stocking my troughs. I usually work 8-9 hours so I'll normally fill up 8-9 troughs for a single giga. I worry about them running out. I normally have to do 2 full meat runs (where my giga has nothing but meat in its inventory and gets the black weight box and can't harvest anything) a day. Perhaps you could offer some advice on minimizing the amount of meat I'm losing to spoiling? Perhaps like a lower number of feeding troughs a fresh juvi giga would need to survive minimally for X amount of time?

Let me start by saying,  Giga raising is something I have 0 desire to ever do again in my entire life.  It's so mind numbing with how much you have to baby them.

As far as spoilage,  Once the giga reaches a point where you can leave it alone for any period of time, I recommend cooked fish meat.  Left to spoil, cooked fish will last 60 hours in a trough.  With that said, cooked fish offers just over half the food value of raw meat.  This means 2 things:  1:  You need a LOT more of it.  In the case of gigas, I suggest 30+ troughs of it if you're going to  be leaving them alone for a whole day.  2:  Dinos will occasionally forget to eat for an unspecified amount of time.  I have had juvenile dinos starve to death with an entire trough of fish + a trough half with cooked meat and half with raw meat sitting right next to them.  Both troughs were untouched when the juveniles died.  Since fish offers less food, you run into the possibility of this bug being more detrimental, especially on higher food draining dinos like gigas.  If your giga can be left alone for 8+ hours, though, you should be fine.  Again, gigas will go through BOATLOADS of fish, but with enough troughs, you can leave the giga alone for 60 hours before spoilage takes all of its food.

• 1 month later...
Just now, BEARxSNIPE said:

i  was wondering if there is going to be anymore breeding events because im am busy with school and work to be able to breed a lot so i would do it during the evolution events, but recently there has not been a breeding event. so im am just curious if they stopped doing the event 

It's being done exactly how it should be which is a rare bonus. 

I for one appreciate it since the server is basically unplayable and cap is reached very quickly during events.

A 6 hour baby Quetzal time doesn't help me if it's going to roll back the server when I am offline and take the food out the troughs. All that does is make 6 hours of hand feeding pointless. I'd rather do 18 hours of hand feeding and know my Quetzal's are good to go when I get them to juvenile. 

So I don't think they are done, I think they are rare and special and think that is the right way to do them. 

I would like to see the breeding/taming rates permanently updated, along with everything else, just set them 2x and be done with it. Difficulty is per perspective, one person's time availability is very different from another. 1x is fine for raising/breeding if you have the time for it, I myself have 2 gigas, one raised on 2x time, one on standard time, both prior to the food adjustment stage and assisted with another on the new timeframe, there was a much higher risk of sudden baby death during the prior timeframe so, seeing the change now is much more stable, though, would like to see the imprinting adjusted for them, since now hitting the 100% benchmark is about impossible ( and yes, I already know, 98% is about the same, but for those with that "perfection" trait, myself included haha it has to be 100%)

The actual difficulty honestly would be time availability, people do work and weekends serve multiple roles for them, raising/breeding/taming, should not be one of those extreme need to do factors.

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, Spacenerd said:

Great if u can play all day. Bad if you have a job

There are other options if you can’t dedicate your time to official

Some people have to work for a living, they have families that they would like to spend time with, lots of players on here have small children, you know a actual life an they like playing this game so yes having a 2x or 3x is very helpful. If you are reaching a dino cap then pick your best Dino's an keep them otherwise kill them off. Personally, I don't have time to do a 18hr baby quetz or a 28 hr baby giga due to a thing called life, I'm a wife / mother and things have to be took care of on a daily/ hourly bases so yes a 2x or 3x is a game must in my opinion.

The people who don't events like this already have everything and don't want smaller or new tribes to fill up "their server". This is why people say the official community sucks, which I disagree with because my tribe helps new players, but I agree the loudest people are the ones with everything already and still want more. Working 45 hours a week and breeding is not easy, in fact I'm about to try it out for the first time. I got enough fridges with meat ready and I'm hoping all the eggs I hatch live lol. I know easing them is not too hard, feed,walk, cuddle etc. But if I want to imprint, which I do, I need to get up early and wake up again late at night, that's absurd! They need to change the breeding and kibble system so the frustrated and new players aren't pushed away. With out breeding how else can u get rex's at lvlfor a boss fight??? That's why it needs to be fixed or add more events for the new player's. Lower the tribe tame limit so people will have to remove or kill off old dinos they no longer need kibble from too! 

54 minutes ago, wyndy said:

Some people have to work for a living, they have families that they would like to spend time with, lots of players on here have small children, you know a actual life an they like playing this game so yes having a 2x or 3x is very helpful. If you are reaching a dino cap then pick your best Dino's an keep them otherwise kill them off. Personally, I don't have time to do a 18hr baby quetz or a 28 hr baby giga due to a thing called life, I'm a wife / mother and things have to be took care of on a daily/ hourly bases so yes a 2x or 3x is a game must in my opinion.

Respectfully wyndy, for players that like to do a lot of time consuming breeding the option has already been provided to play on unofficial servers where those rates can be easily and permanently adjusted.  Official servers have never been set up (or intended to be) an optimal location for quick and easy breeding.

No criticism intended, just pointing out that if breeding is a major focus for you then you might consider going to an environment that specifically caters to that play style.

1 hour ago, wyndy said:

I agree! Please fix this for the adult gamers who work and have families!

Ranger I have been playing on the same server for over a year and since they(wc) changed it to a legacy server we don't get any of the so called holiday events where breeding is involved so it has been a good while since my server has had any help or privileges as all other servers. So yes the 2x is very helpful where I am standing

Archived